Home The Bridge
Options

Packs... what are the odds?

edited March 2018 in The Bridge
Hoping for an official answer here and not speculation (@Shan). We need to have actual data so we can make informed decisions on purchases, and to comply with Apple’s terms of service.

Let’s say I want to buy Genesis Wave packs. I have one of the three characters fully fused. What are my odds of getting a duplicate? It seems way higher than 50%.

What are my odds of getting a legendary to drop? It seems way lower than 10%.

What are the odds of getting schematics supposed to be? Those feel like they drop 50-60% of the time.

Maybe it is really, really bad luck on my part, but I have bought a lot of these packs. It seems like the odds dictate that if there is a chance of me getting a fully-fused duplicate, I will get that duplicate way more often than any other possibility, like it was predetermined by the code.

I know I complain a lot about terrible honor values in packs. If we can’t get a QOL update for honor, can we at least get some kind of data on what the odds should be for pack drops?

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, schematic drops are much lower than 50-60% on average.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB refuses to disclose mechanics or odds. Period. Please prove me wrong. This is very odd behavior for a CCG.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink Bebe wrote: »
    Hopefully I'm wrong, but I've got a suspicion that the day Apple actually enforces their requirement to disclose odds, many games will close shop.

Then years from now it will all come out how bad it was, like steroids in baseball.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    So far, games with loot boxes are not considered online gambling because they force the use of a secondary 'currency' to purchase loot boxes. If we could buy loot boxes directly with real money, they'd legaly be considered online gambling and subject to the stricter laws that apply.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far, games with loot boxes are not considered online gambling because they force the use of a secondary 'currency' to purchase loot boxes. If we could buy loot boxes directly with real money, they'd legaly be considered online gambling and subject to the stricter laws that apply.

You might want to read this thread:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2953/when-is-db-going-to-comply-with-apples-requirement-to-reveal-odds-on-loot-boxes/p1

🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    Due to these characters immortalized from the proposed offers, it's very hard to buy, which will impact on DB sales. So it would be better to think of those citations as a secondary option.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm probably not the best person to ask but the widely expressed opinion is that it is 10% chance for a Gold and 90% for the SR card.

(Of course DB tracks purchase history so in theory they could alter the odds to 'milk' high spenders; if they do this only DB knows but if the odds are dynamic it would explain why they cant release the odds info because they are not fixed.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Good luck with that request.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 1 Klingon Bride and 4 Sareks from 5 packs........strange result...well, not really
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Got 1 Klingon Bride and 4 Sareks from 5 packs........strange result...well, not really

And this is why I won't buy packs that I have a SR Immortal already. Its always the one I pull.
    Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    In a pack with one super rare and two legendary cards you are going to get the super rare most of the time.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The assumption is 10% Legendary, 90% SR. Then split those numbers by the number of crew in each class. So with 2 Legendary and 2 SR it's 5% for each Legendary and 45% for each SR.
  • Options
    I've been around almost since the beginning and I've seen this question raised many times. I've never seen an official answer to it.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my own data which is a little too small a sample for 5* and mostly came from standard premium packs, I have 5% chance of Legendary and 110% chance of 4*(average over a 4* per pack). 10% is still possible, but it also could be in the 5-10% range. The biggest mistake people make is they see 4 featured crew and assume it's an equal chance of each, it isn't. Legendaries are much lower odds than 4*.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I'm probably not the best person to ask but the widely expressed opinion is that it is 10% chance for a Gold and 90% for the SR card.

(Of course DB tracks purchase history so in theory they could alter the odds to 'milk' high spenders; if they do this only DB knows but if the odds are dynamic it would explain why they cant release the odds info because they are not fixed.

I am pretty sure thats what they do. On my 3rd alt i barely spend any money ot finish high enough to get event legendaries.

Almost every 10x pull i get a legendary. I don t do such pulls often, so i am oretty sure thats a factor as well, but even more, they wanna lure non or low spenders into more spending. Best way to do it to have increased chances of legendaries....
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I think when there is pack with 1 super rare and 2 legendary, the odds of getting the super rare is 90%, the odds of getting legendary A is 8% and the odds of getting legendary B is 2%. Legendary A is one you dont yet have, and legendary B is the one you actually already have and want to add stars too.
  • Options

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2953/when-is-db-going-to-comply-with-apples-requirement-to-reveal-odds-on-loot-boxes/p1

🖖🏻

I've read that post and it didn't bring any new info to the table.
    [DCC] bebe
  • Options
    Jim Steele wrote: »

If the odds are dynamic, it's not only just 1 more reason for DB to not reveal the odds but also 1 more reason for them to close the game if they are ever forced to reveal them. It'd be better for them financially to do that than face any possible fines or court costs.
    [DCC] bebe
  • Options
    Someone opened hundreds of 10x event packs and wrote the results in an old forum post. I think he average 1 legendary character every 8 packs.
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've tracked my portal pulls over the last 2 years.

10% for a Gold.

Sample size: ~6,400 packs
  • Options
    I've tracked my portal pulls over the last 2 years.

10% for a Gold.

Sample size: ~6,400 packs

*Hiccup* thats a lot of packs!!!!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

🖖🏻

... or someone else might not. I apologize if I wasted your time.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

🖖🏻

... or someone else might not. I apologize if I wasted your time.

You didn't, i read it before you even refered to it.
    [DCC] bebe