Home Make It So!

Trade in single pulls for 10x pull

I think it would be great to have a feature where I can trade in say 15 single pulls for a single 10-pull. Applies for both premium pulls and basic pulls.

Comments

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they should just make it an automatic function. You hit 15 singles, it switches to a 10x. or some such. Same with boosts would be nice.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, they should just make it an automatic function. You hit 15 singles, it switches to a 10x. or some such. Same with boosts would be nice.

I'm all for trade-in, but not automatic. I often use my free 1 grabs for meeting my "purchase 3 portal packs" daily requirement. If they got auto-collated into one, then I'd have to start dipping into my credits to get anything from the portal.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Actually, they should just make it an automatic function. You hit 15 singles, it switches to a 10x. or some such. Same with boosts would be nice.

I'm all for trade-in, but not automatic. I often use my free 1 grabs for meeting my "purchase 3 portal packs" daily requirement. If they got auto-collated into one, then I'd have to start dipping into my credits to get anything from the portal.

I agree. I wouldn’t want it to be automatic. Also, I don’t think I’d want the system wasting and cheating me out of pulls, even regular ones, by changing 15 into 10. It would make more sense to me to be a simple 1 to 1 system, changing 10 singles into 1 ten-pull, if you desired to do so. Plain, simple, and without any kind of punitive charges.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I don’t think I’d want the system wasting and cheating me out of pulls, even regular ones, by changing 15 into 10. It would make more sense to me to be a simple 1 to 1 system, changing 10 singles into 1 ten-pull, if you desired to do so. Plain, simple, and without any kind of punitive charges.

That would actually be an upgrade, since a 10x pull has a guarantee that 10 singles doesn't. A more likely scenario would be an "open 10" option on the singles.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Also, I don’t think I’d want the system wasting and cheating me out of pulls, even regular ones, by changing 15 into 10. It would make more sense to me to be a simple 1 to 1 system, changing 10 singles into 1 ten-pull, if you desired to do so. Plain, simple, and without any kind of punitive charges.

That would actually be an upgrade, since a 10x pull has a guarantee that 10 singles doesn't. A more likely scenario would be an "open 10" option on the singles.

That's true but the cost in credits or dilitihium equalize them at 10 for 10. For instance you would be trading in 720 worth of dilithium to get 650 worth of dilithium value on the premium portal.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    But we're not talking about anything purchased, so that's irrelevant. These are freely awarded pulls, from gauntlet, events, whatever. The only value they have is what they can be redeemed for, and 10 singles have less value than 1 10x.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    But we're not talking about anything purchased, so that's irrelevant. These are freely awarded pulls, from gauntlet, events, whatever. The only value they have is what they can be redeemed for, and 10 singles have less value than 1 10x.

Not according to the creator of the game themselves. They value 10 single pulls at a higher value than a 10x pull. How they are acquired is the irrelevant piece.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    arjuna wrote: »
    Not according to the creator of the game themselves. They value 10 single pulls at a higher value than a 10x pull. How they are acquired is the irrelevant piece.

They price them higher. Their value to you is less because they don't give the guarantee.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭

They price them higher. Their value to you is less because they don't give the guarantee.

Yes,I'm not saying its the better deal but DB sets the price and 720>650 same goes for credits on non premium pulls as well. Value is greater on the 10x pack but price is greater on 10 single pulls therefore the argument can be made they become equivalent when traded in . Why should I have to pay extra a second time for something that would cost me less if purchased with strait currency or dilithium? The cost of the exchange is already built into the cost difference of 70 dilithium.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Why should I have to pay extra a second time for something that would cost me less if purchased with strait currency or dilithium?

You'd be paying a first time, not a second time, but the answer is that DB has no reason offer you a trade of 10 singles for 1 10x when the latter has a guarantee and the former doesn't.

As a simple illustration, just ask why you want the trade in the first place. If it's to get the guarantee, that's essentially asking for something for free - a guaranteed 4*+ from your 10 single premium pulls which you don't already have. If it's a QoL update when opening dozens of them, then an open 10 option gives that.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    You also have the chance of multiple 4 or 5 stars from single pulls too so in theory you could get more value from 10 single pulls than a single 10x. You are already paying a premium for 10 single pulls and getting a discount when you buy in bulk . If I buy 10 single apples at a store and at the same store a bag of apples that contains 10 apples is less and it comes with a guaranteed orange as well will the store charge me an additional fee when I ask for the 10 single apples to be put in a bag ?
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a terrible analogy.
  • arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • 1x10 is definitely more value than 10 singles. It could potentially be a replicator function, except you can only use pulls as fuel.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, I'd even be all for the option of trading 11 singles for one 10X to account for the gauraneed SR.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP Suggested 15 singles for 1 10 pack.
    That's acknowledging the higher value of the 10 pack due to guarantees. Maybe 15 is to high, maybe it's too low, but I think the option at some point would be helpful and a valid step forward.
  • i agree with this but i think 10 singles for 10x would be the correct way to go