Home Strange New Worlds
Options

Inhumans star has been cast in key role for S2 of Star Trek Discovery [SPOILERS WITHIN]

Spoilers will abound in this thread, so get out now if you haven't caught up on the first season of Discovery, or if you don't want to know what's coming...

~a little space for people who didn't want to know but clicked anyway despite the warning in the subject header~

~you sure you want to continue?~

~okay, don't say I didn't warn you — no spoiler tags will be used in this post, nor expected in reply posts~

5nf5hvdxdk82.jpg

In the season one finale of Discovery, we saw the Enterprise come into view in the final minutes. In that era, the ship would have been captained by Christopher Pike, and would've also included Spock and Number One.

In a thread back in February, I came up with a few suggestions for who might be interesting choices to play those characters. But I think that Mount also fits that bill, though I thought Inhumans was terrible, and didn't watch *H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks* On Wheels. What do you think?

Here's a bit more from io9:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/inhumans-star-anson-mount-will-play-captain-pike-on-sta-1825109411

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

Comments

• Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the multiple spoiler warnings, because I couldn't resist clicking. After the first three I finally took the hint and stopped reading. :p
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magisse wrote: »
    I appreciate the multiple spoiler warnings, because I couldn't resist clicking. After the first three I finally took the hint and stopped reading. :p

Well then, since you aren't going to see this reply... let's all make fun of Magisse!

TyY9Qur.gif

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Inhumans would have been better off as a movie like they had originally intended. Some of the actors did their best, but it was a hard series to keep going.

That being said, I'd prefer an the Inhumans to hookup with SHIELD at some point, as I think those writers could use them as supporting cast effectively.

Mount will do well as Pike... the fact he could do what he did in Inhumans without speaking showed some range.

I just hope if SHIELD wants to go that direction that they aren't precluded from getting him back for a lil Black Bolt appearance by Discovery.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Magisse wrote: »

Well then, since you aren't going to see this reply... let's all make fun of Magisse!

TyY9Qur.gif

Read it. >:)
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another bit of casting news — this one rather curious, imo: stand-up comic Tig Notaro has been cast as a Chief Engineer on the Federation ship Hiawatha.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/tig-notaro-is-boarding-star-trek-discovery-1825180999

kyscko5y4y1m.jpg

• Options
    AstrometricsAstrometrics ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    In the meantime, somewhere out there, someone is seeping with anger and disgust knowing that, while there are so many good American Civil War generals (or something) that don't have a Starfleet starship named after themselves, the social justice writers of Discovery went with a Native American chief.

But these are very good news.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Calling Hiawatha a "Native American chief" is a bit like calling Dr. Martin Luther King Jr a "minister": technically true, but not really related to his importance.
  • Options
    SpyOne wrote: »
    Calling Hiawatha a "Native American chief" is a bit like calling Dr. Martin Luther King Jr a "minister": technically true, but not really related to his importance.

That was hardly the point, but you are right.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A couple of comparison pics — Jeffrey Hunter ≈ Anson Mount…

lomo9w2kxd7c.jpg

d4ls2rfetsz1.jpg

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And as for Spock? So far, we only know about a young version of him:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/a-young-spock-will-appear-in-star-trek-discovery-seaso-1825277277

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Also dropping this article here, because although it isn't a perfect fit for the subject, I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it. ;)

Some fans mentioned disappointment that Enterprise looked too different from the classic look. Well, turns out there was a legal reason for that:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/star-trek-discoverys-version-of-the-enterprise-had-to-1825276401

EDIT: Okay, now it appears this was never true.
    http://trekcore.com/blog/2018/04/enterprise-redesign-for-star-trek-discover-creative-not-legal/

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging yet another semi-related post onto this thread rather than creating a new one. Discovery will apparently bring back TOS-style uniforms in season 2, according to a behind-the-scenes teaser:

https://www.inverse.com/article/44206-star-trek-discovery-season-2-enterprise-uniforms

• Options
    ShadowconmasterShadowconmaster ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    How do you delete posts... my 2 year old apparently posted
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha — you can't delete posts. But you can edit them. So you can replace the "cat walking across your keyboard" gibberish with a Star Trek gif or something. :D

mAqq3fr.gif

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

You can report your posts and/or contact me ;)
    Taken care of.