Home The Bridge
Options

Where do new crew suggestion polls belong

PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in The Bridge

Where do new crew suggestion polls belong 31 votes

The Bridge (here)
54%
Captain DurfFor Cardassia[DB:Do Better] More Tranya!eXo | das411[TUFG] Siguard William T. RikerNad HalHungry Dog DDMLarxeneCFOHSilverknightcmdrworf[STFL] TheHell2Earth[FF] Vice Admiral NairneTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Pepex82<TGE> CliffordTrepanator 17 votes
Make It So
25%
[7TW] UnkieBKTz[BL] Q al103Capt. Pete OwenZetterbeard Dirk GundersonNavarch 8 votes
Strange New Worlds
3%
Thurthorad 1 vote
Engineering
0%
I don't like new crew polls, please stop them.
16%
[RotP]Ran AirenCaptain_WhoCommodore DeckerAutomaton_2000JoeSage2 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like new crew polls, please stop them.
    I take it back. I just woke up and I'm grumpy. Put em wherever if DB reads them.
  • Options
    The obvious choice (not listed in your poll) based on the forum description - "New to the game? Say hi and ask for advice from your fellow Captains for anything ranging from who to recruit to what the best strategy is. ", would be the Ready Room.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The obvious choice (not listed in your poll) based on the forum description - "New to the game? Say hi and ask for advice from your fellow Captains for anything ranging from who to recruit to what the best strategy is. ", would be the Ready Room.

I apologize for the confusion, this would be for new crew to be added to the game, not crew in the game to be added to someone's crew. I hope that makes the idea of the Ready Room less obvious.

• Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are going to be spamming poles, then "Make It So."
    If it is the odd poll, one a week, then here.

If it is non-cannon crew, then "Strange New Worlds.", or wherever DB decides to move the polls to.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The Bridge (here)
    The Bridge is for "General discussions about STAR TREK TIMELINES", which would obviously include discussions about which crew should be introduced to the game next.

The problem is when you have a single poster spamming the boards with eight polls at a time, which I think we can all agree is objectionable and a pain in the backside, but when you have one ill-mannered poster the solution isn't to ban a topic of conversation, it's to deal with the guy who lacks manners.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Bridge (here)
    If you’re talking about the weekly ones, yes, I like them here.

If you’re talking about someone creating more than 3, then perhaps they belong elsewhere.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll preface my response by saying that if you're dressing up an in game discussion into a creative narrative, that's great. But don't be too surprised if a forum moderator mistakes your intent. They have a lot more threads to keep track of than you do. In such a case, a PM explaining the intention is probably better than airing it out in public.

And now that I think of it, that's a good enough response.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    The Bridge (here)
    Dralix wrote: »
    I'll preface my response by saying that if you're dressing up an in game discussion into a creative narrative, that's great. But don't be too surprised if a forum moderator mistakes your intent. They have a lot more threads to keep track of than you do. In such a case, a PM explaining the intention is probably better than airing it out in public.

I had been running a weekly new characters poll for two years. Moreover, if the narrative places it inside the Timelines game, that's *more* obviously an STT discussion than a discussion about Trek generally.

There are plenty of arguments you can make in favour of a thread move - these polls are annoying, are other polls like these but more frequent are annoying, we don't want to have new character discussions in the Bridge area at all, etc. - but "mistake" is not one of them.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of arguments you can make in favour of a thread move - these polls are annoying, are other polls like these but more frequent are annoying, we don't want to have new character discussions in the Bridge area at all, etc. - but "mistake" is not one of them.

The only argument I'm making is that you can take it up with Shan directly.
  • Options
    The Bridge (here)
    Dralix wrote: »

The only argument I'm making is that you can take it up with Shan directly.

I didn't put a poll here, or ask someone else to do it. I replied to Shan's comment in the thread when she gave the poll the toss. She obviously disagrees with my reasoning, as is her right.
This discussion has been closed.