Home Make It So!

Democratic Q&A suggestion.

[STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Make It So!
A lot of players are casting doubts on the new Q&A based off how previous ones were handled. I have a couple suggestions that would address those doubts

1. Players submit as many questions as they like. Each multifaceted question is seperated by DB into individual questions duplicates would be discarded. This may take a week or two after they stop receiving questions. All Questions would be listed for players to vote on. Each player gets up to 30 votes. The 30 questions with the most votes get answered. The active poll numbers are displayed for transparency.

2. DB picks all the hard volatile questions during this session and gives very thorough complete and satisfactory answers. This may begin to restore trust. It might also help to answer more questions than the usual amount too.

I understand that it is too late to implement #1
STAR TREK JUNKIES

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have an issue with this game. I can ask 20 different questions about this issue, all phrased differently. Some of them will be obtuse, phrased like they have no major bearing on the main issue.

Should DB sift through my 20 questions, or work on the game.

DB is a company, wanting to make a profit. It does not have time for the problem customers, it is not a democracy.
  • [STJ] Wendell[STJ] Wendell ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This was really just a suggestion if DB is interested in maintaining positive PR. I imagine that happy customers are more inclined to spend, and many people on the forums are heavy spenders, so I would think that they would care. That’s just me though, who knows?
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • I agree with you Wendell. The problem solvers aren't the people answering the questions and it doesn't take that long
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you Wendell. The problem solvers aren't the people answering the questions and it doesn't take that long

This--- really this. If they have coders sifting through the questions, DB has deeper issues.

• All Questions would be listed for players to vote on. Each player gets up to 30 votes. The 30 questions with the most votes get answered. The active poll numbers are displayed for transparency.

Let me tell you what will happen. Someone will remember that DB owns the forums and then they will start screaming that the numbers are not the actual votes but that DB is fake-voting the answers so that they can pretend they are being transparent - while in actuality they are just selecting the questions they want to answer, and leaving no space to questions they don't like.

And since being hysterical is the modus operandi of these forums, soon "a lot of players will be casting doubts on the new Q&A based off how previous ones were handled". Accusing DB of rigging the vote. Whatever DB will do - deny or ignore - will be met with further accusations - either of always lying "as they always do", or of ignoring the question "as they always do".

No trust would be rebuilt. The hysterical people would just end up being more hysterical because at this point anything DB does is immediately interpreted in the worse possible light.

Yeah, I really think that this would happen. These are the forums where "are we really going to receive the Legendary 500th crew (because the wording was slightly vague)" was considered serious instead of being considered ridiculous.
    "Dance with me. For science."