Home The Bridge

Why no USS reliant ship?

You have the the Enterprise ships from TOS, TNG and ENT, the Defiant from DS9, and the Shenzou and Discovery. But where’s the Reliant from Wrath of Khan? That ship is just as memorable as the others (okay discovery hasn’t reached that status yet) and yet it isn’t available in the game? Why not?

Comments

• We also want Enterprise-A and Enterprise-E
    But I totally agree with you, The Wrath Of Khan is one of the if not the most popular TOS movie, so.. c’mon DB, where is the Reliant?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking for it for over a year. I can only assume DB wants to re-do the Arena and will add more ships then.

I'm still waiting for the Vulcan ship they promised this month as well!
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think they should get rid of the "generic" ships that they've put in simply to get double the use out of the 3D models. No one uses them anyway (EDIT with the obvious exception of the 2* K'Vort Class Bird of Prey Yes I know!). Let's just keep the named ships and work on adding more.

Second EDIT: Although if they got rid of that 2* Bird of Prey, it would remove that Kang problem and encourage diversity of choices in the Commander Arena.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should get rid of the "generic" ships that they've put in simply to get double the use out of the 3D models. No one uses them anyway (EDIT with the obvious exception of the 2* K'Vort Class Bird of Prey Yes I know!). Let's just keep the named ships and work on adding more.

Second EDIT: Although if they got rid of that 2* Bird of Prey, it would remove that Kang problem and encourage diversity of choices in the Commander Arena.

We'd be back to the Maquis ship with I think it was Chakotay that would just be the end all be all....
    Pallidyne wrote: »

We'd be back to the Maquis ship with I think it was Chakotay that would just be the end all be all....

But you wouldn't see a wall of Kang. Probably Odo, actually. But still...
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    They desperately need to redo the arena. Considering the price they charge for ships when they come out, they really need to up their game in terms of the usefulness of ships.
    It's like the Voyages problem... obviously the only useful ships are the 5*. There's really no point in using a lower one with a bonus, because it still doesn't equal a 5* when maxed out. So at this point, I even hesitate to unlock lower ships (like the Terran Constellation Class) because it just means one more ship I have to scroll through to get to the ones I'm looking for. So from my perspective, it really only makes the game more annoying to have so many ships that I'll never use.
  • It's like the Voyages problem... obviously the only useful ships are the 5*. There's really no point in using a lower one with a bonus, because it still doesn't equal a 5* when maxed out. So at this point, I even hesitate to unlock lower ships (like the Terran Constellation Class) because it just means one more ship I have to scroll through to get to the ones I'm looking for. So from my perspective, it really only makes the game more annoying to have so many ships that I'll never use.

Which brings us to an interesting idea. Why not have three tiers in voyages with proportionate prizes like in arena?
    edited April 2018
    It's like the Voyages problem... obviously the only useful ships are the 5*. There's really no point in using a lower one with a bonus, because it still doesn't equal a 5* when maxed out. So at this point, I even hesitate to unlock lower ships (like the Terran Constellation Class) because it just means one more ship I have to scroll through to get to the ones I'm looking for. So from my perspective, it really only makes the game more annoying to have so many ships that I'll never use.

Which brings us to an interesting idea. Why not have three tiers in voyages with proportionate prizes like in arena?

I like this idea... frankly, the idea of having three voyages running at the same time kinda intrigues me. But I do have a large crew.
  • ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭

I like this idea... frankly, the idea of having three voyages running at the same time kinda intrigues me. But I do have a large crew.

Yep, I'd be into this too. Perhaps the voyages on smaller ships use less crew too, but the AM drop is smaller? Maybe the small ships just go on runs to get things like holoemitters? Or maybe the trainers are skewed toward the smaller ships because they are more accessible to newer players? There is a lot they could do to broaden the Voyages mechanic (which is the absolute best mechanic in the game at the moment).
    Thurthorad wrote: »

Yep, I'd be into this too. Perhaps the voyages on smaller ships use less crew too, but the AM drop is smaller? Maybe the small ships just go on runs to get things like holoemitters? Or maybe the trainers are skewed toward the smaller ships because they are more accessible to newer players? There is a lot they could do to broaden the Voyages mechanic (which is the absolute best mechanic in the game at the moment).

More often dilemmas?
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    pieman247 wrote: »
    You have the the Enterprise ships from TOS, TNG and ENT, the Defiant from DS9, and the Shenzou and Discovery. But where’s the Reliant from Wrath of Khan? That ship is just as memorable as the others (okay discovery hasn’t reached that status yet) and yet it isn’t available in the game? Why not?
    pieman247 wrote: »

I think the U.S.S. Reliant would be a brilliant addition during this summer's mega event since the Augments will be featured. Hopefully DB is thinking about this.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking for it for over a year. I can only assume DB wants to re-do the Arena and will add more ships then.

They promised a vulcan ship?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think DB would do this simply because they wanted to make voyages more beneficial to beginner and lower-resourced players. Or at least that's what they said, part of me suspects that was just the cover-up story for realizing that voyages were dropping many more chrons than they wanted them too. But if we made Voyages tiered, then the lower-level initiative would be pretty much bunk. Lower-levellers wouldn't be able to run top-tier level voyages with their highest crew being like 4 4*s and mostly 2-3*s and the one or two free mega-event 5*s.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭

They promised a vulcan ship?

They did indeed. You can see it hovering above Surak in the Mega Event announcement photo.