Home Make It So!
Options

Gauntlet Fix

Everyone is complaining about winning at Gauntlet, myself included. This is my pitch to fix it.

Only the attacking player gets the additional critical bonus (+20% +40%, +60%), defending characters retain their 5% bonus.
  • This serves to give players a better chance of winning, feeling better about gauntlet, and playing it more
  • It promotes players who are actively playing, and allows more winning plays rather than 50/50 gambles
  • Hitting a wall of top tier characters (Mirror Phlox, Locutus, etc) will not stop those who have similar characters, or even weaker characters with a bonus
  • Player will no longer have quite as many crazy upsets when a much weaker character wins with a string of criticals.
This would necessitate another change
  • Gauntlet wins only gain the attacking player victory points, and cause no losses for the loser
Otherwise giving the benefit to the active player would be too much.

Comments

• Options
    I am against this in so many ways I am not going to write a wot to describe it. Simply said, No!

It would be much better if DB would change its matching system to prevent seven, locuti, etc. Walls and/or X2 the amount of opponents to choose from.

But they like it this way it makes them money, so.....
  • Options
    I am not complaining about winning at Gauntlet.