Home The Bridge
Options

Fastest Arena Loss Ever

jqi3ch11eykl.png

I think it lasted about 4 seconds. Before I could initiate my cloak, he fired Nechayev and took me from 100% hull/80% shields, to dead.

Never been this blown away, so quickly ;)

Comments

• Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I've been at the #1 spot a couple of times, so it's not like I should be hugely outgunned, but some of my Arena defeats seem to come out of nowhere, and leave me saying, "What the chocolate cronut just happened??"

Indeed, 2 people with the exact same lineup with the exact same ship...one defeats me and the other gets defeated...its all in the crit hits i tell ya
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, those crits hurt. I started using Mirror Dax for her evasion + critical chance. When I "alpha strike" and crit, other ship pretty much vanishes.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    NivenFres wrote: »
    Yeah, those crits hurt. I started using Mirror Dax for her evasion + critical chance. When I "alpha strike" and crit, other ship pretty much vanishes.

My lineup is ff klaa which boosts attack to 11 once triggered with cloaking, then engaging ff muskateer laforge to boost my accuracy, then deal 600% damage with ff suus mahana sarek and ff mirror phlox. End result, 600% damage dealt with 21 attack and 19 accuracy...takes out the enemy in usually under 40 seconds.
  • Options

My lineup is ff klaa which boosts attack to 11 once triggered with cloaking, then engaging ff muskateer laforge to boost my accuracy, then deal 600% damage with ff suus mahana sarek and ff mirror phlox. End result, 600% damage dealt with 21 attack and 19 accuracy...takes out the enemy in usually under 40 seconds.

Wow, 40 seconds is almost an eternity. Most of my battles are won (or lost) in 25 seconds or less.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Pink Bebe wrote: »

Wow, 40 seconds is almost an eternity. Most of my battles are won (or lost) in 25 seconds or less.

On my alt accounts, it's not unheard of for the battles to take so long that by the time they're done, the timer has already counted down and I can begin the next battle immediately. I think my longest was arond around 4 minutes. Talk about an eternity. :#

Edit: Typos that you don't notice until a day later = 🙄. Typos that you can't do anything about because they are in quotes of your post by other people in the thread = 😧.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Well i rarely lose, plus i didnt spend money when good ship attackers were around. Plus i normally can win in 20 to seconds too, but my average is around 25 seconds and my longest was 40 seconds
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always felt a FFFE Locutus with the right crew on the Borg scout ship could blow people out before any chance of cloaking. That was what blew me away in a few seconds. Though I forgot what the rest of the crew was.

When I see a Borg scout ship with Locutus if I think the rest of the crew can knock me out quickly, I avoid them.

• Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I always felt a FFFE Locutus with the right crew on the Borg scout ship could blow people out before any chance of cloaking. That was what blew me away in a few seconds. Though I forgot what the rest of the crew was.

When I see a Borg scout ship with Locutus if I think the rest of the crew can knock me out quickly, I avoid them.

I have defeated many a ship with an ff/fe locutus on a borg cube and some other really good crew
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locutus is tough but if you have a cloak or shield regen, it’s not be end of the world.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ooh Nechayev, i have her FE... looks like I'll be changing my ship, what else did they have
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

On my alt accounts, it's not unheard of for the battles to take so long that by the time they're done, the timer has already counted down and I can begin the next battle immediately. I think my longest was arond 4 minutes. Talk about an eternity. :#

On the other hand, those are the battles that are actually fun and worth playing over the usual waste of time to clear the daily target.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    ooh Nechayev, i have her FE... looks like I'll be changing my ship, what else did they have

Nechayev not so hot unless you also have her fully fused. That ups her attack stat.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

On my alt accounts, it's not unheard of for the battles to take so long that by the time they're done, the timer has already counted down and I can begin the next battle immediately. I think my longest was arond 4 minutes. Talk about an eternity. :#

On the other hand, those are the battles that are actually fun and worth playing over the usual waste of time to clear the daily target.

Pretty much. It's funny that everyone hates on the Arena, while it's pretty much the aspect of the game that relies the least on RNG.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    [It's funny that everyone hates on the Arena, while it's pretty much the aspect of the game that relies the least on RNG.

Rewards trump all.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »

Pretty much. It's funny that everyone hates on the Arena, while it's pretty much the aspect of the game that relies the least on RNG.

The problem is the rewards are useless. Sure there is less RNG here, but as a reward for playing well I get schematics for a ship I have FF with no need for the extra replicator fuel. A month with a new ship is slightly better, but even then I likely won't get the ship to level 10 so it's no use in Voyages.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

I have defeated many a ship with an ff/fe locutus on a borg cube and some other really good crew
    I have too. But I just tried configuring a Borg Cube. All I am missing is a FFFE Locutus and I think it pretty much will knock out opposing ships in 6 seconds.
  • Options
    Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I used to do that in Admirals all the time. I even screenshot my win against iData from KM (my friend) with no damage to my ship. :):):):)

Trista
  • Options

I have too. But I just tried configuring a Borg Cube. All I am missing is a FFFE Locutus and I think it pretty much will knock out opposing ships in 6 seconds.

Ah...hide!!
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭

One of my battles lasted so long, it literally timed out. We'd both expended our limited use attack characters somehow without killing each other, so were down to ship weapons, the damage from which the shield/evasion character was able to replenish fine. After about five minutes of us swooping around and pinging each other's shields with the force of an arthritic ant, the fight ended and the stats screen came up saying I'd lost. Never happened before or since.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Just a reminder to all those posting that say they have had battles go over 4 to even 5 minutes...Battles only last for 180 seconds which equals 3 minutes.
    gh5242vuqgm2.png