Home Ready Room

Citation for Barak? Spock?

I finished leveling my 3/4* Barak from Gates of Hell He's been one of my priorities lately since even at 3/4 he's my second best CMD for shuttles. Of course, he'll be overtaken by T'Kuvma when I add a 3rd star next week, but his CMD is still quite good.
So I'm wondering if I should use a citation to give him his final star. It will raise both of his base stats by ~100 points. I don't really have any other immediate plans for my honor (I have Kahless), but it just seems like a lot of honor to throw at a single 4* character. I'm really thinking it's not worth it since it's not like I'm planning to vault him or anything, but is there some reason I should be giving this further consideration?

Somewhat related: I also have 1/3* Spock begging for honorable citations & have no idea when he might start dropping from the time portal. He's the only crew under 4* I haven't immortalized, and that's pretty much the reason i'm thinking about it since i'm not really low on space at the moment. Anyone else get less than 3 from the event in which he was featured then consider using citations to finish him? again, the cost of honor vs. what we can get in return seems somewhat...not great.

Comments

• He is firmly in the class of 'all base, no proficiency roll' characters. So he must be 4/4 to get all of his value. As your second best command crew? Worth it IMO.

Spock... Probably not. Assuming you don't use 3*s for anything.
  • Well, it costs the same amount to buy a citation for one 4* as any other 4*. Is Barak a better choice than any of your other 4*? Same question for Spock vs. your other 3*.
  • If you want to immortalize Spock over other characters then it makes sense to buy the other star. If you have other characters that are more a priority then it doesn't.
  • If you immortalize Spock, do you keep or freeze him? If you need a crew slot, get him immortalized and into the vault. As BSG stated above, Barak has no proficiency, so the 4th * on him is beneficial for missions and shuttles. Either way, another immortalized crew gets you one point closer to the next achievement which is 750 chrons.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you immortalize Spock, do you keep or freeze him? If you need a crew slot, get him immortalized and into the vault. As BSG stated above, Barak has no proficiency, so the 4th * on him is beneficial for missions and shuttles. Either way, another immortalized crew gets you one point closer to the next achievement which is 750 chrons.

750 dil right?

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I *only* buy citations for legendary characters, the SR characters come up so often youll probably pull him in a pack eventually. That said, if you need the space then I would only buy citations for 3/4* characters you intend to vault.

Jim
    DB: Do Better