Home The Bridge
Options

Main event crew not matching mission slots

Is it not reasonable to assume that the main event crew , should match at least several of the crew slots for the event missions....
This weeks Research Partners.
legendary Sato... Dip/SCI.. = no fully matching mission slots.
Mutated Paris Dip/med.. = 1 matching mission slot
Mirror Phlox… 1 matching slot and 1 reversed skilll slot.
Lots of sec and eng slots but no main event crew with those skills as the main trait.
Surely the point of purchasing crew /collecting rewards is to improve your chances of success in the faction mission.
I’m not a Vulcan so maybe I’m missing some logic in DB execution of this event. However as a human , I see either a complete lack of thought process behind this event or lack of quality control and quality checking before the event was released. Either way I’m starting to understand some players frustration and why they’re considering quitting or have quit the game because they feel their expectations are not being met fairly or the financial cost of playing is no longer fairly balanced. I mean nearly £100 for a main event pack in which the main legendary crew doesn’t fully match the mission slots... in 12 missions...Really !!
This is not rocket science DB. If you want to retain players then play fair and balance the cost of what we pay to play evenly.

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is probably my biggest frustration with Faction missions. IMO there should be at least one matching slot per crew, per faction (if not per mission).
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed; I'm finding Phlox the most useful and I already had him FFFE from the Borg event.
    I don't think it is intentionally this way; but I guess someone has to program in the missions and they just got lazy and copy/pasted from another event.

Thankfully I have a deep enough crew full of Jadzias and the gold card doesn't bother me too much this event. I'm really just playing for FuglyParis, anything else is a bonus.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the slot only has one value to it that is what the event character has, is it not matching?
    If the slot is an OR with one value that is the same as an event character, is it not matching?

Admittedly, it would be better with some of the ANDs, but it's not really a total loss.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    There should be more value from the event characters for those who are buying them ( or have them) and are trying to advance in an event. That being said, I've have been running 1500 VP events since last night and I have had about a 50% failure rate with expected success rates in the mid 80s and higher so thanks to RNG I am ready to throw in the towel. 🏳
  • Options
    Me too.... really struggling this event, and it's so bad I think I'm just going to do bare minimum for shuttle mission events from now on. Prioritize building events or hybrid, I do better on those.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree. I was disappointed that my early immurrtalized Loki Sato was not even the best share for my team. Shared Murr Flux instead.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    When you only have 12 missions total there is a lot less diversity in the choices for which shuttles to run. I hope DB changes this back... this is total garbage and killing all of the fun.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dislike the change.
    It's playable, less enjoyable for my taste
  • Options
    When you only have 12 missions total there is a lot less diversity in the choices for which shuttles to run. I hope DB changes this back... this is total garbage and killing all of the fun.

I like this change very much. Less missions to open rule shifts event efforts from "level every character you can and maybe it will become useful someday" to "choose your characters to level carefully and make sure your crew is truly diverse". I also fully support adding more missions with AND slots at the expense of missions with OR slots.
  • Options
    Dislike the change.

I have completely different opinion. Less missions to open equals less missions to waste and it also takes less time to send shuttles. I would very much like to see complete termination of kickstart "strategy" some day. The sooner the better.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with the original post. This particular event's mission slots don't seem to match with the event crew's skills (except for Mirror Phlox). That's not the norm. Usually there are a couple clear matches. It makes me wonder if the skills for Loque'eque Sato and Mutated Paris were changed last minute, or if the person designing the event didn't know what their skills were when he/she created the missions.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Dislike the change.

I have completely different opinion. Less missions to open equals less missions to waste and it also takes less time to send shuttles. I would very much like to see complete termination of kickstart "strategy" some day. The sooner the better.

Disregarding Kickstart for one second, there is Strategy in picking missions. Less choice, less strategy for some folks.

Because you have a different playstyle does not invalidate theirs.

Less choice = bad from my standpoint.
  • Options
    I'm fine with the 12 missions, as long as there are 12 good options. I'm having trouble slotting Sato as well (I think I have her in a dip/sec slot). I do wish that there were better or more obvious options for the 3x bonus crew, but this isn't the first event by a long shot where the crew skills didn't entirely match up to the shuttle missions presented. All the more reason to not spend $100 on crew each week, IMO.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has to have a "tool" to level a character so Shan can figure out what the final stats of the character is. This is absurd considering those stats should come directly from the person who BUILT the character (decided what items they get, decided what stats those new items have, etc).

So given the absurdity of their processes, it stands to reason that the person who designs the shuttles has no idea what skills the event characters have and how to align them.

