Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage Bug?

The past 3 or 4 Voyages, every dilemma has given me 30’s. All of my Voyages go past 8 hours but I have not seen 60 or 100 in the last 3 or 4. Cant be this bad of luck can it?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The randomness axe swings pretty wide on Voyages, it seems.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I don't hit 8h every time, but frequently get all "first tier" dilemmas on 6h and 8h voyages. It is just the luck of the draw.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are both correct. Just got a 100. Never had a streak that bad before
  • Options
    Hello,
    This is Veeb (I'm not able to change from Guest),

I have a question in reference to voyages and the antimatter. If this is not appropriate please let me know.

How long should the antimatter last after it has been replenished (2825)?

Thanks for the help information.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re a the point where all of your hazards fail, I always play it safe by doing the math as one minute per 30 antimatter. By that, it is safe to say it will last at least another 95 minutes.
  • Options
    Veeb Here,

But what should be happening if you replenish the antimatter?

So if everything is failing, you have and hour and a half and then you have to replenish again. Should it not last at least another 4 to 6 hours? By my calculations the cost for a 10 hour voyage, would be approx. 132 dilithium. I'm sure I have seen replenishment costing more than 66 dilithium.

Thanks
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veeb Here,

So if everything is failing, you have and hour and a half and then you have to replenish again. Should it not last at least another 4 to 6 hours? By my calculations the cost for a 10 hour voyage, would be approx. 132 dilithium. I'm sure I have seen replenishment costing more than 66 dilithium.

Thanks

It depends on you crew skill. Hazards get progressively harder to pass. At the 2 hour mark, you need a skill around 2500 to pass a hazard. At 4, it is 5000. 6 is 7500. 8 is 10k. Etc.

When you reset your AM, you don't also get a reset in hazard difficulty. So, depending on your crew, you might get 3 hours or closer to 2. 30 per minute is a very conservative estimate for "full burn". The actual rate is closer to 22 AM per minute.
  • Options
    Thank you both for the information, it has helped. Since they released the voyages with little information on how they are to work it has been trying. Since I usually pull all 100's for the voyages the skills are somewhere between 2k and 6k.
    So until I can pull more crew with higher numbers I will be stuck running 4 to 6 hour voyages. Again thanks for the information. Have a great Easter.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the information, it has helped. Since they released the voyages with little information on how they are to work it has been trying. Since I usually pull all 100's for the voyages the skills are somewhere between 2k and 6k.
    So until I can pull more crew with higher numbers I will be stuck running 4 to 6 hour voyages. Again thanks for the information. Have a great Easter.

And you have a great Easter as well!

One thing I have to add- you may want to check out this site for a (quite reliable) voyage time estimator. (:

https://codepen.io/somnivore/full/Nabyzw

It was created by @Chewable C++.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veeb Here,

Thanks

It depends on you crew skill. Hazards get progressively harder to pass. At the 2 hour mark, you need a skill around 2500 to pass a hazard. At 4, it is 5000. 6 is 7500. 8 is 10k. Etc.

When you reset your AM, you don't also get a reset in hazard difficulty. So, depending on your crew, you might get 3 hours or closer to 2. 30 per minute is a very conservative estimate for "full burn". The actual rate is closer to 22 AM per minute.

I knew it was 21 or 22 but I go by 30 so I know when I check in again my ship won’t be on fire
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    (nods at banjo) I Calculate 30 also. I'd rather check in and recalculate then abandon or refill.

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    2825 AM last for about 2 hours and 10 minutes if all hazards fail.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    (nods at banjo) I Calculate 30 also. I'd rather check in and recalculate then abandon or refill.

Much easier to do the math in your head too