Home Make It So!

Add a Double Your Stars Option

Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Make It So!
It would be a real QOL improvement if when the Double Your Stars Option triggered you could decline it, as opposed to letting the timer run out, so that it didn't trigger a 72 hour wait.

I wanted to get the double offer on Surak on Thursday but I made the mistake of buying a couple of the new Tuesday pack. Ended up getting 2 Robin "airlock" Hoods but also got The Professor so I got to add another star on him. I most definitely did NOT want the double offer on him (he's already well beyond level 50). Because there was no option to decline it will prevent the offer from appearing for Surak unless I wait and don't claim any of the event rewards until Friday afternoon.

I still don't understand why the double your stars offer isn't just always offered for legendaries and remove the 72 hour timer completely. It makes no sense why DB would want to turn down money.

Alternatively, I think an even better option would be if the double your stars option gave you a special citation that, if added to the character, would drop the appropriate equipment for level 50 for that character. That way if you got the offer on a character you didn't want to double, you could still purchase it but use it on a different character later.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree. It would be great if I could choose the legendaries I want to double
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hear hear. They should have a button at the bottom alongside the "Double the Offer" button that says "I would not like to participate" then when you click it, you get a "Are you sure? Declining this offer means it will be dismissed entirely." Then a yes or no.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • There definitely needs to be an option to give up on certain offers...
  • I also totally agree...
    When buying a 30 times 10x-pack there are usually more than 1 legendary crew members and in most cases I want more than 1 doubled or not the first of them...
  • It would be nice just to be able to choose whom to use it on and when. I doubt DB would ever do that, but it could definitely be a cash cow for them. Most of us have many legendary crew memebers with only a couple of stars and that essentially just a waste of space. It has been clearly shown that there is a good amount of players that can and will spend money on the game if an offer is even semi-decent. DYC at your discretion? Yeahlp, sign me up--even if it is just a "not right now" option and is temporarily suspended until the next legendary drop.