Also ... we've seen that the faction missions we run don't fit the faction only items required to level these characters (like all the medical exp's Paris requires, yet we're not running Augment shuttles).

Cause STORY >>> actually being able to LEVEL and PLAY the game.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Dislike the change.

Disregarding Kickstart for one second, there is Strategy in picking missions. Less choice, less strategy for some folks.

That's my point exactly. Simple evading can hardly be called strategy. There is no real challenge to it.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, was excited to have Sato leveled and ready to go. But disappointed and pretty mad that I can use her. It's fine if I could trust the shown percentages but I know the AND shuttle missions never match my recorded numbers unless the crew has both skills. There should have been several diplomacy/science and diplomacy/medical missions to select.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, was excited to have Sato leveled and ready to go. But disappointed and pretty mad that I can use her. It's fine if I could trust the shown percentages but I know the AND shuttle missions never match my recorded numbers unless the crew has both skills. There should have been several diplomacy/science and diplomacy/medical missions to select.

I have a 4/5 sato and she is by far the best bonus card I have and has several places I can use her. There are loads of dip slots or and slots where dip is the first listed stat.

While a dip and sci in that order would be nice I’ll take the dip and anything else as long as dip is listed first.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the less choice is bad camp.

I'm also in the RNG **tsk tsk** monkey balls camp, so don't penalize me and keep me from reaching 4k shuttles based on purely bad luck (repeated 22/4 fails at "95% success rate" anybody?).

If you're going to kill the kickstart for whatever reason, fine, but let me pick my difficulty or ramp my difficulty faster.

Also, we need a real answer, and some actual code investigation. Does the order of the stats displayed on the shuttles matter? We've been told it doesn't, but experience and investigation by the community has shown that yes, it indeed does, at least sometimes.
    When I have a DIPS AND SCI shuttle, does SCI ever get the full bonus? Does SCI get the full bonus if it's higher than my DIP skill and both match? Is this different from if I have a SCI AND DIP shuttle?

How about for OR shuttles?

DB has some strange aversion to actually declaring the rules and mechanics of the game. Especially odd for a CCG game. I have NEVER seen ANY other company have such an aversion. Perhaps they exist, but I've never had personal contact with them. This leads to distrust because of their constant opacity.
    I honestly wonder, and others have agreed with me, does DB refuse to admit how things work because they're not sure that they ACTUALLY work as intended?
  • Options
    as long a said event crew is useable in the event, although not perfect matched i don't care. There are more important things to complain about.
  • Options
    I'm in the less choice is bad camp.

I'm also in the RNG *marinating tofu* monkey balls camp, so don't penalize me and keep me from reaching 4k shuttles based on purely bad luck (repeated 22/4 fails at "95% success rate" anybody?).

If you're going to kill the kickstart for whatever reason, fine, but let me pick my difficulty or ramp my difficulty faster.

Also, we need a real answer, and some actual code investigation. Does the order of the stats displayed on the shuttles matter? We've been told it doesn't, but experience and investigation by the community has shown that yes, it indeed does, at least sometimes.
    When I have a DIPS AND SCI shuttle, does SCI ever get the full bonus? Does SCI get the full bonus if it's higher than my DIP skill and both match? Is this different from if I have a SCI AND DIP shuttle?

How about for OR shuttles?

DB has some strange aversion to actually declaring the rules and mechanics of the game. Especially odd for a CCG game. I have NEVER seen ANY other company have such an aversion. Perhaps they exist, but I've never had personal contact with them. This leads to distrust because of their constant opacity.
    I honestly wonder, and others have agreed with me, does DB refuse to admit how things work because they're not sure that they ACTUALLY work as intended?

I have been only using crew in a slot if their primary stat matches the FIRST stat listed regardless of and or or mission. I basically use the sorted from db but ignore any crew with the second listed trait as primary.

I may not pick what displays as the best percentage, but after making this switch at least I get what I’m expecting results wise.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I'm not clear, there are 4 slot missions that have diplomacy only slots. There are 3 slot missions that have a combination of dip/sec or dip/cmd.

What you see as a success percentage by placing Sato (who does not have either secondary skill) is a false higher percentage. Easy way to test this is to place her in a cmd/diplomacy slot and add a cmd boost. She does not have cmd. Yet the percentage shown increases.

This is because the client side is incorrect in my experience. I've ran thousands of shuttles and when I have expected success, I'm using crew that has both skills. Same goes for Paris, the event shuttles do not match the crews skills and as a result, you can end up hurting yourself if your expectations are to pass 95 percent of the shuttles because that's what is shown.

