Home The Bridge

If you were a STT crew character, what would your skills and traits be?

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says, if you were a STT character, what skills (max 3) would your skills be? And, what would your traits be (let's say max 12 here since Laborer Spock has the most traits I think).

For race, you can choose anything of the races in the STT universe, otherwise everyone here would simply be human. For skills, order them primary, secondary (if you choose one), tertiary (again, if you choose one). Are you Starfleet? Dominion? Terran Empire? Mirror Universe, Maquis, an Augment? Have fun, go wild, be imaginative, but also overlay something of yourself.

For me, I think I'd go...
SCI (1), DIP (2), ENG (3)
Romulan, Starfleet, Federation, Innovator, Communicator, Tactician, Writer, Botanist, Explorer, Resourceful

Some explanations:
I chose SCI because I do linguistics which is the science of language. This also ties into the communicator trait and DIP I should think.
I chose ENG because I love building things, design, and architecture, I also do some computer coding at times, though I'm not the best at it. Innovator and resourceful tie into that skill I think.
Romulan because they're my favourite race in ST, but I'd definitely want to be a part of the Federation and Starfleet.
Writer and Botanist because those things are hobbies of mine.
Explorer because I love exploring unknown places and mapping out where I've been and what I've seen.
And Tactician because I enjoy creating strategies for plans or whatever I'm doing, I'm always thinking of any given scenario and how I'd handle it or what I'd do for it.
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...fascinating. I’d have to go with the following:

ENG/SEC/SCI - I have a degree in Materials Science and Engineering and have worked in various engineerig jobs over the last 11 years

Andorian, Federation, Starfleet, Resourceful, Explorer, Maverick, Musician, Chef - Andorians don’t get enough love, I played drums from grade school through college, and I like to cook.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    We've had two previous like this. One by me, and one by someone else. Still, it's a good game.

As a field service technician (formerly for copiers, now for medical equipment), I give myself high engineering and high diplomacy. Engineering for repair and calibration; diplomacy because of working with customers, many of whom are have to be carefully placated when the equipment is not working right. I used to put command as a tertiary skill because I used to be a teacher. Now that I service medical equipment instead of copiers, I would give myself med as a third skill. I have to know a fair amount about using the equipmentbeyond just fixing and calibrating it.

Engineering, Diplomacy, Medical

Edit for traits:
    Civilian, Writer, Technician, Human, Resourceful, Jurry-Rigger, Communicator
  • izausomeizausome ✭✭✭
    Eng with 200 base and a 1 to 2000 roll.
    And every item is whiskey.
    Traits: drunk

:)
  • edited April 2018
    izausome wrote: »

Oh id hate to have to equip you, all those ancient films and 3 star alcohol components
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Eng Sci Med
    Romantic, Astrophysicist, Writer, Civilian, Augment, Borg

I would go around the galaxy using technology to enhance the quality of life everywhere.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ooohh this is fun. Here's mine

Skills (in order):

ENG - Primary as "Engineer" is literally in my job title and is what I do. Also I'm in general a tinkerer, I like building models and stuff, and I have an interest in music-related hardware and instrument repair/maintenance/building.
    DIP - Secondary because I'm fairly decent at it, have a lot of patience, like to talk a lot, to the point of frequently being told to just shut up (plus I'm a pretty decent liar if I need to be, a skill acquired during my questionable childhood and adolescent years), also my "secondary" profession/hobby is music and this is the closest trait to that I guess.
    SCI - Tertiary because my actual education is in Biology, and I maintain an interest in science in general

Traits:
    Cardassian, Musician, Resourceful, Jury Rigger, Communicator, Dissident, Scoundrel

Cardassian is my favourite Star Trek race (also, as said above I tend to talk excessively and am fairly skilled in deception), but I'd be part of the Dissident movement and support the Detapa Council (the "Dissident" trait isn't in the game yet, but if they ever add Tekeny Ghemor or Natima Lang, it should be added). Also as mentioned above, I was always a bit of a ne'er-do-well growing up, so in the context of me being a theoretical Cardassian dissident, there's a reasonably high chance I'd be Scoundrel-y.

EDIT:

For fun I also did up one for my husband:

DIP: Excellent communicator, people skills are disturbingly good, and enjoys multi-hour conversations. Also an artist by trade, which again, I feel is most applicable to DIP, since it's a form of communication more or less.
    CMD: Good at asserting himself, taking charge, and all around a natural leader-type person
    SCI: Strong interest in science of all kinds, and absorbs information like a sponge. Pretty good at technical things in general as well, especially when it comes to photography-related science.

