Home Ready Room
Options

Legendary Citation Advice needed, not Urgent though.

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Ready Room
I'm working on my third star on Guinan so I'm looking to who the next project shall be.
In Portal 1/5*
Admiral Nachayev 100
Dark Ages McCoy 100
Mintaken Riker 80
Gangster Kirk 70
Maquis Tuvok 60
Jazz Odo 50
Bashir, Julian Bashir 40
The Professor Moriarty 30
Kal-if-fee Kirk 30
Benny Russell 30
Commander Kira Nerys 20
Will Scarlet MSG

Not in Portal 1/5*
Suus Mahna Sarek 100
Mariachi Q 80

Immortals
M Picard, Cornwell, Surak (TBC already at 3/5).

I was thinking things would be simple and I would work on Gangster Kirk after Guinan. Then the muck hit the fan and I got Nerys, who ranks slightly higher for voyages, then Tuvok dropped a few days later and then my mind wanders to The Professor. Then my mind goes back to MED as it is still lowish compared to others. For Example a MED Dip voyage I can get 9k for Dip but only 5-6k for MED top end seriously compromises the other skills. But I have also noticed despite having Mirror Picard CMD can equally be low, and I've noticed I have a lot of secondary or tertiary traits but not many Primary for CMD.

So any advice would be nice and welcome.
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    The problem (or maybe the point as it may be) with voyages is that it tends to distort your skill needs because of the proficiency usage. I try not to think about what I need specifically for voyages as it changes with each voyage because of the rotating featured skills. Therefore, my advice would be to go with the crew that can do the most damage, which are most always going to be legendaries with the most stars. Since all of the crew on your list is 1/5*. I'd go with Kira because she (in my opinion) is the most useful of the group.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    None of those crew really jump out, to me, as good contenders for citations. You have some time, still, so I would just continuing your normal leveling process and wait for someone else to come along.

Gun to my head, I would pick Dark Ages McCoy out of that group. Without looking to verify all of the others, I do know he's one of the higher-ranking characters in the voyage department, plus MED is one of the harder skills to fill, plus he is main cast so he'll be used in future events.
  • Options
    Assuming you don't just want to save to make future mega event 4/5s into 5/5s.

Nerys is good for both voyages and shuttles. The Professor has a good mix of skills. That's who stands out to me at least.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think of who to cite I do think of Voyages. My decision is based on what skill combo I could use the best boost in, for instance right now I am weak in COM/SCI and COM/MED
  • Options
    Assuming you don't just want to save to make future mega event 4/5s into 5/5s.

Nerys is good for both voyages and shuttles. The Professor has a good mix of skills. That's who stands out to me at least.

I'm always up for citing the last star on a mega event legendary it's the "easiest" way to get an immortal never to be passed up IMO, it does depend how good that legendary is though I'm hoping to FF Guinan before next mega but it will be tight.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just my personal approach, but I don't add citations to anyone (other than the mega-5*) that isn't already at level 100 FE. I figure they don't deserve the star until they're already maxed. That silliness aside, you get a better idea of how much they might benefit from that star by seeing them side-by-side with your existing top crew. Sure, you can look up their numbers on the wiki and do the math (I do plenty of this), but I still find it's easier to project who might be worthy when their faces are sitting next to each other on the selection screens.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    but I still find it's easier to project who might be worthy when their faces are sitting next to each other on the selection screens.

Unfortunately this is the thing that got me in trouble in the first place - most of my legendaries are potential bonus crew with exception to Nechayev, the Professor and Guinan. I think Nerys might be a shrewd move as that will lead me to being able to put a few more purple on Ice probably.
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Out of those 1/5's the only one that jumps out for me is DA McCoy- with citations he's got great Med and Sec scores for Voyages with useful bonus traits too. I have him immortalised and he's basically a permanent member of my Voyages.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Just thought I would update this a little, not much has changed (surprise, surprise) but a few things have led me to re-evaluate a bit.

