Home Ready Room
Options

Rank Voyages-Only Crew

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
How would you rank the Voyages-only crew, best to worst? What are your criteria? Or are they all Freezer Fodder?

Fierce Guinan, Colonel Worf, Lucien, The Clown, Jannar and Thot Gor?
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Options
    All of them instant airlock. Does not worh 54k honor per crew at all.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    All two-skill ones are useless. Clown can find place on my Voyages... if I had like 20 more crew slots. Same with Jannar. Both can find place on shuttles off-voyage Right now if I'll citate them - then they'll go to freezer. Lucien is Com/Dip/Sci which means useless, especially with his stats.

So they are freezer-fodder or place-stealers right now.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look closely out the left side the Starship, you can see all 4 of mine floating by..........
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Actually just checked (Surak not included in calculations yet, but he'll move by one place at most)... for me FFFE Jannar is just plain best character to fit in any slot on Dip/Sci or Sci/Dip voyage (with Surak pretty sure would be second, but still first for Eng slot) and second best on Dip/Eng (with first on Sci slot). And not that bad for Eng/Dip one, especially for Sci slot.

And suddenly I have to rethink my priorities of using honor...

PS. Clown have some things going for him, but not THAT many. So lv1 for him in foreseable (like next year at least) future.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jannar and Lucien worth it if you need decent voyage crew (possibly Thot Gor) the rest pretty abysmal for the pain and suffering it causes.

However by the time you get the citations to FF them, there will probably be better crew to have. so how do I rank them? not particularly highly. So in order of preference I would order them thus:
    Jannar
    Lucien
    Thot Gor
    The Clown
    Colonel Worf/Fierce Guinan - tied bottom.

EDIT - So far I have only unlocked Lucien fortuitously for me as my slots are maxed out.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT - So far I have only unlocked Lucien fortuitously for me as my slots are maxed out.

For anyone who doesn't want the voyage only crew, simply don't choose the dilemma paths that reward them.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jannar and Lucien worth it if you need decent voyage crew (possibly Thot Gor) the rest pretty abysmal for the pain and suffering it causes.
    Sum of stats is not everything. Thot Gor is Com/Dip/Sec - and there are OH SO MANY C/D/S that it's not funny and he's bad off-voyage.

Lucien is Com/Dip/Sci which is not much better and he's also awful off-voyage with his shuttle stats.

Jannar is Dip/Eng/Sci which is not exactly common so he's good even with tertiary Eng. Both Dip and Sci are in tolerable range for shuttles with limited crew.

Clown is Sec/Dip/Eng which is also uncommon, have Eng as high secondary and his Sec is shuttle-contender even on Sec-heavy crew unless you are overflowing with Sec 5/5. I currently have three better base Sec characters on active crew and two of those are Picard and T'Kuvma. Not enough reason to throw honor on him instead of Kahless or Guinan, but high up there after that.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best are Jannar and The Clown for me, then Lucy and last Thot Gore. Obviously, Fearce Guinan and Cornel Woof are out of cumpetition cuz only 2 skillz. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    al103 wrote: »
    Sum of stats is not everything. Thot Gor is Com/Dip/Sec - and there are OH SO MANY C/D/S that it's not funny and he's bad off-voyage.

Lucien is Com/Dip/Sci which is not much better and he's also awful off-voyage with his shuttle stats.

Jannar is Dip/Eng/Sci which is not exactly common so he's good even with tertiary Eng. Both Dip and Sci are in tolerable range for shuttles with limited crew.

Clown is Sec/Dip/Eng which is also uncommon, have Eng as high secondary and his Sec is shuttle-contender even on Sec-heavy crew unless you are overflowing with Sec 5/5. I currently have three better base Sec characters on active crew and two of those are Picard and T'Kuvma. Not enough reason to throw honor on him instead of Kahless or Guinan, but high up there after that.

The Clown's ENG and DIP are disappointing for me Klingon O'Brien for me is far more useful, and probably Time Loop Mudd. The Security is only his positive but there are easier if not better options.

Lucien's Dip and Science is high for a purple but admittedly with Surak comming into the game his value diminishes.

The reason i like Jannar the most however is because he bolsters both ENG and SCI not because he has the highest points total, plus he is Xindi.

My general point still stands though they are pretty much not worth the pain because you have to
    a) take time to unlock them, b) wait over a month if to get the honor required to FF - Factor in power creep and then rate them.

Admittedly I do focus more on voyage crew at the moment than shuttles but that's just me at the end of the day RNG is going to pick whether I succeed or fail on a shuttle mission, not much point focussing too hard on it and for a faction event well the focus is mainly on bonus crew in any case. Also shuttles is not determined only by base stats (so there is no reason to suggest that proficiency couldn't count for something).
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

For anyone who doesn't want the voyage only crew, simply don't choose the dilemma paths that reward them.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas

I didn't say I didn't want them, given I run voyages on own steam it would be foolish not to try and unlock them.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Relative to how quickly Honor can be accumulated, as well as the available options for using it, I think spending 54,000 Honor to Immortalize the Voyages only Crew is a worthwhile choice; thus far I have done so with 3 of them, and look forward to hopefully acquiring more of these characters.

As for their utility, a few items that have not been mentioned yet in this thread:
    - both Jannar and Thot Gor are part of the existing New Life and New Civilizations Collection
    - Colonel Worf is part of the existing To Boldly Go Collection
    - Thot Gor can be useful in the Captain Division of the Arena; I personally used him to help me get a # 1 Rank once

Of course we do not know with certainty whether additional Collections will be added to the game, as well as which Traits they may require, but I suspect there is a good chance that we will see additional Collections usefulness from the Voyages only Crew.
    Bottom line is, if you considering 'Collecting' to be an important part of your gameplay, then you should seriously consider keeping all of these when you are lucky enough to get them.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't say I didn't want them, given I run voyages on own steam it would be foolish not to try and unlock them.

My comment wasn't meant just for you, but I suppose I misunderstood. It sounded like you were saying you were fortunate to have only acquired one, suggesting you didn't want them.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Dralix wrote: »

My comment wasn't meant just for you, but I suppose I misunderstood. It sounded like you were saying you were fortunate to have only acquired one, suggesting you didn't want them.

No i'm just in a position of full slots and would have to space another 1/4 rare in order to keep them.
    The slots situation is becoming very infuriating.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    In terms of "voyage score" they rank:
    1. Jannar (2653, #178 overall)
    2. The Clown (2602, #180 overall)
    3. Lucien (2523, #199 overall)
    4. Thot Gor (2405, #235 overall)
    5. Fierce Guinan (2094, #311 overall)
    6. Colonel Worf (2013, #325 overall)

If I bothered to fuse them up, I think both Jannar and The Clown would see an occasional slot on a voyage if the skills lined up right.
  • Options
    Lucien is the only one I don't have.
    I have Col Worf FF, but he rarely gets used. Every now and than a shuttle mission but that is about it.

When fully fused bother Thor Gor and The Clown are some of the best crew for arena ....
    So I guess it depends on what you look for in that crew ...
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to add that if you toss them and later want them for a collection or a nose or whatever, you are lost. Toss a non-exclusive crew; you can get them back.