Home The Bridge
Options

Helping DB make offers better--- gathering suggestions

PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
This is more a brainstorm, that can eventually lead to a post in Make It So if some good ideas are garnered and received well.

I'll start with one.. Since we seem to get 2-3 offers a week, how about they be designated types of offers per day.

Monday - Pack Offers
Tuesday - Schem Offers
Wed - DIL offers.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like where you’re going with this. I don’t usually like suggestions, but I really like this one.

Only thing is... maybe not three consecutive days like that. Tuesday’s thing is the new packs, so I like the idea of dil offers on Wednesday, while many of us are still trying to decide “should I go for it?”

But then Thursday’s thing is new event, and I don’t think doing it over the weekend would be good, since available DB staff would be lower...

Maybe schems would be good on Fridays, since those of us with regular work weeks will be more likely to lower our inhibitions and common sense and make a terrible decision. ;P

That said, I do like the idea someone else came up with of a division of the Time Portal for offers, where we can pick which one we want.

Could limit some of the impulse buying, though, maybe?

I don’t know, but I want a 10 for 10. (:

Also, offers with legendary citations, I think there are several high-spenders who would be interested in that. Honor accrues pretty slowly.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The value for your money between the premium pack deals and the other deals is so inbalenced that I wouldn't ever consider buying a non-pack deal. If they were a better value, I might consider buying a dilithium offer, but as it is dilithium overload only gives a small fraction of the value of the Premium Pack deals.

I wish they would rework the regular price of dilithium and Premium packs instead of changing up the special offers, though. Once you've been playing for awhile, $10 for enough dilithium to buy one (or almost 2, depending on your VP level) Premium ten pulls is such a bad deal that it's not worth it to buy dill the regular way. The only times I consider spending money on this game are when I get the $10 or $25 Premium Pack offers. Sometimes MAYBE I'd consider spending on the event pack offers, but it would have to be a character that I really want. This seems less than ideal to me.
  • Options
    Include crew slots, that'd make any deals purchasing crew/packs much more valueable IMO.
  • Options
    The crew slots inclusion would open my wallet far more.

As it is I've had the same offer 3 times in a row now - 3 ships schematics that I maxed over a year ago. That's like no ones even trying.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when they were offering citations?

Yeah, that was actually tempting.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit I bit on the SR Citations. Why? I've got Guinan, Col Worf, Thot Gor, Lucien and the Clown. (Jannar continues to elude)
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    On mondays I would like to see several offers not just one randomly picked offer. Maybe add an "Not interested" button to the random pick. And after clicking that a new offer will appear. Legendary Citations offers could also be interesting if the price is right...
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mixing up and adding new pack yours would go a long way.

You got the standard premium 10x which is a mix of 3* , ships and a for sure 4* or 5*

Add on some lower tier packs like..

(Always Available)
    (A beefed up merits pack,)

100 / 125 Dilithium
    5 items.
    4 crew drops of 3* crew min
    Significant Elevated chance of 4* crew but no guarantee, chance of 5*
    1 slot that gives any random rewarding prizes
    From 50/100/150 chronitons, 100/150/200 merits 200/300/400 honor 15/30/50 Dilithium (rare 15, super rare 30, legendary 50)
    2x standard premium shuttle boost 10x

No schematics
    ---
    (Mixed in special - semi regular, standard premium content and special Tuesday packs)

800 Dilithium, Guaranteed 2x Super Rare or better crew drops pack (650 standard content otherwise)

(Mixed in special like above)
    900 Guaranteed Guaranteed 2x Super rare or better crew where at least one of which is a Behold.

(Very Frequent or regularly available on standard portal content)
    1000 Dilithium. Guaranteed Legendary crew drop (standard 650 content otherwise)
    ----

Couple the semi regular packs mentioned above with a Dilithium sale (like when you have a good crew slot sale).

• Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My suggestion would be to make every single offer available all the time. Add a new tab in the time portal for offers. If you want the 10 for $10 offer, buy it. If you want the $100 dilithium offer, buy it. Instead of just offering certain offers to certain people they would be always available to everyone. Choices are good

If you want to buy the same offer every single day, that’s great, do it. Need ships? Buy the ship offer. Need crew? Buy one of the many crew offers.
  • Options
    MirrorMartiganMirrorMartigan ✭✭✭✭
    I like the suggestion of choosing which offer you want. I haven't spent a dime since December, and am considering the Spring deal at the moment.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they Increase the offer times to 24hrs-72hrs as not everyone has a payday on a Monday. Some players have said they play with a week to week budget
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the suggestion of choosing which offer you want. I haven't spent a dime since December, and am considering the Spring deal at the moment.

Best chance of 5 Sareks....
  • Options
    [VA] NATE[VA] NATE ✭✭✭
    DB trying new things because the money is running dry. There are a few people that will buy any offer they put out there with new crew or new ships. DB, if you want people to spend again, gives us more crew slots and quit offering us packs with people we already have immortalized. Those of us with half a brain know it is not worth the 10% chance of getting the character in the pack we want.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The value for your money between the premium pack deals and the other deals is so inbalenced that I wouldn't ever consider buying a non-pack deal. If they were a better value, I might consider buying a dilithium offer, but as it is dilithium overload only gives a small fraction of the value of the Premium Pack deals.

I wish they would rework the regular price of dilithium and Premium packs instead of changing up the special offers, though. Once you've been playing for awhile, $10 for enough dilithium to buy one (or almost 2, depending on your VP level) Premium ten pulls is such a bad deal that it's not worth it to buy dill the regular way. The only times I consider spending money on this game are when I get the $10 or $25 Premium Pack offers. Sometimes MAYBE I'd consider spending on the event pack offers, but it would have to be a character that I really want. This seems less than ideal to me.

You are absolutely right on. Today I got dilithium overload. 11,000 something dilithium for $100. That comes to 16 premium pulls. Most weeks I get offered 30 pulls for $50. Way imbalanced. Anyhoo I think one good idea is Mondays offer be made behold style. Three pop up. Pick one. More people would buy with having three times more chance of something they want. I also dig the citation offer alot. I would not buy super rare but offer me legendary citations and I will buy them every time. One last thought, it’s kind of shady to drop, what is it, 5 super rates in Voyages and drop them only once, then offer deals like 5 super rare citations for $25. They totally set people up to buy those.
  • Options
    WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    They need to do something with the schematic offer. I cannot see anyone getting value from it as it stands now. Who doesn't have those ships maxed if they have been playing the game more than three months? Also, add some citations to the $25 pack that includes 15 X10 packs. If you have been playing the game for a while, you get to a point where more than half the packs produce nothing you can use for anything other than honor (characters) or replicator fuel (if it is schematics). It is why I will not buy that deal anymore. 10 for 10 I will still do. So, either add citations or drop the dil and lower the price to $14.99 on the $24.99 deal.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I like the idea, but they must do those offers to not pop-up. I enter in the game about 30-50 times per day. I cannot stay logged in all day. It became annoying.
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Taking into account the current KbJ and Sarak spring fling super sale..

No guaranteed legendary, 10x10 for 10 on old event packs. Do one every week or two, starting with the oldest and keep working your way forward. Make it repurchaseable 2x.

For that kinda deal, I would chance getting a bunch of duplicates
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ten pack for ten bucks deal should be purchasable once,twice a week for all
  • Options
    Giving everybody the same offer at the same time would be a great start. Instead of using RNG to decide who gets what. Cause RNG'ing everything is fun........
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Free Stuff on Holidays!!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!