Home The Bridge

175 Legendaries, 210 Super Rares, 72 Rares, 43 Uncommons, 27 Commons

edited April 2018 in The Bridge
Anybody else see something strange about this?
This really means:

875 Legendary stars at 50,000 honor or 43,750,000 honor
840 Super Rare stars at 18,000 honor or 15,120,000 honor
216 Rare stars at 4500 honor or 972,000 honor
86 Uncommon stars at 500 or 43,000 honor

Chew on that one.
There are more Legendaries than Commons - Rares combined.

When is DB going to give us some high probability opportunities to back-fill some of these 1-2 * Legendaries? Especially since some of the Collections rely on you owning Immortal Legendaries AND they keep introducing new legendaries into the Collections?

It is within the realm of possibility that I will be a couple of Super Rare-Super Rares, one Fierce Guinan and one Colonel Worf shy of being a member of the 4,3,2,1 club within 6 months, even with new Super Rares. What then?

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is DB going to give us some high probability opportunities to back-fill some of these 1-2 * Legendaries?

Do you mean other than the one that exists already (Honorable Citations)?
  • edited April 2018

Yes, I mean within the game itself. I am struggling how someone would think that 43M honor is actually achievable in a lifetime of gaming, even if you dropped that down to 20M, that would be decades of gaming,
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I mean within the game itself. I am struggling how someone would think that 43M honor is actually achievable in a lifetime of gaming, even if you dropped that down to 20M, that would be decades of gaming,

Why are you counting the first star? You can't buy a citation to grant you something you don't have.

There are also other methods of getting stuff. Some of which are free. I have a 4/5 Zek. I didn't pay any money at all for that.

The only thing that's definitely bogus are the Voyage 4*'s. If they always gave you the appropriate character then I'd be working on my 2nd Thot Gor by now. Even if it was a random chance of getting it that would be an improvement.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • edited April 2018
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Why are you counting the first star? You can't buy a citation to grant you something you don't have.

There are also other methods of getting stuff. Some of which are free. I have a 4/5 Zek. I didn't pay any money at all for that.

Good Point.

I have gotten Legendaries for free, but they are few and far between and usually random. I have 94/175 Legendaries, but over half of those are 1 or 2 stars.
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have 160 of the 175 Legendary crew and most are not 5/5. I really wish the honor cost was more reasonable or the honor received was much greater. There are only 2 crew (both Legendary) available in the premium portal that I don't already have so buying packs isn't a reasonable option except possibly the 10 for 10. All 3-4* are FF so Legendary is all I would go for.
  • I have 160 of the 175 Legendary crew and most are not 5/5. I really wish the honor cost was more reasonable or the honor received was much greater.

I still think it would be reasonable to have honor received from air-locking at 10% of the honor cost. Even 5% would give me hope in DB.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Good Point.

I have gotten Legendaries for free, but they are few and far between and usually random. I have 94/175 Legendaries, but over half of those are 1 or 2 stars.

There's some of that but you're argument also breaks down at the 4* level mainly. I do semi-regularly add citations to 4*'s but the large majority of them were FF'd without spending honour.

I have 60+ 5*'s and most of them are 1/5. Sure it could take me forever to citation them all but I'm not really gonna worry about. Taking care of the 1-4*'s is pretty easy, the rest I'm willing to wait on.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • edited April 2018
    There's some of that but you're argument also breaks down at the 4* level mainly. I do semi-regularly add citations to 4*'s but the large majority of them were FF'd without spending honour.

I'm not talking about 4*s. I am only missing 8 Super Rares and have only 40 Super Rare stars (plus the 24 I would need for the missing Super Rares) to go until I have immortalized all the Super Rares.

I am talking about the sea of blackness that I see with my legendaries in the CryoChamber. And DB has been introducing 1.5 legendaries every week, with incredibly difficult probabilities (they won't tell us) of back-filling those we have (unless we buy the expensive single Legendary guaranteed option).

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

If you expect a collecting game to give you all the things without spending money, I think you're sorely mistaken on the goal of the developers.

Very few players will ever be able to "collect them all" (and certainly not without expending a significant amount of resources). This artificial scarcity of monetized nostalgia is what encourages players to spend money and for the game to exist.

• If you expect a collecting game to give you all the things without spending money, I think you're sorely mistaken on the goal of the developers.

Very few players will ever be able to "collect them all" (and certainly not without expending a significant amount of resources). This artificial scarcity of monetized nostalgia is what encourages players to spend money and for the game to exist.

I don't really mind spending some money on nostalgia and the reflex to "collect them all". And I know it is unreasonable to expect to. I am merely suggesting that DB does not give adequate opportunities and focuses too much on monetization over satisfying its customers.

Just out of curiousity, not including the monthly Dilithium package, what would you expect to pay for an enjoyable experience with a collecting/gambling game? Especially when you need to be competitive.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

If you expect a collecting game to give you all the things without spending money, I think you're sorely mistaken on the goal of the developers.

I think the sticker price is really the shocker. If Disney had not decided to get out of the interactive game business and let all their properties be licensed to others, I'd still be playing Marvel Avengers Alliance which, though monetized, was less steep per person cost.

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd just be happy if they started churning out more 1-3 star characters, to be honest. They're usually easy enough to level up, and from a completely Star Trek fan anal retentive standpoint, there are already far too many characters and character variations that are ranked way higher than they should be. But I suppose that's just nitpicky.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't really mind spending some money on nostalgia and the reflex to "collect them all". And I know it is unreasonable to expect to. I am merely suggesting that DB does not give adequate opportunities and focuses too much on monetization over satisfying its customers.

