Home Make It So!

Crafting Components and Items

I don't suppose this has already been suggested? Sorry this is repetition.

In light of the fact that some 3* (and even some 2*) items and components are so difficult to come by (3* Alcohol, 3* Emitter Crystals, 3* Synthesized Polymer) and some faction items (2* Bloodwine, 2* Science Experiments, 2* Encoded Communiques), I thought it might be workable to allow players to craft these items with the same, less rare items. So for instance a 3* Alcohol could be crafted from a number of 0* or 1* Alcohols. The number could be outrageous to discourage abuse (like the faction store prices), but I thought it might be a nice option to have.

Possible 200 0* Alcohol to make a 3* Alcohol, or 50 1* Alcohol for the same.
"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!

Comments

• I don't suppose this has already been suggested?

Literally dozens of times.
    I thought it might be workable to allow players to craft these items with the same, less rare items. So for instance a 3* Alcohol could be crafted from a number of 0* or 1* Alcohols. The number could be outrageous to discourage abuse (like the faction store prices), but I thought it might be a nice option to have.

Possible 200 0* Alcohol to make a 3* Alcohol, or 50 1* Alcohol for the same.

Guess what - you already can use 160 0* Alcohol (or 90 1* Alcohol, or 160 0* Polyalloy) to make a 3* Alcohol.

Did you just invent the Replicator?
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Although I appreciate snide comments, as I use them rather often, I was thinking that it could be possible without using the replicator.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I appreciate snide comments, as I use them rather often, I was thinking that it could be possible without using the replicator.

I Agree, not everybody has multiple replicator uses, or can afford to if you need 4+ of say 3* Alcohol. I think they should improve drop rates on certain missions for these items as the best solution. I don't necessarily agree that all items can be crafted or a move towards that route is a good idea.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Although I appreciate snide comments, as I use them rather often, I was thinking that it could be possible without using the replicator.

Of course you did. I'm merely remarking that if you called this thread "Please Allow Component Conversion Without Use of the Replicator" you'd have already clearly said that.

Instead you basically did the "I'll Describe the Way the Replicator Works But If Anyone Notices That I Have Described The Replicator I'll Say That I Somehow Don't Want the Replicator" thread, which isn't going to impress DB.

Maybe, if you want to give DB some food for thought, you could try to explain why not the replicator.

But that's just my opinion, of course. If you're happy with "exactly like the replicator, but not the replicator", who am I to point out that DB will ignore you.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Although I appreciate snide comments, as I use them rather often, I was thinking that it could be possible without using the replicator.

Of course you did. I'm merely remarking that if you called this thread "Please Allow Component Conversion Without Use of the Replicator" you'd have already clearly said that.

Instead you basically did the "I'll Describe the Way the Replicator Works But If Anyone Notices That I Have Described The Replicator I'll Say That I Somehow Don't Want the Replicator" thread, which isn't going to impress DB.

Maybe, if you want to give DB some food for thought, you could try to explain why not the replicator.

But that's just my opinion, of course. If you're happy with "exactly like the replicator, but not the replicator", who am I to point out that DB will ignore you.

Maybe it is just the way that I am reading this but you are coming across like a total git.

Your suggested answer of use the replicator is not going to work as a solution where some items need multiples of a high level component (and some characters have multiple items which have such components). Even using the replicator you can be looking at days to level up a character.

Certain high level components in the game are made from building up the lower level version of the components (e.g. the medical tricorders). The suggestion seems to be that other high level components have the same option.

It will not happen but it is not recreating the replicator to suggest it
  • Hunter247 wrote: »
    Maybe it is just the way that I am reading this but you are coming across like a total git.

Being interested in someone's ideas and being the only one who asks them to say more is maybe the definition of "a git" in your dictionary.

Or maybe "person who points out the obvious" is. I don't know.

Calm yourself, dude, please. This sort of emotional outburst, although completely forgivable, isn't particularly constructive.
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Your suggested answer of use the replicator is not going to work as a solution where some items need multiples of a high level component -snip-

I find that "is not going to work" a little bit funny, actually. You did make me smile.

