Home The Bridge

Thank you for the Phoenix Chocrane offer

That is a SCREAMING deal! Sold! Thanks x10 :)
“You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
― Musashi, Japan's Greatest Swordsman and Samurai

Comments

• GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to decide if this is worth buying. Does he hold up?
  • Trying to decide if this is worth buying. Does he hold up?

Well, I've got him 3 star already, so for me its a good deal w/all the extras too. 5/5 he's 503 / 1106 / 925 without any bonuses.
    “You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain”
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #103 for voyages, offers nothing in gauntlet, not great on shuttles. He's eng/sci though...I don't see the appeal, personally.
  • I bought it. I don’t think it’s a screaming deal though. I think it’s a far more sane offer from a company that rarely shows that. That’s probably why it feels like a deal!

True that.
  • The Great GornholioThe Great Gornholio ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    #103 for voyages, offers nothing in gauntlet, not great on shuttles. He's eng/sci though...I don't see the appeal, personally.

I think this is just appealing to people who either

1) Already have him, since adding a star to a Legendary for $9.99 is a pretty good deal
    2) Want him for the Collections
    3) Regularly buy the 1250 chrons for $9.99 since this is basically the same deal with a free Legendary and credits.

I think it's all around solid. I wish they would do offers like these more often. Maybe like a weekly offer with a different 5*
  • I just feel like I'd FE him and he'd sit somewhere in the middle of my pack, not good enough for shuttles or voyages, but not able to be frozen. I would basically be spending $10 to lose a crew slot.

Yeah that's a fair point and I could see not buying it for just that reason. Now if they did this offer with someone like First Officer Burnham or Dr. Culber that would be a different story.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭

1) Already have him, since adding a star to a Legendary for $9.99 is a pretty good deal
    3) Regularly buy the 1250 chrons for $9.99 since this is basically the same deal with a free Legendary and credits.

I think it's all around solid. I wish they would do offers like these more often. Maybe like a weekly offer with a different 5*

Yes absolutely a weekly deal.
    I've said this myself many times.
    For fun factor as in two standard premium portal pulls for an extra 2 or 3 bucks (cause I like to open things) and away ya go.

I didn't buy this one though..
    I don't already have this character, and im sill upset by what happened yesterday.
    Take away either of those factors and I'd have likely bought it.

Good deal though :)
  • I just feel like I'd FE him and he'd sit somewhere in the middle of my pack, not good enough for shuttles or voyages, but not able to be frozen. I would basically be spending $10 to lose a crew slot.

Yeah that's a fair point and I could see not buying it for just that reason. Now if they did this offer with someone like First Officer Burnham or Dr. Culber that would be a different story.

+ I was broke of chrons from the last Galaxy, so the blessed rain of Chronitons was most welcome + a 4th star on a 5 star crew I had, so for me at least - a really good deal ;)
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I agree. My only problem with the offer is "if" I can get Surek before the 12 hour timer is over and if I can find a spot for him in my already cramped crew slots. My eyes are focused on those 1250 chrons more than the 5*.

@Shan I need more crew slots #crewslotsale
  • EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I bought the offer and I am pleased with it. To me, it's not a matter of him being a great card... he's just cool... and that counts. Plus the other stuff... sort of makes up for the pack I bought yesterday and only got one Amanda out of the deal. ( I already had Katra McCoy immortalized)

I am happy with the merits and with the Chocrane
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Etienne — I bought him because I've wanted him for awhile and that was a good price to pay. He's cool. B)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »
    Agree with Etienne — I bought him because I've wanted him for awhile and that was a good price to pay. He's cool. B)

He was definitly cool B)
    5v03cngaft5q.jpg
  • I have one questionthough. I had him already 1/5 FE and bought him, and immediately got a doubleup offer. Does that mean I can't get a doubleup offer on Surak when I get him tomorrow? Do I have to wait to claim Surak at the end of the event (so I can't use him now) to be able to double up him?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one questionthough. I had him already 1/5 FE and bought him, and immediately got a doubleup offer. Does that mean I can't get a doubleup offer on Surak when I get him tomorrow? Do I have to wait to claim Surak at the end of the event (so I can't use him now) to be able to double up him?

The double up offer has a 72 hour cooldown period.
  • Yeah, so I can't use Surak in this event. Had I known that before, I might not have bought Cochrane. I thought there were no double-up offers when you bought a specific crew member.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, so I can't use Surak in this event. Had I known that before, I might not have bought Cochrane. I thought there were no double-up offers when you bought a specific crew member.

Don’t sweat it. There’s three more weeks to double up Surak
  • IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    As someone who runs with FF 4*s and mostly 1/5*s, getting him FF a long time ago was a good idea. He isn't great compared to new crew (Mirror Cochrane is better, but not by much), but for someone I originally got for some extra Eng help and gradually picked him in beholds (mostly as a backup pick if the other two choices were bad), he's currently 1 of 2 FF 5*s I have (excepting Guinan and Mirror Picard, the other is Mirror Bashir). That said, dunno if I would pay $10 for him. Or if I would grab him now in a behold, except that I love First Contact and like the character
  • Just a shame that with all the incoming characters I have no space to take advantage of this "gift"