Just out of curiousity, not including the monthly Dilithium package, what would you expect to pay for an enjoyable experience with a collecting/gambling game? Especially when you need to be competitive.

That's a very vague question.

There are VIP 0s who are competitive and enjoy the game.

Some people have spent $10k+ on this game and have 440 immortals. Some people have spent nothing and still have 200-300+.

It really depends on your personality. Some people feel the need to be competitive ASAP and in everything.

Others are willing to grind through and plan carefully, and let it take a little longer to get where they want to be.

I think that expecting anywhere from half to the majority of the legendaries to be attainable without relatively large sums of money is unreasonable, to be honest.

There should always be something to work towards.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

It is within the realm of possibility that I will be a couple of Super Rare-Super Rares, one Fierce Guinan and one Colonel Worf shy of being a member of the 4,3,2,1 club within 6 months, even with new Super Rares. What then?

What's the 4,3,2,1 club?
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • edited April 2018

What's the 4,3,2,1 club?

The 3,2,1 club is when you have immortalized all Common to Rare crew members.
    Just add the Super-Rares to that list and you have the 4,3,2,1 club.
    Especially given the Voyage Super-rares, I don't know if anyone actually is a member of the 4,3,2,1 club.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the 4,3,2,1 club?

Especially given the Voyage Super-rares, I don't know if anyone actually is a member of the 4,3,2,1 club.

I feel fairly certain that there are at least one or two members. This Sisko from FF probably is.

One of my fleetmates is close, but does not have all of the voyage exclusives, last I knew.

@Althea Biermont might be, since I know he has the voyage exclusives.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the 4,3,2,1 club?

I see. Thx. I'm not a member of any of those clubs . . . yet. Before collections, I just didn't see much point in immortalizing anyone from common/uncommon/rare as they weren't useful after at a certain point. Just took up needed crew slots. Now I'm starting to work on getting them all. But I think it would take a lot of time and $ to collect every single super rare.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

What's the 4,3,2,1 club?

I feel fairly certain that there are at least one or two members. This Sisko from FF probably is.

One of my fleetmates is close, but does not have all of the voyage exclusives, last I knew.

@Althea Biermont might be, since I know he has the voyage exclusives.

Nope. Close. I have all the non-Voyage purples in the premium portal FF but not willing to spend the Honor on a 4* citation. So have all the purples, just not FF on Voyage crew
  • So if we adjust the numbers above to reflect that the first star is "free," we can cite the entire uncommon collection for less than 1 5* citation and the entire rare collection for less than 4 FF 5* (624k honor vs 800k honor.) How does this cost compare to other card collecting mobile games? Are the 5* too expensive/out of reach or the other cards too cheap/easy? What is a reasonable price to pay to complete a 5* card?
  • Anybody else see something strange about this?
    This really means:

875 Legendary stars at 50,000 honor or 43,750,000 honor
    840 Super Rare stars at 18,000 honor or 15,120,000 honor
    216 Rare stars at 4500 honor or 972,000 honor
    86 Uncommon stars at 500 or 43,000 honor

Chew on that one.
    There are more Legendaries than Commons - Rares combined.

When is DB going to give us some high probability opportunities to back-fill some of these 1-2 * Legendaries? Especially since some of the Collections rely on you owning Immortal Legendaries AND they keep introducing new legendaries into the Collections?

Sorry, I never needed more than 100k honor to inmortalize a few Super Rare crew, I get tem from events, voyages, portals, etc., the only thing is patience here, also, I got Gand Nagus Zek on both of my profiles, without any problem, the first instance on my secondary profile and the third instance on my main profile, I know, it's SLOOOOOWWWWW, but can be done, and in the meantime honor can be used on MED, ENG or SCI legendaries that are needed/useful. Legendaries are the most powerful crew on the game, it's ok they are more now, and what would you want Comon-Rare crew? We all hold around 10 for everyday Cadet Missions and to populate PvP battles.
  • Capt AjammCapt Ajamm ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I'd like to see some way of aging the older legendaries that significantly increases their drop rates. Power creep makes it much less desirable to citation these older cards sitting at 1-2*.

Implement some kind of system where after so much time since its release it drops closer to say half the rate of super rares in regular packs.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I think they could address this with a little action on the duplicate beholds. Give you an honor option that is 50% of the cost of an equivalent level citation. You would sell a lot more packs DB. I generally skip event packs because I have too high a chance of getting nothing but honor and schematics.
  • This seems common pattern with many mobile games have more legendary/super rares than rares/common/uncommon. After all that’s how developer make money.

OTOH that could be the turning point where no one can keep up except 1% population (or even less) and the game died
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I’d like to see more events with previous 5 crew and less bad new ones. Even mega events could have more previous crew. Unless more slots are given churning out new crew is pointless. I cant vault them fast enough with galaxy events being the most done event type. Equipment isn’t replenished fast enough and with the voyages nerf chrons and replicator rations are nothing like before. I don’t care what was claimed it’s been changed for the worse. For me it’s better to just use these types of events for the community rewards and the extra five star and bow out and save what I have for leveling. The horrible Honor exchange rate is something that will probably never be fixed so it isn’t the solution either.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • It's super rare because it's the most abundant kind of card available. LOL Obviously.
  • Test.