Home Ready Room
Options

Does the Double Rewards shuttle boost also double Faction Victory Points?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
Couldn't find it in the Wiki... anyone know for sure?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it does
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, double points but the shuttle takes three times the normal amount to run.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Also, the bonus to your success percentage is minimal at 4000 runs even with the 5* double rewards. I usually only use these for overnight missions, because there's no way I'm waking up every 3 hours to send shuttles. Probably why I never come in the top 1000. My dedication is low. haha

If you're looking at an overnight scenario, if you're sure that you can pass at least 3 shuttles, then send them with the rewards boosts. Otherwise, it's safer to just use the regular boosts and to be mostly sure that you can pass them all.

I say mostly sure because RNG has a way of coming back to bite you in the you-know-where when you least expect it, like on a 98% success shuttle.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right, but on occasion, I like to sleep in, or just generally disconnect and not have to check my phone every three hours.

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the key way I use the Double Rewards Shuttle Boost feature is near the end of Phase 1 of a Hybrid Event.
    Specifically, after you have a set of shuttles return with less than 3 hours remaining in Phase 1, then send out another set using the Event Transmissions with the Double Reward Shuttle Boosts - these will come back 9 hours later, but the Event will not be over, and you are still eligible to add their Victory Points to your total, even though the Event has entered Phase 2. If you have the best possible Success rate, this can give you an additional 32,000 Victory Points in a Hybrid Event.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Right, but on occasion, I like to sleep in, or just generally disconnect and not have to check my phone every three hours.

I only use the double the rewards item in faction event that I don't care much for.
    When I'm actively competing I tend to send the last one (3h) with skill boost around midnight, get 6 hours of sleep and do the next one around 6am.
    This way has (for me some advantage):
    - I do get somewhat decent sleep (6h)
    - Shuttles get a decent skill boost so changes should be much better of succeed that with the double.
    If everything should succeed in both scenarios it still events out, so I lose nothing.
    - If 1 shuttles fails, I only lose 4000 VP, if one double shuttle fails one loses 8000 VP.

Finally doing 3h shuttles has the additional advantage of being somewhat flexible.
    Should I wake up around 3am because my toddler has a bad night or just because nature call, I still have the option to send that 3rd batch of shuttles. If I had send the 9h shuttles I would have been stuck with it ...