Yes you can use her in 4 slot missions but the percentages are lower and you have to add one more crew. A waste IMHO.
  • Options
    I think I'm not clear, there are 4 slot missions that have diplomacy only slots. There are 3 slot missions that have a combination of dip/sec or dip/cmd.

What you see as a success percentage by placing Sato (who does not have either secondary skill) is a false higher percentage. Easy way to test this is to place her in a cmd/diplomacy slot and add a cmd boost. She does not have cmd. Yet the percentage shown increases.

This is because the client side is incorrect in my experience. I've ran thousands of shuttles and when I have expected success, I'm using crew that has both skills. Same goes for Paris, the event shuttles do not match the crews skills and as a result, you can end up hurting yourself if your expectations are to pass 95 percent of the shuttles because that's what is shown.

Yes you can use her in 4 slot missions but the percentages are lower and you have to add one more crew. A waste IMHO.

I’m using sato in holographic interference in a dip and sec slot. It’s the first listed stat and while she doesn’t have sec if I use a dip bonus the stated percentage on screen should be correct.

I’m also running two terran 4 seaters with two dip only or dip first slots each as well. Between three gold daxes (2 lt commander and one Klingon bride) and m-113 and the two new event crew dip is the best stat for me given the complete lack of sci primary missions.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I find as long as I don’t use a boost for the second stat I get the same result using the first stat in an and mission as if it was a dip only mission.
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments to the post, it is appreciated. The initial point that I was trying to make was either the event had no decent thought process behind it or was just whacked together with no checking or quality checking of the event.
    It took all of the first 5 minutes of event start to realise the event missions did not match well to the new event crew but of course this is too late for players that have purchased packs to realise that actually their expectation with the event crew has not been met with the money paid out , whether that be $10 USD or £100 GBP. The expectation is accumulative to the cost. So the more you pay the more reward you would expect .
    Surely DB must have the facility to check before the event start to make sure the players get ‘ what they are expecting to pay for’ . I’m not a game programmer but I can’t imagine it is hard to either change skill slots of a crew member (eg Engineering instead of science) or change skill slots in certain missions to another skill. So that if you have, let’s say a mutated Paris , that there is at least one fully skilled mission crew slot in each faction for that main event crew .
    And no , I don’t think it was done purposely but it makes players feel their money is being taken by DB without consideration to their gameplay . Inconsiderate to say the least. ( I.e. in English DB attitude appears to be , ‘ just chuck this event out there , can’t be bothered to make sure the gameplay Is decent and we will just take their money anyway. ) Last week we had issues with the event , and DB used the poor communications excuse , I would suggest after this weekend the issues appear a little bit more severe and deeper than communication issues. Ill stop short using the word complacency but laziness ( I agree Jim) isn’t far off the point.
  • Options
    Whether it is DB goofing up on the design or player apathy (or both,) something is definitely wrong. I have never been in the top 1200 of a faction event and my VP score is about where I typically run at, maybe slightly higher, but not by much. I didn't spend any on this event, but I do have MP FFFE.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether it is DB goofing up on the design or player apathy (or both,) something is definitely wrong. I have never been in the top 1200 of a faction event and my VP score is about where I typically run at, maybe slightly higher, but not by much. I didn't spend any on this event, but I do have MP FFFE.

Several players I’ve spoken with from top fleets, as well as some players in my fleet who regularly place top 1k, have said that the failures this event seem to be exceptionally high. Some of them are stuck at 1500 VP shuttles whereas they usually don’t fail any until the 4k shuttles.

That, and I think there’s some low motivation going around.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭

Several players I’ve spoken with from top fleets, as well as some players in my fleet who regularly place top 1k, have said that the failures this event seem to be exceptionally high. Some of them are stuck at 1500 VP shuttles whereas they usually don’t fail any until the 4k shuttles.

That, and I think there’s some low motivation going around.

I have failed about 50% of my shuttles in the 1500-2250 range (mid 80s to low 90s % success). Got to 2250 for one set and dropped back down due to excessive failures. Weird RNG was the norm except for the last couple of events, now it's back to weird failure mode.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    DB check the terran missions, with full bonus crew, over 90%, 2 ships are constantly fail
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    KTz wrote: »
    DB check the terran missions, with full bonus crew, over 90%, 2 ships are constantly fail

I switched to Federation shuttles because my fail rate was really high, and have been doing a lot better.
  • Options
    Is everyone with high failure rates using crew with the first or second as their primary stat on and slots? As an example my theory is that while mirror phlox shows the same percentage in a sec and med versus med and sec, the sec and med percentage is calculated incorrectly on the server side compared to the displayed rate.

I’ve stuck to first stat primary only and have literally not failed a shuttle yet.