Firstly Guinan is up to 4/5 now, and thanks to the falcon falls pack:

In Portal 2/5*
    Mintaken Riker 100 FE

In Portal 1/5*
    Admiral Nachayev 100 FE
    Dark Ages McCoy 100 FE
    Maquis Tuvik 100 FE
    Commander Kira 100 FE
    EV Archer 100 FE
    Kal-if-fee Kirk 100 FE
    Gangster Kirk 70
    Bashir, Julian B. 70
    Jazz Odo 60
    Prof. Moriarty 40
    Benny Russell 40
    Frank Hollander 20
    Will Scarlet MSG

Not in Portal 1/5*
    Suus Mahna Sarek 100 FE
    Mariachi Q 100 FE
    The Caretaker 100 FE

Immortals
    M Picard, Cornwell, Surak, Bell Riots Bashir (TBC already at 3/5 FE).

With everything that has happened recently with shuttles it has led me to think about improving my shuttle crew somewhat here is a summary of my best options:

CMD
    Kira is ranked 3rd
    Archer 6th, Closely followed by Gangster Kirk 7th
    (Kira Seems to be best option here because she has very decent voyage score as well to my current crop of crew)

DIP
    Mariachi Q 25th
    Jazz Odo 30th
    (Mariachi Q has the benefit of not being in the portal but at 30th it might be worth holding out a bit longer)

SEC
    Maquis Tuvok 13th
    Sarek 25th
    Mintaken Riker 34th
    (Riker has a head start but is ranked lower, Sarek has the advantage of not being in portal, BUT Tuvok is significantly ranked higher)

ENG
    Caretaker 30th
    (Yup enough said about ENG or lack of it) - Could add some stars to him and could always work on a second one if I gave too many.

SCI
    Benny Russell 13th
    (Well he seems to be counted as a Sisko and Moriarty is much further down)

MED
    DA McCoy 12th
    Bashir, Bashir 15th
    (good options no denying but I already have Bell Riots, Guinan and Cornwell on the way to or already being immortalised)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benny Russell helps me lot.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Benny Russell helps me lot.

Yes I think there are 4 most realistic possibilities:
    Kira, Benny, Tuvok or Riker - although Riker maybe too low even though he is a star ahead.

Or I guess take another punt on honor begold
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Guinan is now immortalised!

So now i need to make a more firm decision as I may be able to squeeze a spare citation before the next mega event - or should it be a behold. I've done the numbers and I have 14 unlocked to 112 locked that are currently in the portal, so the odds on an honor behold aren't great, but it does open the opportunity to possibly adding a star or choosing something better.

I was for a while considering Bell Riots Jadzia as she is not in the portal but it will take many citations to make her ENG be of great use on a voyage, and I should edit for the record EV Archer is not in the portal and (pack only, if I am not mistaken) so he could be another contender.

I've updated my spreadsheet accordingly and put my thoughts in -feel free to agree or disagree / provide new insight.
    c6jr4aryqzb5.png
  • Options
    I would ignore Jazz Odo and Mariachi Q. I have both at 3/5* and both are nearly useless compared to the rest of my crew except occasional gauntlets, and they do just as well at 1/5. A lot of FF 4* have better base stats, and with 2 skills they aren't great for voyages either.

I would hold off on the caretaker (if I had him...) until he leaves the gauntlet.

I would probably just buy a behold because they're more fun, but I have started dreading the possibility of a all-FF behold, so I think I am finally going to start using my honor to buy the citations. I might only use them on someone I already have 3 or 4 stars on though.
  • Options
    Thanks Admiral Skizzy yes I've had Odo a while now and still haven't found the time to level him up, I managed to skip him in one behold but the next behold there was no other option other than to choose him.
    Definitely holding off after a shock second one after only three wins in a row, I'm definitely not going to cite him yet unless I am in a position to consider a second copy of him as I found he wasn't too bad to take to 100. I have to say I am very tempted by the lure of a behold and perhaps after 4 citations on Guinan it might be worth a refreshing change.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    MED
    DA McCoy 12th
    Bashir, Bashir 15th
    (good options no denying but I already have Bell Riots, Guinan and Cornwell on the way to or already being immortalised)

You have 3 good options for MED/SEC/DIP but there's nothing with being super stacked in a particular skill set. One nice thing about McCoy is that he's well-rounded and has better SEC than the other three. He gets fairly high use in a Voyage for me even though I have 5/5 BellBashir and 4/5 Guinan and 4/5 Cornwell. I should note that of my 5* Immortals, he was the only one who did not require any citations.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals