Home The Bridge

The Drop Rate of Holoemitters Needs to be Drastically Increased

Hi all,

Rather than cosign on a few threads here and there about this issue I decided it's time for a fresh post about this topic. Looking at my Starbase I see everything maxed on all rooms except Holoemitters. 4 rooms that need 20k each.

To put things in perspective the drop rate for them episode 7 hounded is around 12 per run for 24 chrons. Doing a 10 warp for episode 1 logical response 40 chrons nets 11-16. This is abysmal.

My recommendation is that the drop rate should be changed closer to that of tritanium. I know other fleets have maxed their starbases and I applaud them for that. For us that have not I am sure we can all agree that Holoemitters are the Mega Stall parts holding us back.

Rather than rushing out new Starbase rooms I would like to see this changed. It would bring more parity between fleets on the Starbase front.

Comments

• [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind a bottleneck since it is something to strive for. I really mind that there is no other place to put the other components so that we can't get the 100 chrons/day anymore. That said, if the solution is more rooms that have the same bottleneck, it doesn't help too much.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my fleet has everything else mainly filled cept for 75000 total holoemitters needed for our rooms. Upgrade is slow.
    Let’s fly!
  • they don't want you to finish quickly. It does seem strange that they decided to bottleneck one item rather than make them all a little more rare, but the result is basically the same except that you have more replicator mats this way.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...Looking at my Starbase...
    Well aren't we possessive. ;)
    Still agree with your point though.

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    19kp69u0yjsx.jpg

Today was the day for us. Value your bottleneck
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Today was the day for us. Value your bottleneck

50 people donating 20 Emitters each are not exactly Chron-providing...
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious who was the first fleet to do it. Also holoemitters were not that bad. I just focused on ship missions even when an away team missions had better drop rates. Rip free chronitons
  • My worry is that instead of balancing the system they will rush out new rooms to meet the demand and rake dil from the fleets that are super motivated and willing to pay up to speed rooms.

This punishes smaller and more casual guilds. While the tryhards complain I got no more free chrons at a certain point with this bottleneck us common folk are lucky to get 20 chrons a day grinding here and there.

What happens when the free chrons are gone again and they have +15 levels of rooms higher than 80% of other fleets? Because I can tell you right now those guilds are pre farming Starbase components and will shoot through rooms like a formula 1 race when they are released.

I think this is a bad bottleneck that will ultimately disrupt parity between players of similar character levels ie have same ff fe legends. All I want is a fair chance to catch up without having to change the culture and focus of my fleet.
  • Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    Curious who was the first fleet to do it. Also holoemitters were not that bad. I just focused on ship missions even when an away team missions had better drop rates. Rip free chronitons

Perhaps you are. My fleet (SoS) is still a day or two away from finishing.