Home Engineering Room

A Small Oddity About La Forge

I was recently watching First Contact again and I just happen to take a good look at La Forge onscreen. Something about his appearance seemed “off” to me. I got to thinking about it, and I realized it wasn’t the appearance of La Forge in the movie that was off, but rather his likeness from the game. So I took a look again at Lt. Commander La Forge (5 * crew of the same name) as well as his description in the Timelines Wiki. I made sure that crew was suppose to represent Geordi from the movie First Contact and it does. What I realized was “off” about it all was that the Geordi in the game has facial hair and the Geordi in the movie does not.

It’s a really small, inconsequential thing but it’s there nonetheless. Geordi has a mustache and goatee but shouldn’t. I’m not sure this COULD be rectified or even if it should. I just thought I’d point this out because it’s just something that was niggling at me, like a stone in a shoe, so I had to tell someone about it. That’s all.
Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

Comments

• <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was recently watching First Contact again and I just happen to take a good look at La Forge onscreen. Something about his appearance seemed “off” to me. I got to thinking about it, and I realized it wasn’t the appearance of La Forge in the movie that was off, but rather his likeness from the game. So I took a look again at Lt. Commander La Forge (5 * crew of the same name) as well as his description in the Timelines Wiki. I made sure that crew was suppose to represent Geordi from the movie First Contact and it does. What I realized was “off” about it all was that the Geordi in the game has facial hair and the Geordi in the movie does not.

It’s a really small, inconsequential thing but it’s there nonetheless. Geordi has a mustache and goatee but shouldn’t. I’m not sure this COULD be rectified or even if it should. I just thought I’d point this out because it’s just something that was niggling at me, like a stone in a shoe, so I had to tell someone about it. That’s all.

The Wiki is player run and edited, and does not always necessarily reflect what DB intended the crew to be based on.

Personally, I thought the scene was from TNG's All Good Things...

cbc12p2htfkg.jpeg
  • Zann Calcore (ISA)Zann Calcore (ISA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

The Wiki is player run and edited, and does not always necessarily reflect what DB intended the crew to be based on.

cbc12p2htfkg.jpeg

The Wiki is correct. I compared the picture of Geordi’s character to one from First Contact. He’s wearing the same clothing; the only real difference is his beard. It’s possible he was wearing the same or a very similar outfit in some other episode or movie but I find that unlikely.

These kinds of things happen. I’m sure someone just forgot that he wasn’t bearded in that movie is all. Who knows. Like I said, it’s not actually an important issue, just something that was weird to me.

I went and found some images so I could show them as a comparison. You can all make your own decisions.

pu4hd73gnrjn.jpeg
    jvgs6lc5idwx.jpeg
    p7aulcn9aa3j.jpeg
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

cbc12p2htfkg.jpeg

The Wiki is correct. I compared the picture of Geordi’s character to one from First Contact. He’s wearing the same clothing; the only real difference is his beard. It’s possible he was wearing the same or a very similar outfit in some other episode or movie but I find that unlikely.

These kinds of things happen. I’m sure someone just forgot that he wasn’t bearded in that movie is all. Who knows. Like I said, it’s not actually an important issue, just something that was weird to me.

I went and found some images so I could show them as a comparison. You can all make your own decisions.

pu4hd73gnrjn.jpeg
    jvgs6lc5idwx.jpeg
    p7aulcn9aa3j.jpeg

Why did I think that part of your post mentioned Captain La Forge?

Um, ignore me? (:
  • I was recently watching First Contact again and I just happen to take a good look at La Forge onscreen. Something about his appearance seemed “off” to me. I got to thinking about it, and I realized it wasn’t the appearance of La Forge in the movie that was off, but rather his likeness from the game. So I took a look again at Lt. Commander La Forge (5 * crew of the same name) as well as his description in the Timelines Wiki. I made sure that crew was suppose to represent Geordi from the movie First Contact and it does. What I realized was “off” about it all was that the Geordi in the game has facial hair and the Geordi in the movie does not.

cbc12p2htfkg.jpeg

pu4hd73gnrjn.jpeg
    jvgs6lc5idwx.jpeg
    p7aulcn9aa3j.jpeg

Why did I think that part of your post mentioned Captain La Forge?

Um, ignore me? (:

Lol.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's gunna be fixified, who knows. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")