Home The Bridge

Just an FYI

I'm not sure if it has been posted before but when crafting an item where it shows you can not "(quick)build" it be sure to go down the tree to look because I have now found many times that I CAN build the item with everything available yet somehow the top of the tree has no clue. So be sure to check before you start replicating it...
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Comments

• Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've found that several times myself. So odd. It's like the code can't compute the numbers properly.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Can confirm.

It never happens with the really hard to find items though. I hate *** casing with all my being.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Prime Directives are my nemesis. Can't even get em to drop on 24 chron missions. I have also noticed that a few times I have all the components to do a build yet the yellow wrench isn't there. Now I always check before I replicate something.
  • Yeah I've had that. It's weird
  • I think the Program gets confused when the same thing is in need in several Trees of the Production.
    Sometimes it is even true. You see that you can build everything, but after you build one thing of it you find out that you are no longer able to build the other.
    Live long and prosper.
    Not a Native English speaker - be lenient toward me
  • I received a private msgs from another player pretty much telling me that I should not point out bugs because DB will fix it. First off I believe this person misunderstood the bug since this bug has no benefit and a fix would make life easier but I also really disagree with the idea that we should only mention bugs that are to our detriment and ask for a immediate fix and not mention bugs that give us an advantage... a bug is a bug and should be mentioned.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey I didn't get a private message and I talked about a minor glitch, maybe it was one the messenger felt was relevant enough to be fixed man, I feel left out. I want to be bullied by a big time loser on a Star Trek video game forum too.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    I think that the bug is where you build an item from two identical items, it only decrements by one of the build items. So the message that you can't build it is correct.
  • SMM wrote: »
    I think that the bug is where you build an item from two identical items, it only decrements by one of the build items. So the message that you can't build it is correct.

Not in my case. I specifically counted how many items I would need, then got them, then went to the top level of the item and tried to Quick Build it: no dice. But when I built each individual component, then it worked fine. So I guess it's the inverse of what you said.
  • SMM wrote: »

As my msgs said.... It shows that you can NOT build an item but when going down the building tree you can in fact build it with all available items.