Home The Bridge

Badly timed offer

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
That Phoenix Chocrane offer is extremely badly timed. Just at the start of the Mega, it will trigger DYC with the cooldown, stopping DYC being triggered for the event 5star

Comments

• Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    That Phoenix Chocrane offer is extremely badly timed. Just at the start of the Mega, it will trigger DYC with the cooldown, stopping DYC being triggered for the event 5star

Yeah, I commented about that on our fleet chat
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Nothing like adding a star to a 5 for $10 though!
    EDIT: I bought it and it did not trigger the DYC so there’s that
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing like adding a star to a 5 for $10 though!

I agree there. It is a nice deal, problem is that I will have to find another 200k of honour to max him :-)

Still tempted though!
  • I went ahead and bought it. $10 to add a second star seems like a good deal. I figure I can double Surak next time, or the time after. Or the 3rd time. Or even the 4th. Or probably use honor.
  • Dralix wrote: »
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to score 25k VP in 12 hours ...

That.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought it. It triggered DYC for Cochrane. Bought that too. Now at 4/5. Not worried about the DYC for Surak. There’s 3 more chances but only one chance for that Cochrane.
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If you manage to get Surak in the next 12 hours, just don't claim him. Simple as that.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
  • I want to buy the offer but I want to DYC Surak - I held off restarting the game until was close enough that I should get to 25k before the timer runs out.

But, I think the cooldown thing being 3 days is crazy. 24hrs sure, but 3 days is madness - it actually prevents me spending money!

Korrin
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I hadn't leveled PC long ago, I'd be kind of conflicted. But I need the items to help level Surak today.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing says that you have to buy it. DB can put out any deal at anytime that they want.

Trista
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to score 25k VP in 12 hours ...

Working on it.
    I don't have Cochrane. Are his stats worth it for a 1/5 fused?
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Phoenix_Cochrane#Away_Team_Skills

Worth is subjective, depending on your own crew. He was worth it to me, but I waited until after I DYC'd Surak.

EDIT: ... and I DYC'd & power-leveled Surak to help my squadron out immediately, since some of them might not get him until Saturday. I can always switch back to McCoy after that. :)
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    So for those who bought Cochrane, is there no way we can DYC Surak this time??
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Bri wrote: »

72-hour cooldown, according to earlier posts here, which is what I remembered & why I didn't pull any crew or packs since Monday. I have lots of 1* boosters now, though....

EDIT: or do not claim Surak until Monday & then the DYC should pop up again for him.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already had Phoenix Cochrane 1/5 FE, so I bought the offer. It did trigger the DYC offer, but I already bought a citation for 50k honor for Surak.
  • Bri wrote: »

You’re going to get 4 chances to double him this month.
  • S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Bri wrote: »

72-hour cooldown, according to earlier posts here, which is what I remembered & why I didn't pull any crew or packs since Monday. I have lots of 1* boosters now, though....

EDIT: or do not claim Surak until Monday & then the DYC should pop up again for him.

Thanks @peregrine for the information.

I just used a citation and leveled him. Lesson learned :)
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I airlocked PC a couple months ago. His stats weren't great for a 1/5 (he would've been like my 9th best engineer when I airlocked him.) And since I didn't really even like his character, I knew he would STAY at 1/5 while I cited up all the golds I have that I actually DO like. I don't regret my decision.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I really think he is a tad weak because there isn't a real equipment boost at level 93 because he randomly requires a 2 star item vs a 4 or 5 star item that could boost his stats. Maybe DB will fix this in the future.

xxwv2ikg1lnu.png

Maybe something like this would help

7qv1bhd7fd7r.png

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Phoenix_Cochrane#Away_Team_Skills

Worth is subjective, depending on your own crew. He was worth it to me, but I waited until after I DYC'd Surak.

EDIT: ... and I DYC'd & power-leveled Surak to help my squadron out immediately, since some of them might not get him until Saturday. I can always switch back to McCoy after that. :)

Thank you. I need engineering, but I decided to pass and save my money for the summer mega event. Plus crew space is not easy. If DB gave more crew space, I would buy more.
  • Thankfully i had gotten a dyc on tuesday so Cochrane didnt trigger a dyc for me to have to wait as long!
  • Bri wrote: »

This is exactly what I intend doing.. I saw the Cochran deal, knowing that I really need some reinforcements in the Eng department. I had just had some unexpected money go into my bank account, so hit the DYC, thinking that I could always DYC Surak next week to immortalise him at the end of the event anyway.

Then it dawned on me that there is indeed a 72 hr cool down and that if I didn't claim Surak (or any of the other threshold rewards) until Monday, then the DYC for Surak would reappear. I hope!

The only downside is that I can't do any further leveling on Amanda Grayson or put some more bits of kit on Surak himself until then! Also, I can't take advantage of the extra bonuses I would have on the shuttle missions by having a pair of developing crew adding to the mix!

The hardest part is resisting that big flashing "CLAIM" button... There have been a couple of times that I nearly hit the button on autopilot, but I have to remain strong! (No matter what the voices may be telling me!!!)