Home Ready Room
Options

Do supply kits have any effect on event faction shuttle missions?

I've been using supply kits with event supply missions for a while. I've been trying to find out (in the wiki) if they have any effect on shuttle missions as well. Does it increase the victory points as well? Haven't found the answer here yet.....
Thnx for your help
"Let's do it!"

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, supply kits don't affect shuttle missions AFAIK.
  • Options
    Thanks @Peachtree Rex . Pity, with supply missions they help me get in positions better than 10000..... but with shuttle missions I've never been able to get better than 12000.
    "Let's do it!"
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Peachtree Rex . Pity, with supply missions they help me get in positions better than 10000..... but with shuttle missions I've never been able to get better than 12000.
    First thing is: do you have 4 shuttles? You'll get nowhere in Faction Event ranking if you have less. There's just no way to keep up with the VP of people running more shuttles than you.
  • Options
    Magisse wrote: »
    First thing is: do you have 4 shuttles? You'll get nowhere in Faction Event ranking if you have less. There's just no way to keep up with the VP of people running more shuttles than you.

I've got 3 shuttles....the 4th is a bit expensive :neutral:
    "Let's do it!"
  • Options
    Save for the 4th. It is the only way to get anywhere in Faction events.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

The 4th shuttle is the second best use of dilithium there is.
  • Options
    Was there ever a time when an active supply kit gave extra Captain EXP points? It seemed that way a while back but not recently (or more likely my memory is faulty). :)

BTW, agree wholeheartedly on saving for the 4th shuttle.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    SevenOf919 wrote: »
    Was there ever a time when an active supply kit gave extra Captain EXP points? It seemed that way a while back but not recently (or more likely my memory is faulty). :)

BTW, agree wholeheartedly on saving for the 4th shuttle.

It grants additional CREW experience (in the form of trainers)
  • Options
    Ah - thanks, @Peachtree Rex :)
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »

Keep immortalizing and freezing easier crew so that you get Dilithium from the Achievements and Collections, then use that Dil to buy your fourth shuttle. Then it's free! ;)
  • Options
    `Thnx for the advice!
    "Let's do it!"
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saved my dil from a monthly card. Less than $3.99 that way. -shrug- It's definitely been worth it.
  • Options
    i would add one thought to this---two years after the conversation. If you are new-is to the game, buying an extra shuttle bay is only a good investment if you have crew to fill it. I bought my 4th bay way too early and each shuttle I sent out on it (even with a skill boost) was not better that 30% success. Now that I have a deeper crew, I can staff 4 shuttles in an event at 90. Higher if I use boosts.
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crunch wrote: »
    i would add one thought to this---two years after the conversation. If you are new-is to the game, buying an extra shuttle bay is only a good investment if you have crew to fill it. I bought my 4th bay way too early and each shuttle I sent out on it (even with a skill boost) was not better that 30% success. Now that I have a deeper crew, I can staff 4 shuttles in an event at 90. Higher if I use boosts.
    Still you get trainers even from failed shuttles. It pays off in any case and there is no better use for dil.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Options
    Nice to see this topic revisited. We're two years since my first post. I have indeed saved dilithium for my 4th shuttle, AND have dutifully trained and immortalised crew (all greys & greens &blues frozen, and many purples with low stats as well). At this point, 3 of my 4 shuttles can leave with around 90% succes, and I take my chances with the 4th shuttle at 70-80% (I can live with that).Thnx for all advice here!