Home Strange New Worlds

Discovery Deleted Scene Setting up Season 2

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Strange New Worlds
In case anyone hasn't seen the deleted scene that got released recently... It's pretty huge for what's to come in Season 2... Link here: https://tinyurl.com/y9r6qbkk

Comments

• Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    A neat turn!
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moved this to the proper category :)
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol thanks @Shan . I did suspect that it might need to be here, but people also don't see things here :(
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that was pretty interesting. I also read an article stating that the producers said season two will explain how DSC fits into the prime timeline, so at least they're aware of the (seeming) inconsistencies that many viewers have brought up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t understand why so crucial a scene would be deleted
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why so crucial a scene would be deleted

I wondered that, too. Only thing that makes sense to me is that because of the extended period of time until the next season begins, they might have wanted to have a "tidier" ending to the season than something which basically was the beginning of an entire new storyline.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Interesting attempt at integration. Wonder if we'll get back to Q'o'nos, lol.
  • Maybe it was deleted as, not only has this show killed one of the 'so progressive' gay partners of a couple, imprisoned the 'so progressive to have' black-lady-lead character in the pilot, but now has depicted the asian-lady-lead actress as a mama-san in a brothel??? WTF?! This is a Star Trek series?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it was deleted as, not only has this show killed one of the 'so progressive' gay partners of a couple, imprisoned the 'so progressive to have' black-lady-lead character in the pilot, but now has depicted the asian-lady-lead actress as a mama-san in a brothel??? WTF?! This is a Star Trek series?

My answer to that question is “sort of, but not really.”

• edited April 2018
    I’d definitely love some more Georgiou action
    Maybe it was deleted as, not only has this show killed one of the 'so progressive' gay partners of a couple, imprisoned the 'so progressive to have' black-lady-lead character in the pilot, but now has depicted the asian-lady-lead actress as a mama-san in a brothel??? WTF?! This is a Star Trek series?

Here is the thread for people wanting to hate on Discovery:
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/2917/to-all-you-discovery-haters-out-there#latest
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!