Home The Bridge

Do you like getting Ship Schematics from Premium Pulls?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge
There are few things more anticlimactic to me than getting ship schematics from Premium Pulls, but I wonder if there are those who love them?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Do you like getting Ship Schematics from Premium Pulls? 160 votes

Yes - I enjoy boldly going in a variety of rides.
15%
For CardassiaCapt. ChaosNeos472Jim RaynorCapt AjammPallidyne[BL] Q ÷ The Eternal ChampionNeems[S47] ELiLRoger Wilco, JanitorNivenFresMirrorMartigan[STFL] TheHell2EarthMatt_DeckerTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)LjofaLeadHeadIronagedaveAlmost a Angel 24 votes
No - They are like getting ugly socks for Christmakkah.
69%
Rabbuss_bonaventuresorinev[DC] PrincipiaCaptain_Who[KM]VidemCaptain TFCaptain DurfProsserData1001MordackCaptain Lost[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!Nick the friendly ex borg[TUFG] SiguardIvanstonescruffy151[QH] OxmyxTongo Rad[QH] He-Who-Meows 111 votes
I don’t care - I go where the solar winds take me.
15%
Knight Ranger[GoT] jess-gayDpmtZombie Squirrel RocpileMcCaptainfaceehmigaKaitee[TUFG] Doctor X[10F] Fuzzy MooHungry Dog DDMRaraRacingal103gregorytGib - Admiral Mariners[SSR] BaragashChaoticDNA[AR-UNI] General AbreYateballAcer 25 votes

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One 5 star ship is all you need. I suppose I needed enough schematics to get that one but it would be cool to move on with life. They used to be good for replicator fuel and I still use them first, then any non 5 star trainers, then fuel but I have enough rations from Voyages to where I will never run out
  • No - They are like getting ugly socks for Christmakkah.
    I have all the ships i need fully leveled. Granted new players dont but hey, maybe DB could separate crew portals from ship schematic portals (seen that idea tossed around on the forums)...i know id buy more packs!!
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    It absolutely should be limite to 2 cards per pull...to spend 650 dil and get half scheme cards is akin to a bust...DB is mean spirited
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ships in general need a huge overhaul. It wouldn't be irritating to get ship schematics if there was actually something useful to do with them. In ye olden days that was replicator fuel, but Voyages have sorted me on that for years to come.

What I would like to see is a way to dump more schematics into ships as a way to boost them with very high diminishing marginal returns but no limit.

Ideally there would be something to use smaller ships for other than getting even more useless 3* schematics...
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    Limit them per pack cool, but I'm trying to level up more 5 star ships for Voyages. You don't 'need' more than 1 5 star ship, but a variety helps in the Anti-Matter department.

Agreed. There needs to be a good way to build what you want. It would be nice to see a 2 premium system. One heavy on but not limited to schematics for maybe 450 dil...then the one we have moderated to character distribution

I know, I know....it’ll never happen because it makes sense from a player POV
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Yes - I enjoy boldly going in a variety of rides.
    After a while you have all the 3* rares anyway, and the portal is one of the few ways to get schematics (besides the arena).
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are very nice, if not essential, for newer players getting their first ship(s) together.
    I got my starting ships as rewards from playing the daily arena battles. so can today's new players.
    no more ship schematics in premium pulls.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta fuel the replicator with something... I don't really have strong feelings on it, the schematics aren't much use, but neither are the 3*s I've already cryo'ed. They both had their place when I was starting out, now if a 3* pull gives me something useful it's a nice surprise, but I don't go expecting it and I'm not disappointed it if it doesn't happen.
  • General McDuckGeneral McDuck ✭✭✭✭
    I still think there should be a specific schematics portal pack. It would be nice if they cost less than the regular 650 dil...but I doubt DB would do that. Either way...schematics need their own portal packs.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think there should be a specific schematics portal pack. It would be nice if they cost less than the regular 650 dil...but I doubt DB would do that. Either way...schematics need their own portal packs.

That is a good idea

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad they added new ships to the packs, but once you have a ship maxed they are like getting a kick in the nutts every time they drop.

It would be good if we could actually do something with them but the entire ship battle mechanic needs to be redesigned imho.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Jim Steele wrote: »
    Im glad they added new ships to the packs, but once you have a ship maxed they are like getting a kick in the nutts every time they drop.

