Home The Bridge

Reaction when you just HAVE to have a newly released character no matter the cost

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Came across this today and anyone here who is familiar with the famous "Shut Up And Take My Money" Futurama meme needs to switch to this beauty immediately

f23bq9iadg6c.jpg

I kind of feel this way about the impending Mirror Zef release

Comments

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    I have two out of three super-rares immortalized, and I care very little about the others in the pack. Still, the mirror-Zeph pack is tempting me..... ;-)
  • ApaggApagg ✭✭✭
    Argh. Three packs. Got two copies of the only UR I had immortalised (Landry) and no Cochrane. Did manage to immortalise Janeway and add two stars to Robin Hood Picard but dear God how I hate Landry now.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want:
    Mirror Cochrane because James Cromwell shooting Vulcans is funny
    Durango Troi because it would amuse me to have my best SEC crew be someone's who's technically a MED crew
    Musketeer LaForge because everything is better with a frilly hat

I do not want:
    To gamble on a 10% chance of getting something I want.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Ugh. Why did there have to be a Baku Worf in there? I could use all the others, but I know I'll get him if I buy.
  • My reaction is this is a game, and instead of the boring route of buying my way to everything, I'll wait and get him eventually.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have all of the 4s immortal so this pack is yet another miss for me no matter how badly I might want one or more of the 5s it contains.
  • Guaranteed disappointment when they put people in the packs that almost all of us fully fused just a few events ago. I bought anyway, and my disappointment was as expected.

They may as well just change the pack name to "Turn your 650 Dilithium into 500 Honor now!"
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled the dice and won in the biggest possible way - my first Mobile Doctor and a Mirror Cochrane.

e2elo96xpy4l.png

Sick
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rolled the dice and won in the biggest possible way - my first Mobile Doctor and a Mirror Cochrane.

e2elo96xpy4l.png

You, sir, have won the internet.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Took a chance after all and got Picard. Could have been worse. At least I just got a Caretaker out of the Gauntlet!
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I want mirror cochrane, but his stats are lackluster. He reminds me of my mirror kirk, whom I got more than a year ago and is still at 1/5. Kirk was at least useful when the gauntlet came out because there weren't as many powerhouses, and he has decent stats and traits. Mirror cochrane has similar stats to Phoenix Cochrane, but considering how many stronger crew have been added since Phoenix was added (exactly 2 years ago), Mirror just isn't worth it if you expect him to be 1/5 for the next 6 months.

I want the character, but the crew would be a burden on me. I would try to earn him in an event, but not pay for him.
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    I am a huge fan of the character and would have bought multiples of the pack to try and get him. However they put Landry in the pack who I already have at 4 stars. So my DIL will stay in my virtual pocket till tomorrow with the event pack
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though Landry is immortal, I needed stars for Hood and Worf, and the golds aren't bad either, so I took a risk and got two packs, scoring the final stars for both of them. Also got two SR beholds, but in both the only non-FF option was Kurak, who was also one star away from completion. Also upgraded the Hirigen Warship...it sure is nice to get usefull schematics again.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    I am a huge fan of the character and would have bought multiples of the pack to try and get him. However they put Landry in the pack who I already have at 4 stars. So my DIL will stay in my virtual pocket till tomorrow with the event pack

Totally understand. I actually have all three super rares in this collection immortalized, and it's just not worth 6500 dilithium for the guaranteed legendary drop.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »
    Came across this today and anyone here who is familiar with the famous "Shut Up And Take My Money" Futurama meme needs to switch to this beauty immediately

f23bq9iadg6c.jpg

I kind of feel this way about the impending Mirror Zef release

Sokath, his eyes uncovered, when Kira at bashi.
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    All of the fours I have FF, would love MC but no way I’m taking that chance.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'd rather have Durango Troi than this Cochrane, but nope, not doing that.
  • DraftedMcCoyDraftedMcCoy ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I had a situation where for some strange reason, I had to have Mirror Troi. Hit 11 event packs, no dice. That one hurt. She eludes me still.

I ran three packs, I had Worf at 1/4, Landry at 3/4 and Robin Hood at 4/4

Results:

1st Pack- Straight up Robin Hood, meh
    2nd Pack- Worf, followed by a behold with Admiral Picard in it. Picked him which immortalized him instantly. Huzzah
    3rd Pack- Durango Troi straight up.

Pretty positive resultsiiqp7gv4847p.png