Home Make It So!

Excessive Diplomacy in Events?

Up to this point, I have been involved only with low ranking fleets, and I'm a fairly new F2P player (captain level 42) though started buying monthly cards. I felt like a lot of the events since I started playing were giving crew with diplomacy traits, so I decided to make an excel table of all the 4 and 5 star crew I've obtained in the 2018 events to see if I was right.

For those of us playing F2P in fairly low ranked fleets, we are limited to those crew who are threshold crew or fairly attainable Galaxy crew (unless you have a lot of free time). Of those I obtained in 2018, here are the stats for primary and secondary skills:

primary:
command 3
diplomacy 8
engineering 2
medicine 3
science 3
security 5

secondary:
command 4
diplomacy 9
engineering 3
medicine 4
science 0
security 4

As you can see, both primary and secondary attributes are very heavily weighted towards diplomacy, more than double the other stats. The results would be different if I were a member of a higher ranked squad/fleet, but I don't imagine developers want the game heavily skewed to specific stats for newly developing players? It's hard to build a balanced crew this way without thinking about airlocking 4 star crew, but that seems unreasonable when just building your crew.

Comments