Home Engineering Room
Options

Node too difficult to crit-clear?

<TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Engineering Room
Rabid Fans, "Shut Down Fighting Rings" node. This node requires 712 Sec just to clear and is locked by the Investigator trait. The only crew with this combination who are even capable of clearing this node are Detective Data, Doctor La Forge, and Tommy Gun Dixon. Of these, Doctor La Forge would require a lucky proficiency roll to crit. These aren't exactly readily obtainable crew. Only Detective Data is capable of critting this node without being already immortal, so that means collecting 4 copies of either Doctor La Forge or Tommy Gun Dixon.

This node could stand to have its Locked By expanded by one more trait.

Edit: Probably should have been in "Make it So!" subforum, but it's here now. Oh, well.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just immortalized Tummy Gun Dixon, butt I had Detective Data immortal for a while, that helped a lot ... butt I agree ... the node could be easier to clear by unlucking it cumpletely.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    While we're at it, make all crit requirements 30 and give us all the legendaries ff/fe.

What's wrong with having some difficult to complete nodes?
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
    Ezri Dax: Oh, how to keep from breaking into tears for no reason...
  • Options
    Even a FF/FE Stranded Odo is not enough to complete it, there is a difference betweeen difficult and impossible, not all players have a bottomless wallet for 5* crew!
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tommy Gun is 4* and he will clear it
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Even a FF/FE Stranded Odo is not enough to complete it, there is a difference betweeen difficult and impossible, not all players have a bottomless wallet for 5* crew!

It's not impossible, you just have the right 'tool'. Like Normad mentioned Tommy Gun will do the trick, I'm a level 60 and there are still nodes that I haven't been able to crit, because I don't have the right tool yet.
    But that is just one of the things that keeps this game fun and interesting, it's an extra thing to consider when choosing with of the 3 from a behold.
    Besides what's fun about being able to warp any node you want, and having nothing to aspire for ...
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    I am down to two nodes not 3 starred. I need to fully fuse Pel and Trader Odo and FE them to get those nodes done but I will eventually get them. It just takes time/patience and a little luck!
  • Options

Indeed there is a difference. Impossible would be if no crew could crit it. Difficult is if some can. So that would make this difficult.
    Sisko: What are you gonna learn in the next few months that you haven't already learned in the last 300 years?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detective Data can clear it with one star
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogaDanar wrote: »
    I am down to two nodes not 3 starred. I need to fully fuse Pel and Trader Odo and FE them to get those nodes done but I will eventually get them. It just takes time/patience and a little luck!

I think I know the node you speak of. Zhantara Odo can do it with one star. I think it took three stars on Grand Nagus Rom to get it initially

• Options
    edited March 2018
    While we're at it, make all crit requirements 30 and give us all the legendaries ff/fe.

Oh, let me translate. "I already have it (lulz) so who cares about you scrubs lmao?" Good for you, do you want a cookie?

"Difficult" isn't the problem, the problem is there are only three crew capable. Too small a pool given that we're now over 300 crew. That's now less than 1% of the available crew are capable and since two of those three must be 4/4 in order to crit clear that node then you're looking at far worse than 1% since you'd have to get lucky four times to immortalize one of those two. It's much easier to get 1/5 Detective Data than it is to get 4/4 of the other two (short of them being event rewards) which means you're now looking at worse than a 1 in 300 chance each time you even get lucky enough to get a legendary crew drop or behold.

It's not impossible and I'm not saying all players should be able to crit all nodes the instant they lay eyes on them. I'm saying this one node in particular has such a low number of potential crew who can clear it. In the past, DB has altered trait requirements on other such nodes where only one or two crew were capable of critting so why not this one? Add another trait that folds in another 2 or 3 crew. That would double the number of candidates. Nothing more than that.

It's also nothing to do with wallets or buying dilithium. I've passed on Detective Data from beholds twice now without having ever bought more than a monthly card (and I haven't even done that in about 6-8 months) because there was a better option for me at the time. Those come from just participating in events and the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Darxide wrote: »

Oh, let me translate. "I already have it (lulz) so who cares about you scrubs lmao?" Good for you, do you want a cookie?

How rude. Didn't realise you were just her to whinge and moan.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tommy Gun is 4* and he will clear it

Agreed, I did it with Tommy Gun Dixon at 2/4 FE. And some luck.
  • Options
    Darxide wrote: »

How rude. Didn't realise you were just her to whinge and moan.

Glass houses and all that.