Home Make It So!

New Feature- Quark's Gambling Hall

I was thinking, this might be a new and interesting feature, sort of like the Dabo wheel. You go into the room and play a game, Dabo or something similar, where a wheel is spun, randomly picking a winner. Each player would "bet" one of their crew members. The winner would take the loser's crew member. I realize this would probably be a major overhaul of the system to make room for this feature, but I think it could be very interesting.

Comments

• Interesting idea though you would need to balance the bets, e.g. all players in a game bet commons, or all bet rares, etc... otherwise you could have significant differences in the stakes different players put up.
    Does it need to be limited to crew though? What about equipment, ship schematics or even replicator rations or plain credits? Many players who would be adverse to risking crew might be open to risking those items.
  • Yeah that would work so well. Newer players would bet ok to useful legends and older players would bet grilka and dominon siskos. And when the newer players learned how bad the 5* they won was the forum tearjerkers would flow that much more.
  • Yeah that would work so well. Newer players would bet ok to useful legends and older players would bet grilka and dominon siskos. And when the newer players learned how bad the 5* they won was the forum tearjerkers would flow that much more.

Quiet you, we need those precious tears to keep the hamster wheels lubricated and the servers running! :p

As a newish player myself I've not yet seen Grilka or Dominion (I assume you mean Captain since he has the Dominion style headpiece???) Sisko, and looking at the wiki I'm not clear what's so bad about them?
  • In the current meta they are sub standard nerf drops. At least sisko has some value as a main cast for event but grilka is a substandard klingon. Dip/sec/com characters are so over represented they need something special going for them to be a valid choice like top 25 voyages or having a Stat 1.2k+ for shuttles. Newer characters are just generally better due to power creep.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is already a very graphic-heavy suggestion for Quark's Gambling Hall in the suggestions area actually. Someone posted a lot of pix and it looked meowsome!
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down for this.
    At least doubles could have a sense of higher value then the pitiful honor amounts.

Risk one 4* to win 5x 4*s
    Sign me up
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a lot of trouble for DB with no upside.
  • Does it need to be limited to crew though? What about equipment, ship schematics or even replicator rations or plain credits? Many players who would be adverse to risking crew might be open to risking those items.

I love that! Choose what you want to bet, crew, schematics, equipment or credits. Sounds good!! :smiley:
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Even if it was a betting shop filled with Grilka's the chance to fully fuse or immortalise a Grilka would still be a huge boon to a new player or a collector at that moment in time.
    It would perhaps reduce slot issues and card duplicates for sure but I presume there would have to be a sort of cool down period.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm; interesting idea. It would make duplicates more useful.
    DB: Do Better