Home Make It So!
Options

Would being granted a matching citation for "immortalizing" a duplicate crew be worth it ?

DittoDitto ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in Make It So!
So I was thinking, those citations are good and handy, but expensive. And yes, airlocking duplicate crew doesn't really give that much honor. Would it be worth it (either through cost, time, effort, whatever) .. if we earned a matching citation for a duplicate immortalized crew.

So here's an example of what I mean. Let's work on a 4* Icheb .. just "because" :)

So the first time we get Icheb, we have a 1/4* Icheb .. and nothing in cryo vault. So we level him up, and eventually get him to level 100, and FE. Eventually, we also find more of him, and fuse them .. and *finally* immortalize him for the first time .. at 4/4 ... at this point, no additional reward ... just we have a FF, FE Icheb. At this point, whether or not you freeze him or not is irrelevent.

Now, we find another one ... so we begin again with levelling up a 1/4* Icheb. Eventually, we get him to level 100 .. and find more duplicates of him, and "immortalize" him again at 4/4 ... at this point, I understand he doesn't count towards cryo-collections .. however ... what if we were now granted a single 4* citation ? Or perhaps we have to airlock the duplicate, and at that point, instead of gaining the normal honor (800? I think?) we would actually get a full blown 4* citation.

Is this worth it? is it "too good" ?

[edit] just thinking about it more .. it could also help alleviate people's "pain" on getting a behold of all FF crew ... you could just work on FF the dupe, and try to get a citation to use for where you need it ... it could provide a way of making sure nothing is "totally useless" .. :) [/edit]

Would being granted a matching citation for "immortalizing" a duplicate crew be worth it ? 17 votes

Great idea!
17%
(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Gib - Admiral MarinersGul Dultrus 3 votes
Nice idea, but needs some adjustments ... (post details of suggestions)
23%
nomadishFutureImperfectaSL128Major Zushie 4 votes
Bad idea.
35%
XoiikuJim Steeleguest_796746481635328SoupKitchen RikerNeack<TGE> Clifford 6 votes
Meh, doesn't matter to me.
17%
[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Capt. Pete Owen 3 votes
Other (post details)
5%
DimeDrl 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting thought. One side effect though, is it will lead to farming the easier to equip crew for citations. I don't think that kind of thing is desirable.
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    It is too big a reward, DB have said they wanted honour (and therefore citations) to be gained slowly.

Another idea would be to gain honour for immortalising crew, this would be awarded for the first time and successive times. Immortalising crew is far more honourable than throwing them out the airlock.

Award this honour at the same rate, or possibly double the rate that honour is awarded for airlocking. e.g. 25 or 50 honour for a 1*. 300 or 600 for a rare (3 copies of a 1/3 rare at 100 honour for airlocking). 800 or 1600 for a super-rare.

At double the rate, it might lead to some farming, but I doubt it would be massive.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea.
    I don't think leveling duplicates is a long term strategy to alleviate the duplicate behold problem.
    This could easily be fixed with a buff to dismissal rates for purple and gold crew, or the option of a citation when FF behold pops up

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    I don't think leveling duplicates is a long term strategy to alleviate the duplicate behold problem.
    This could easily be fixed with a buff to dismissal rates for purple and gold crew, or the option of a citation when FF behold pops up

Jim

Well, I didn't list the behold issue as the main reason for this idea, either .. just an afterthought that it "might" help that issue as well .... ;)
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea, but needs some adjustments ... (post details of suggestions)
    While I can see the point that this would raise the"honor" given out, it's a very selective increase. It's not space 4 super rares for a citation.. it's build/ Immortalize a duplicate 4* and for the general masses that's not an everyday thing.

I can see value and incentive for this plan.

Take the current KbJ / Sarak pack for instance.
    I'm not buying it because I'd very likely pull 5 sarak cards. I'm on a limited budget, I can't waste $33 cnd. For 1 card, no matter who it is.

$33 for a legendary with the assurance that if I do pull more then 3 Sarak cards I could eventually get a citation (he's not an easy build either btw) would still be expensive on my limited budget but much much more palatable and reasonable.

Perhaps if it were a one time reward for each individual character.

Can only do this one with Sarak, only do this once with Galen ect, to prevent over farming of a character.
    (But, that could be a lot of code to write)
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Perhaps if it were a one time reward for each individual character.

Can only do this one with Sarak, only do this once with Galen ect, to prevent over farming of a character.
    (But, that could be a lot of code to write)

That's a good idea as well ... hmm ... 1 time rewards are not hard .. just need to structure them like a cryo-collection .. :) It might mean you'd see a stupid amount of (alternate?) cryo-collections with 1-offs ... or perhaps a cryo-collection of: "Sareks" ... with incremental rewards for "duping" 1, 3 .. 5 .. etc.
    Spock is another one with many ... and the top reward might be a citatation .. 4* or 5* depending on the crew and they frequency ? :)

• Options
    DimeDrlDimeDrl ✭✭✭
    Other (post details)
    I think the reward is off. A single four star citation is 18000 honor and a single five star is 50000 honor. More than likely this would just feed into people having a metric ****ton of 3* citations because more often than not, players can end up drowning in 3 star characters. I like the idea of getting an additional bonus for each immortalized duplicate, but that award should be more useful.

Maybe double honor or regular honor + matching number of merits.

So in your example, if you get a second 4-star Icheb to FF/FE and dismiss him, he's worth either 1600 honor or 800 honor + 800 Merits instead of just the base 800 honor because (in story) you released him from service on your ship so he can serve on another ship at max value rather than freezing him again.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    DimeDrl wrote: »
    More than likely this would just feed into people having a metric ****ton of 3* citations

only by choice .,.., when's the last time you FF/FE a 2nd 3* crew ? I haven't .. there' no reason to.
    This is just an idea to create a reason to .. ;) If you don't need the 3* citations, you wouldn't FF/FE a duplicate 3* crew. *shrug*
    I don't see that being an issue :)
    I like the idea of getting an additional bonus for each immortalized duplicate, but that award should be more useful.

Agreed, but granting anything more than a 3* citation for a dup 3* crew isn't right .. :P
    Primarily, it'd be helpful to FF hard to get crew by investing time/resources into ones you did acquire.

Arguably not the best option . but that's why the discusion :)
    Maybe double honor or regular honor + matching number of merits.

That's a thought as well ... :)

• Options
    Great idea!
    I'm still new to the game reletively, and have not received many duplicates, except for 1* 2* and a few 3*. I would put my two-bits worth in, and say for crew already immortalized, if you get the crew, either an equivelant citation, or an honor reward greater than the standard dismissal of such rarity 1/x*. I feel like if they would do anything, it would be making a filter- you wouldn't recieve duplicate crew copies. There are better ways than that, though.
    And if anyone knows- if you have a ship maxed, canyou still recieve schematics for it, And if you do, what becomes of them?
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad idea.
    I'm still new to the game reletively, and have not received many duplicates, except for 1* 2* and a few 3*. I would put my two-bits worth in, and say for crew already immortalized, if you get the crew, either an equivelant citation, or an honor reward greater than the standard dismissal of such rarity 1/x*. I feel like if they would do anything, it would be making a filter- you wouldn't recieve duplicate crew copies. There are better ways than that, though.
    And if anyone knows- if you have a ship maxed, canyou still recieve schematics for it, And if you do, what becomes of them?

We use them as replicator fuel, mostly. (: