Home Make It So!

Spicing up Faction Missions

edited March 2018 in Make It So!
Just a thought. When a faction mission is started, have each slot in the mission be assigned a random trait (one typically associated with the pertinent skill. e.g. For a slot requiring Security, the skill could be Brutal or Marksman). Equipping a crew member with this trait will provide a bonus to the shuttle's success percentage. This would add a bit of skill and thought in to launching shuttles, especially with faction events.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally dig this idea
  • I really like this idea
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Good call.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like this is something we've long awaited for and yet never get any ground on.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
    I feel like this is something we've long awaited for and yet never get any ground on.

I do remember someone on the old forum saying hey, if I put a Romulan on a shuttle for a Romulan mission there should be a bonus

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I do remember someone on the old forum saying hey, if I put a Romulan on a shuttle for a Romulan mission there should be a bonus

That's what I remember too. For example one of my Augments shuttles right now says "the youngest Augments learn quickly, but they need teachers. Several Starfleet scientists might be persuaded to join them, for the right price." And that whole shuttle, only 1 of 3 crew is Starfleet, one of the others is the Borg Queen lol.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

I'm not suggesting having the bonuses be race related. (Unless a race trait is randomly assigned...). That would be ridiculous and impractical.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I'm not suggesting having the bonuses be race related. (Unless a race trait is randomly assigned...). That would be ridiculous and impractical.

Um. Yeah. Ridiculous.