So for you the problem is the number of replicator uses per day, if I understand. That's all good. I'd still like to know what OP thinks the failing of the replicator is, however.

Which is, you know, why I tried twice to induce OP to talk more. But maybe being interested in OP's ideas is, to put it in your terms, the activity of a git ;-)

Being interested in someone's ideas and being the only one who asks them to say more is maybe the definition of "a git" in your dictionary.

Or maybe "person who points out the obvious" is. I don't know.

Calm yourself, dude, please. This sort of emotional outburst, although completely forgivable, isn't particularly constructive.

If you were trying for constructive encouragement you pretty much failed.

I also find it odd that you felt my post was an emotional outburst, and I am entirely calm on the matter.

I often struggle with detecting people's intentions so can misjudge situations but you are coming across as someone who misunderstood what is being asked and decided to try and be a tool about it

The original post was not describing the behaviour used in the replicator but more like the behaviour used for certain items where the rarer items are constructed from the more common versions of the same items.

Comparing the behaviour to the replicator is pretty much comparing apples and oranges.

Your suggested answer of use the replicator is not going to work as a solution where some items need multiples of a high level component -snip-

I find that "is not going to work" a little bit funny, actually. You did make me smile.

So for you the problem is the number of replicator uses per day, if I understand. That's all good. I'd still like to know what OP thinks the failing of the replicator is, however.

Which is, you know, why I tried twice to induce OP to talk more. But maybe being interested in OP's ideas is, to put it in your terms, the activity of a git ;-)[/quote]

If you are interested in someone's ideas and want to know more about them maybe shooting their idea in a sarcastic manner (twice) probably isn't the best approach.

If you are interested in someone's ideas and want to know more about them maybe shooting their idea in a sarcastic manner (twice) probably isn't the best approach.

Maybe, but there is no non-sarcastic way to remark that someone vaguely described a new feature and, in doing so, described something that is already in the game.

Do we have to spend more on you going as off-topic as you can, or can we go back to the topic and give DB some food for thought?

Literally the only thing to come out of this discussion, so far, is "Hunter would like to have more replicator uses per day". So far so good. Now I'd like to know more from OP.

Maybe, but there is no non-sarcastic way to remark that someone vaguely described a new feature and, in doing so, described something that is already in the game.

The funny thing is that you are correct that this mechanism is in the game but yet you are going on about a totally different mechanism and acting like you are some kind of genius for thinking it.
    Do we have to spend more on you going as off-topic as you can, or can we go back to the topic and give DB some food for thought?

In both my comments I have highlighted that what is being asked for already exists for some items. Which is the topic that is being discussed.
    Literally the only thing to come out of this discussion, so far, is "Hunter would like to have more replicator uses per day". So far so good. Now I'd like to know more from OP.

No that is the only thing you have seen in the discussion.

I have highlighted that what is being discussed already exists for some items so the mechanics for it already exist however I doubt they will apply it to all items

The funny thing is that you are correct that this mechanism is in the game but yet you are going on about a totally different mechanism and acting like you are some kind of genius for thinking it.

O_O

I can't even find the words. Fortunately I can quote you.
    I often struggle with detecting people's intentions so can misjudge situations

Yes. Yes you do.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, I’d just like to point out...

3* Alcohol has about the same chron/per item rate as 0* Science Experiments.

Actually, they have the same drop rate from the same mission, Operation Isolate.

So I actually sometimes find myself with a lot of 3* Alcohol but no 0* Science Experiments.

To be honest, and this is most likely an unpopular opinion here, I really don’t think 3* Alcohol is that bad... or 3* Emitter Crystals. 3* Polymers, a little worse, but doable with some adwarps.

Most of the items I think are really that bad are 4* items, and I understand that they’re supposed to be that way. They’re Super Rares for a reason.

Well, them, and the 0* items that take about as many chrons as a 3* or 4* item.

But... this SHOULD be difficult. If all of the components were easy to get, then leveling crew would be about trainers, and I wouldn’t see fifty posts or comments a week about using trainers in the replicator.