Home The Bridge

Climbing Ranks Pack: Learning a Lesson from Professor Scott

Just bought some dilithium for $20 and pulled 3 packs. I need one more star each for Undercover O'Brien and Liaison Torres, and my 5* Barclay and La Forge could both use more stars.
I pulled 3 packs and received 3 Professor Scotts. :( I already had one star for him, so now he's fully fused, but I guess I was just hoping for something...else.
I knew I'd been having too much good luck with the time portal lately. Maybe its time to go back to just doing the monthly card for a bit.

Comments

• Truly worth a seperate Thread. Want me to do a thread everytime i have bad luck with pulls? ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • No one mentioned this particular pack yet, and I thought I've seen it done before. I'm sorry if this was somehow incorrect of me. I didn't mean to make anyone unhappy with my post.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what the lesson learned was. Seems to me you played it perfectly. You had none of the crew FF, and while you didn't get what you were hoping for, you stopped once you had someone FF.

Well played.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the lesson learned was. Seems to me you played it perfectly. You had none of the crew FF, and while you didn't get what you were hoping for, you stopped once you had someone FF.

Well played.

You're right. I wasn't trying to say that I was ripped off. If anything, RNG has been extra good to me lately with the portal pulls. I guess the lesson I was thinking was just something along the lines of not having your expectations set too high. I was hoping to FF the other two who are characters I like a bit better. I feel silly spending money on this game sometimes & I'm going to think about $20 every time I see Professor Scott.
  • He's still good crew, main character, good base stats, prodigy trait. Have him at 3/4 and I'm thinking to try a pack.

But I understand the 20$ thing. And outside a monthly card I never saw the need to spend more as the value can indeed be disappointing at times.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post skiz.
    Try to see it as a win. He's a strong 4* engineer and those can be difficult to aquire. And some day he'll be an event character.. (or variant)

..... Some day.
    (Looking at you DB... Looking at you.)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda wondering if we're going to all of a sudden have an Archer-Scotty-Sato event to clear up the no event cast having an event list in one swoop
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    I'm kinda wondering if we're going to all of a sudden have an Archer-Scotty-Sato event to clear up the no event cast having an event list in one swoop

I strongly agree that they need to do something about this, but now that they have discovery...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am saving up all my dil for end of event with discovery crew pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, yep RND **tsk tsk**! I have had similar bad luck of late, but its offset against the occasional lucky pull (for instance I lucked out and got Burnham out of the best chance pack) and I FFFE my Age of Sail Crusher from a 1x premium pull from the gauntlet, and added another star for Mirror Spock from the galaxy community pull.

I don't think its worth buying Dilithium for these type of crew packs as its pretty expensive for a paltry amount of Dil. The 10-for-10$ pack is a bit more reasonable if it ever drops!

Jim.
    DB: Do Better