Home The Bridge

Why doesn't the Bounty blow up?

MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in The Bridge
There's lots of things that can be said about The Arena. But one thing that irks me, is that if I win, I like to see the enemy explode. Like the Borg Scout Ship...kablooey! But the Admiral division is mostly populated by Bounties, and when they lose, they just...melt away. Boo! Boring.

Comments

• PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    The transparent aluminum panels hold the hull together.
  • I still prefer it to the borg Rubik’s Cube pop
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time the Enterprise blows apart a piece goes right through my ship
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »

Same for me...gives a good laugh...even once defeated it still strikes back
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Same for me...gives a good laugh...even once defeated it still strikes back

Yes! One last act of revenge

• Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    They should use the exploding bird of prey sfx from Star Trek VI that they reused in Star Trek Generations.

Star_Trek_6_46b.gif
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is an issue - there is one bigger.

At least 5 times a day, I warp out of the system I'm in to another system for some mission....
    ...and I go to warp directly through the center of a planet.

If my lack of knowledge of physics tells me anything, it's that everyone on my ship is dead, and I greatly inconvenienced the parking lot of a Wal-Mart somewhere in Iowa or wherever I crashed.

But then I realize it's just a game and it's about a group of astronauts on some sort of star trek, and it's not a true story.

But still.

+1

Every time it happens I say to myself, “well, we probably just tore a gaping hole in that planet...sorry about that!”
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that at some point the Bird of Prey was supposed to have moving wings, so it'd start with them level and then drop them into battle mode as the fight started. For whatever reason that got taken out of the game, but the ship model still has these two different kinds of objects in it, and again for whatever reason only the moving bits - the wings - get affected by the 'blow up' code.

Same thing happens with the Ferengi Marauder, although it's the other way around, the non-moving main hull explodes, and the moving bits - the 'head', the claws, the weapons deck or whatever it is on top of the main hull - all keep on going.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is an issue - there is one bigger.

At least 5 times a day, I warp out of the system I'm in to another system for some mission....

If my lack of knowledge of physics tells me anything, it's that everyone on my ship is dead, and I greatly inconvenienced the parking lot of a Wal-Mart somewhere in Iowa or wherever I crashed.

But then I realize it's just a game and it's about a group of astronauts on some sort of star trek, and it's not a true story.

But still.

That's bugged me for a long time. I sort of wince when it happens.

<It almost distracts me from the twinkling stars :p >
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    What I wonder is, why does the cloak keep moving on past the debris field?

Edit: Because physics & stuff.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • While this is an issue - there is one bigger.

But still.

Clearly, the solution is to add the USS Pegasus to the game!