Home Strange New Worlds
Options

USS Discovery runs Windows OS

The Klingons in Discovery should be working on a malware attack, apparently.

https://www.inverse.com/article/37191-star-trek-discovery-computer-code-windows

When will we get Legendary Clippy?

obbb06kmqgfn.png
It looks like you're trying to get the warp engines online. Would you like help with that?

Comments

• Options
    What if they're in mid fight with a bunch of birds-of-pray, and the view screen goes "Your Windows license has expired. Would you like to renew it?"
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who don't want to click the link, here is an excerpt:

"A scene in the most recent episode of Star Trek: Discovery finds main character Michael Burnham set to work debugging some mysterious computer code. Well, mysterious to her, at least — eagle-eyed computer programmers instantly recognized what she was working on as proof Starfleet is still running Windows in the year 2256.

Considering how fast computers evolve, it’s more than a little hard to believe we would still be working with what is recognizably Windows code nearly 250 years from now. In fact, the code in question comes from Stuxnet, a bit of malware likely developed by the American and Israeli governments to damage Iran’s nuclear program, which goes just a little against the whole Star Trek ethos."
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe legendary clippy should be the next Mega event star? Obviously he'd have Engineering, and I suppose Diplomacy since he's always talking.
  • Options
    I´d airlock clippy instantly...just as I did on me computer years ago :D
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Tilly: captain we ...

Lorca: Cadet are you a Windows upgrade? Because Not now

Tilly: No S-sir it can wait
  • Options
    Running Windows should be a crime in the Federation! ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...