Home Ready Room
Options

FF the same crew multiple times

I can't find any information about this. What happens when you FF the same crew again? Can you put it in the cyro if it is already in there? Can you unfreeze a crew if the same already active? FF the same crew counts into the achievement or you have to ff different crews?

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't find any information about this. What happens when you FF the same crew again? Can you put it in the cyro if it is already in there? Can you unfreeze a crew if the same already active? FF the same crew counts into the achievement or you have to ff different crews?

You can indeed immortalize multiples of the same crew. You can even put more than one into Cryo and then take both back out.

And yes, it does count towards the achievement.

Here’s a screenshot of a fleetmate’s Jadzias. 4sal855f7b5s.jpeg
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You can indeed immortalize multiples of the same crew. You can even put more than one into Cryo and then take both back out.

And yes, it does count towards the achievement.

Here’s a screenshot of a fleetmate’s Jadzias.

Haha, she seems to be a popular choice — I've got two immortalized 1701 Jadzias myself. But just wanted to add, that while duplicates do indeed add to the #s required for the achievement rewards, extra copies do not count toward cryo collections. That is, if you're working on the Do No Harm collection, and you have two immortal copies of the same crew with the doctor trait, the collection will only recognize one of them.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used this mechanic on a lot of common 1* crew to hit the immortalize 200 crew achievement to get enough dilithium for my 4th shuttle. I leaned heavily on Ensign Kims and CMO McCoys.

The Crew Cost Breakdown site is useful for figuring out the most efficient crew to do it with.

http://ssr.izausomecreations.com/crewcost.html
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    I used this mechanic on a lot of common 1* crew to hit the immortalize 200 crew achievement to get enough dilithium for my 4th shuttle. I leaned heavily on Ensign Kims and CMO McCoys.

You immortalized 200 crew before getting a 4th shuttle? That takes some cajones my friend. Are you FTP?
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

You immortalized 200 crew before getting a 4th shuttle? That takes some cajones my friend. Are you FTP?
    Ah, sorry, I misremembered, it was the 175 immortalized crew level that gave me my fourth shuttle. Working on 200 right now. And yup, F2P all the way :)

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Ooops. Sounds interesting, so it seems i wasted a lot of 1 star crew members .... will try it wir tue next 1 star i receive .....
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    There is no indication in the Cryo Vault that you have frozen multiple versions of a crew member. To test I Immortalized a second Will Riker and froze him. The Vault only shows 1 Will Riker with no indicator that there are 2 froze. Thawed one out and there was still one frozen.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »
    But just wanted to add, that while duplicates do indeed add to the #s required for the achievement rewards, extra copies do not count toward cryo collections.

@Data1001 - To confirm, regarding Achievements, are you saying that if I were to use some of my excess Crew Experience Training to immortalize lots and lots of copies of Common characters, I could build up my number towards the Immortalize your crew members Achievement, and thereby more quickly earn additional Dilithium?
  • Options
    SvenLundgrenSvenLundgren ✭✭✭✭
    Irial, that is correct.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • Options
    PhdPhd ✭✭✭
    I must have done that, since I have one less in cryo than the achievement states, but I don’t know who I froze twice! I might be 2* Kirk, but I’m not sure.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind while doing this that the achievement ends at 350 immortals. After that, you don’t get any more dil for hitting new milestones.
  • Options
    Okay. Will Keep it in mind.
  • Options
    I've been trying to find out if you can freeze multiple copies. Thanks guys!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Confirmed.
    I FF/FE 2* Yar today, she could be freezed and the achievement raised by 1.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 1.5 years of reading the forums, I rarely learn anything new (mostly just remind myself of things I'd forgotten). But this... interesting. Seems like an unintended loophole though. Why should we get credit for double-immortalizing crew? Go ahead and do it if you think it helps your gameplay, but as credit toward an achievement? Doesn't make sense to me. The bigger *cronut* in all of this is the 350 immortals achievement limit. That seems unfair in a game that is well on its way to 600 cards. So, fix the double-dipping loophole, but get rid of the ceiling on immortalization achievements. (Full disclosure: I have 256 single-copy immortals and no doubles, so this isn't currently a problem for me, but someday...)
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    So I have wasted my time waiting to fill out my 4* when I could just have immortalized a bunch of 1* and get the achievement. Thanks a lot guys!