Home The Bridge

Arena battles are earned not played.

One of the daily missions for earning Honor is to complete 5 arena battles, however when I move up in rank the opponents become increasingly challenging and it is more difficult to earn schematics for my ships and find 5* crew.

When I get 5 victories in arena, I am grateful and accept my Honor as a reward, however when I lose I find it pathetic and because of this I refuse my defeat and sacrifice my arena tickets. I believe defeat is not an option and my arena battles should be earned if I want to collect bonus Honor.

I complete almost all of my daily missions but I leave the arena mission incomplete because I have not earned my victories therefore I do not deserve it.

Comments

• I consider it a hamster wheel reward. Inside top 1k if you're not using a cloak it's a craps shoot anyway. And if you are, you're an attractive target for certain combos.

I'll throw the dice 5 times, take the house payout and move along.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck, anywhere in the top 5% of Admiral division, it can be hard to win more than 50% of your battles, unless you've got the perfect crew — and even then you still need a bit of luck.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is even more futile from europe to finish in the top 1 %. I went to sleep in 10th and woke up with only 100 schematics. If it wasn't for the discovery I would have not bothered and just let my five tickets be blown up
    DB: Do Better
  • I am in Europe too. You have two choices, stand up early and play some battles in the morning. Or make your ship unattractive to attack. I park my ship usually with at least 2 blue crewmembers with high numbers and in 90% i stands untouched in the next morning, sometimes over a few days.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never battle a cloak capable ship. Still I lose at least 75% of the time but I will say that I have ranked 1st in admiral with the D’Kora Krayton. (May not be spelled right)
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    pieman247 wrote: »
    I complete almost all of my daily missions but I leave the arena mission incomplete because I have not earned my victories therefore I do not deserve it.

I assume you are still collecting your 200 daily Honor though, correct?
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    izausome wrote: »
    I usually just start a battle and set my phone down for the 15 secs it takes to lose....

Arena is stale and boring. You dont want your credits/honor i guess you can play how you want, but requiring 5 wins would be very lame.

I'd take it a step further, it would penalize new players.

And we know about the high level of tension created with the Voyage Dilemma thing--- this would make that look like a tea party.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would only like the "5 wins" if it also counted defensive wins as well.

That said, I think it would be an awful change.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given The difficulty, if that were a requirement I think they'd have to give out more arena tickets per day. -- losing for a while & picking The Target on The left in The three choice selector to keep rank down would also be a common situation.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    I hoping to finish Discovery soon...I’m always dancing around #1900
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the ISS Enterprise, and I typically don’t care which ship I battle provided it does not have T’Kuvma on it. Bless the “Never keep a Disco crew” folks, because I have found the cloak is navigable with evasion, but T’Kuvma is almost a guaranteed insta death at 10 seconds.
  • Secret JourneySecret Journey ✭✭✭✭
    Torias327 wrote: »
    I use the ISS Enterprise, and I typically don’t care which ship I battle provided it does not have T’Kuvma on it. Bless the “Never keep a Disco crew” folks, because I have found the cloak is navigable with evasion, but T’Kuvma is almost a guaranteed insta death at 10 seconds.

Excellent point. I have him immortalled on my crew and I still avoid other ships with him onboard
    DB = Climbing up an endless wall...
  • Honorable combat has no place in a game that revolves around rolling dice to decide everything on an arbitrary basis. Just take your measly daily reward and move on with life and save your energy for the battles that matter.
  • pieman247 wrote: »

The forums do recognize that you feel that way.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much trouble in the Admiral Division. Most people are overly reliant on T'Kuvma and tend not to think about who should go with him. If I feel like spending the time I can place #1 easily.

Captain and Commander division are more troublesome. I don't bother much with Commander. As long as I'm sub-10k I'm fine. I haven't found a good all alien lady crew and don't want to spare more crew space for it. Captain is more troublesome. I can finish #1 here but beating a Borg Sphere regularly with a D'deridex is not easy.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I've had days where I don't even play the arena. I just run the ticket and let it go. I don't even try to win. I collect my honor with no shame when I do that.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

It's funny how different ships, crew setups and strategies can alter game play. I actively look for ships with T'Kuvma on them because I can time my cloak to completely negate him. Plus, I then typically get to attack after the defensive evasion wears off, doing so for 12 seconds with +9 attack @ +20% speed @ 200% x attack.
  • Webberoni wrote: »

It's funny how different ships, crew setups and strategies can alter game play. I actively look for ships with T'Kuvma on them because I can time my cloak to completely negate him. Plus, I then typically get to attack after the defensive evasion wears off, doing so for 12 seconds with +9 attack @ +20% speed @ 200% x attack.

I, also, actively seek out ships with T'Kuvma on them. It doesn't matter if it's a Borg Cube or I.S.S. Enterprise or any other ship because he's sooooo easy to defeat. Two T'Kuvma's on a ship must be better then, right? Just as easy to defeat!
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink Bebe wrote: »
    Webberoni wrote: »

I, also, actively seek out ships with T'Kuvma on them. It doesn't matter if it's a Borg Cube or I.S.S. Enterprise or any other ship because he's sooooo easy to defeat. Two T'Kuvma's on a ship must be better then, right? Just as easy to defeat!

It all comes down to how your crew matches up, the timing of when they are used, and the overlap of complimentary skill/trait boosts. Just as my setup makes T'Kuvma an easier adversary for me, I'm sure there are ship/crew combinations I struggle with that others would consider favorable.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    You learn more from failure than success.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been triple crowned in arena more times than I can count. I don't even try for it anymore and it still happens sometimes. Oddly enough, Commander division is the one that gives me the most grief. I really wish there was more usable variety in that division. But yeah, I pick off T'kuvmas left and right.
  • pieman247pieman247 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    T’kuvma is disgusting, every time I see his face I want to punch him in his stupid broken nose. He deserves to be nerfed and/or needs a crew member who’s just as overpowered to counter him. Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    T’kuvma is disgusting, every time I see his face I want to punch him in his stupid broken nose. He deserves to be nerfed and/or needs a crew member who’s just as overpowered to counter him. Unnecessary comment removed. ˜Shan
    For me T'Kuvma is rarely problem. It's those high rating blues that give 8+ seconds of "lol NOPE no hits here" that are problem.
  • I can't stand Undercover O'Brien...for some odd reason even though he boosts evasion by +7 only (and my accuracy is 4 points higher than the opponents ship with O'Brien activated) my hits just keep missing and theirs just deal a ton of damage!!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Umm he's already dead......