It would be good if we could actually do something with them but the entire ship battle mechanic needs to be redesigned imho.

Jim

+1.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted don't care only because I'm "alright" with replicator fuel
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I would rather the amount of schematics be at least limited to two slots of a 10x pull.
  • Pallidyne wrote: »
    Limit them per pack cool, but I'm trying to level up more 5 star ships for Voyages. You don't 'need' more than 1 5 star ship, but a variety helps in the Anti-Matter department.

You Need many more if you want your voyages to be more effective frequently. With all those new ships you Need all the ships you can get.
    It is very unfortunate though that anything below a 5* ship will never be used in voyages, regardless of attributes.

• I don’t care - I go where the solar winds take me.
    Now that they've added some of the ships I'm missing, I don't mind as much.

Would it be nice if only the schems you need dropped or there was a cap on schematics? Sure.
    Would it be nice if there was a schem only pack? Sure.
    Would it be nice if the whole schematic approach was revisited? Sure. Take the component approach - basic schematics plus items to build ships. Sell the item(s) in packs for Dil and/or cash to maintain the current monetization.

Do I want DB spending time on any of these? Meh, probably not. Ships lack real value. They need to address that first. Voyages was a good start, but they more needs to be done to make them valuable.
    Captain Bubble Bobble
  • @Topic: I only like them when I dont have them yet. My 20.946 ISS Enterprise NCC1701 schematics tell me that doesnt happen very often. My 13.161 Borg Cube schematics agree.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only because I still have a decent amount 5* ships that aren't at max yet, and Voyages are important to me.

When I eventually have a wider variety of 5* ships maxed out, then I will probably start to get more annoyed at schematics drops.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still at a stage where I need Schematics but, I think a simple solution is to create a separate crew and ship schematic portal - perhaps expanding the merit boxes and separating them in to different categories.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    One 5 star ship is all you need. I suppose I needed enough schematics to get that one but it would be cool to move on with life. They used to be good for replicator fuel and I still use them first, then any non 5 star trainers, then fuel but I have enough rations from Voyages to where I will never run out

personally I would like to get all 5* ships so that you have the best chance of getting extra AM via traits for voyages.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Ace BoogieAce Boogie ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    They re called replicator rations.
  • Yes - I enjoy boldly going in a variety of rides.
    Sure, either you get some Schematics (Borg Sphere for instance) OR another copy of Ensign Vorik or Rescuer Tucker, etc.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
    ― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, either you get some Schematics (Borg Sphere for instance) OR another copy of Ensign Vorik or Rescuer Tucker, etc.

Makes me think of this:
    CniXfuo.jpg

You can never get enough Voriks.

The real question is whether the upcoming mega will give the long awaited Taurik.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before they introduced the new ship schematics to the portal I had them all pretty much maxed anyway ... so I never really cared ... I just let them pile up and used them as replicator fuel (as others have stated).

To be honest, the only thing I care about (as a f2p player) from a premium 10x pack is 4* (or 5*) beholds and it is not as if ship schematics are really reducing the chances of me getting more of those.
    In general my pulls look like this: 1 4*, 3-4 batches of ship schematics and the rest 3*s (all Honor). Meh. What are they going to give me instead ... more Honor (i.e. 3*s I don't need/want).

If I get ship schematics from a standard 10x pack pull I hope they are for the Intrepid-Class Ship ... the only ship from the classic set that I've not maxed out yet!! (only at lvl 6 ... 30 schematics off of lvl 7).
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    One 5 star ship is all you need.

Unless you want to match traits in voyages for +150 antimatter. That often makes the difference of passing a dilemma or not. The ability to feel out different ships to find your favourite(s) in the arena is ideal too.

At this point all the rare crew and schematics that are currently in the portal are duplicates for me, so I prefer the pittance of honour (crew) over replicator rations (schematics).

+100 to the idea of having 2 separate options for portal pulls - to choose either a crew or schematics pull for all the drops which are not the purple & gold crew.
    I don’t enjoy getting them. If new ships were available that I didn’t have maxed like disco shenzhou andorian and orion ships then I wouldn’t mind as much. Or if they weren’t such a weak replicator fuel they would at least serve a small purpose. A limit would be nice.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because I don't spend money on schematics