Home Make It So!

Can we make gifts?

For instance, the other day was one of our fleet mate birthday, and seeing the offer for Phoenix Cochrane, I thought: spending as low as this could I buy this offer and send it as a gift to my fleet mate for any reason.
I believe my mate can receive it via in-game mail from me, so he would know who gave him the gift, and from another point of view, DB could make some money in a different way.

I say something like the Phoenix Cochrane because it was a Legendary crew for a few bucks.

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The argument here would be that people can make multiple accounts and gift all the good stuff to one account thus having the advantage of combining those multiple accounts into one.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling between accounts, never mind gifting, comes with a huge guarantee of abuse. Other games that have player-to-player transactions spend either a lot of time or really a lot of time policing multi accounts. DB seems happy so far allowing alternate accounts and likely does not have the staff or desire to set up the systems required to monitor and prevent abuse of asset transfers between players.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can gift your fleetmate the $10 and he can buy it himself.
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    The argument here would be that people can make multiple accounts and gift all the good stuff to one account thus having the advantage of combining those multiple accounts into one.

Haven't thought of this, I myself have 2 accounts I use all the time, both are high VIP and almos level 70 both of them. I know I would not pay for myself, and would use it like I mentioned before, but haven't thought there would be people that would.
  • Perhaps rather than gifting a known we could gift packs, for those who are a bit more cash strapped could even allow gifting a merit rewards pack. What do you think folks?
  • As was mentioned before, I think it is a bad idea. I don't have multiple accounts, but there are lots of players who do. It would benefit them more than anyone else.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    As well as people creating two accounts to farm for themselves, it also leads to people and groups farming for items. e.g. I could create a second account to farm for the 5* on going mega event character. After the first week I would then have 3 copies to spare, which could be sold for half of DBs price.

It also encourages account theft, whereby a third party would steal an account to sell crew to others, something I'm sure none of us want to see.
  • Wouldn't my suggestion of gifting sealed packs solve most of these concerns?
    There'd be no benefit to multi-accounting since you still have to pay for the packs you gift, you could maybe benefit by pooling merit packs on a single account but that would be a lot of effort for little reward.
    Equally hackers could at worst deplete your merits, not pillage your entire account.
  • Wouldn't my suggestion of gifting sealed packs solve most of these concerns?
    There'd be no benefit to multi-accounting since you still have to pay for the packs you gift

We get sealed 10-packs almost for free from Galaxy events. If we could gift them, then each player should create a hundred accounts and then gift a hundred Galaxy rewards to their main account.
    "Dance with me. For science."
    Wouldn't my suggestion of gifting sealed packs solve most of these concerns?
    There'd be no benefit to multi-accounting since you still have to pay for the packs you gift

We get sealed 10-packs almost for free from Galaxy events. If we could gift them, then each player should create a hundred accounts and then gift a hundred Galaxy rewards to their main account.

I would totally do that

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

I would totally do that

Thanks for demonstrating the reason why we will never have gifting systems in STT.
    "Dance with me. For science."
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I would totally do that

Thanks for demonstrating the reason why we will never have gifting systems in STT.

A real oxymoron as I’m just being honest about dishonesty
  • DaivahatakaDaivahataka ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I failed to explain myself clearly :( , when I was talking about gifting packs I meant freshly bought ones not those from your inventory, hence my reference to the merit packs for those who can't afford the premium packs.
    This should not be open to exploit as you have described.
  • I sent my team some beef jerky...they loved it.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    I asked @Shan about gifts back in November, as I wanted to give my fleet something. Shan thought it was a great idea but DB didn't have anything like that set up.
  • It sounds like a great idea but there is too much room for abuse, even if 99,% of us are honest about it
  • Yeah many TCG in the beginning have trade system that got abused.

Ppl even hire folks in Asia to farm in game because it was cheaper to pay them than spending real money in game.