Traits:
    Romulan, Klingon, Communicator, Artist, Musician, Writer, Resourceful, Tactician, Diplomat, Spiritual, Federation, Civilian

He simply is a Romulan mixed with a Klingon. There is no other way to put it. A bit more Romulan-like than Klingon-like, but it's all there. He's honourable to a fault, with a strict code he follows, (although he's not violent, so a bit more monk-like), but also very...Romulan-like in his determination and drive and self-confidence (he doesn't have a favourite race, but his favourite character is Data and he ain't no android :P). He's vaguely spiritual in that he's mindful of such things, and likes to ponder. Also he's 100% Federation but 100% not Starfleet. Everything else is fairly self-explanatory given my explanations above.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    SCI/ENG/MED

Civilian, Human, Botanist, Exobiologist, Survivalist, Jury-Rigger, Gardener, Maquis

Pretty much the same as how I've described myself in other threads, but I'm aligning with the Maquis here because I sympathise with those trying to make a hard-scrabble life under oppression.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg

:D

Ship skill : Call Uber.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg
    9o39729bvldm.jpg

:D

Ship skill : Call Uber.

With all that liquor, shouldn’t you have some dip?
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Single stat DIP I think, I can't really think of an excuse for any of the others.

Traits: Human, Civilian, Casual, Merchant, Romantic... working towards Silicon Lifeform :p

And I'd probably wind up with the reformed Ferengi Alliance, I wanna be rich and pampered but I try not to be a jerk about it.
  • edited April 2018
    Lets see:

Highest Stat: DIP
    This is because i'm a pretty social

Secondary Stat: SCI
    Because i'm a science geek

Tertiary Skill: MED
    Because i needed to learn a lot of medical things when my mother got sick.

Traits: Vulcan,Federation, Writer, Ambassador,Explorer,Prodigy
  • Ok, I'll give this a go.

Skills, in order, would be:
    Sci, Diplo, Medicine

Science - I work in the metallurgical field and do chemical and physical analysis of metals.
    Diplo - I'm a fairly charismatic person and I'm good at being able to see and balance peoples arguments.
    Medicine - I used to work in the medical field for 5 years and have 4 years of light medical schooling beyond that.

Traits: Romulan, Diplomat, Tactician, Musician, Civilian, Gambler
    ZenthaneX wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give this a go.

Skills, in order, would be:
    Sci, Diplo, Medicine

Science - I work in the metallurgical field and do chemical and physical analysis of metals.
    Diplo - I'm a fairly charismatic person and I'm good at being able to see and balance peoples arguments.
    Medicine - I used to work in the medical field for 5 years and have 4 years of light medical schooling beyond that.

Traits: Romulan, Diplomat, Tactician, Musician, Civilian, Gambler

Few enough people work in metallurgy that I am always overjoyed to see another one on the Internet. :smile:
  • Few enough people work in metallurgy that I am always overjoyed to see another one on the Internet. :smile:

I work in a lab at a foundry. It's fun work, a lot better than being a Radiographer like I was before.
    ZenthaneX wrote: »
    Few enough people work in metallurgy that I am always overjoyed to see another one on the Internet. :smile:

I work in a lab at a foundry. It's fun work, a lot better than being a Radiographer like I was before.

Nice! Before my current job I spent five years between two foundries, with a lot of lab time under my belt. All that time working in front of (or simply in) spectrometers, microscopes, and combustion analyzers still helps, too. One thing I didn’t get much of a chance to do was RT (just MT and PT), though I certainly had ideas on how to do it in-house at my last job if only they had some extra capital to spend.
  • Heavy Equipment Mechanic and Operator by trade so I’d definately have Engineer as a Primary. I Spend a decent amount of time reading/learning about astrophysics and geology so a Science secondary would be fitting and I have a decent vintage firearms collection and am pretty proficient with them so Security to round it out.

I would definately have Jury Rigger, Astrophysics, Civilian, and Gambler as Traits.
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Ooh nice topic, here's my take:

Dip (1), Sci (2), Med (3)
    Traits: Federation, Starfleet, writer, diplomat, bartender, investigator

Skills analyses:
    Command: I'm a manager, but I prefer others taking charge. Guess this is not my primary
    Diplomacy: I'd do much better here. I talk to people a lot, and I listen too. I tend to mediate a lot of conflicting views throughout the day. Good one for my primary
    Security: although I play a lot of strategy games, and I'd like to call myself a tactician, my hands-on experience is virtually zero. Maybe a third skill? Probably not ;-)
    Engineering: I have two left hands. I'm fascinated by a lot of engineering concepts, but quite clumsy. So no.
    Science: "Nothing shocks me, I'm a scientist." Gathering data, analyzing, getting in depth into pretty much everything. So this one is certainly a good choice
    Medical: Hmm, not much to go on here. Then again, I've had some biology and I have a first aid degree so I should top Combat Medic Paris. Also, I have seen every episode of House M.D.
  • [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    What Stt skills would I have?

That would have to be Command and security with low proficiency stats
  • ReginoldJuddReginoldJudd ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Dip (1) Sci (2) Med (3)
    Romulan, writer, investigator, civilian, crafty, resourceful
  • Med, Com, Eng
    Andorian, Inspiring, Counselor, Resourceful, Crafty, Romantic, Athlete
    Med: My degrees are in Child Development & Applied Behavioral Science and I work with BD Elementary students on behavioral modification.
    Com: I do a lot of supervising large groups of children K-12 at all my jobs. I am the person who helps determine disciplinary action for kiddos that act up, and I also coach High School Softball.
    Eng: I love to tinker, especially on my bike. I do a lot of DIY stuff and repairs by myself, so it made sense.