Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyage only crew

Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in Engineering Room
DB, I am bringing this up because it could happen to someone, as it happened to me. A number of months ago I won Colonel Worf in the voyages, and I continued with the voyage. But unfortunately when I recalled it, I failed, and lost everything. Now, when I get to the dilemma for Captain Worf, it is not available. So how can this be fixed, and has anyone else experienced this? Thank you.

Trista

Comments

• Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a legitimate issue with a voyage only crew a while back. It wasn't the same, but similar. I put in a ticket and Support took care of it. The bad stories you read here notwithstanding, Support has always been good to me.
  • Options
    What do you mean "it is not availabe"? You are aware that you need to make the correct choices BEFORE you get to the dilemma that can reward you with Worf?
    Specifically, you MUST choose "Reveal their leader's true identity.", not "Allow the colonists to continue following her.". And you MUST choose "Give the Ventaxian a chance to flee.", not "Arrest all of the mercenaries for attacking the crew." (Although storywise it doesn't really semm to make sense - why would the woman help you after you revealed her fake identity?)
    See https://stt.wiki/wiki/Dilemmas
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean "it is not availabe"? You are aware that you need to make the correct choices BEFORE you get to the dilemma that can reward you with Worf?
    Specifically, you MUST choose "Reveal their leader's true identity.", not "Allow the colonists to continue following her.". And you MUST choose "Give the Ventaxian a chance to flee.", not "Arrest all of the mercenaries for attacking the crew." (Although storywise it doesn't really semm to make sense - why would the woman help you after you revealed her fake identity?)

Trista's the leader of a top fleet, I'd bet she's familiar with the appropriate voyage dilemma options. (:

Sometimes it won't let you pick a certain option on a voyage. Restarting is recommended if you think you should have gotten that option.

Though it's possible she means that she selected all of the correct options, and just didn't receive a Worf, and instead got a random 3* or something.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Trista's the leader of a top fleet, I'd bet she's familiar with the appropriate voyage dilemma options. (:

Sometimes it won't let you pick a certain option on a voyage. Restarting is recommended if you think you should have gotten that option.

Though it's possible she means that she selected all of the correct options, and just didn't receive a Worf, and instead got a random 3* or something.

Not that she can't answer for herself, but it seems obvious from her post that because she had previously chosen the correct dilemma choice which awarded her Col. Worf in a Voyage... that then failed upon its recall, the next time that final dilemma appeared, the option to acquire him was no longer available because she had already chosen it (regardless of the fact that she never actually got him, due to the fail).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    the next time that final dilemma appeared, the option to acquire him was no longer available because she had already chosen it
    Oh. My apologies, I wasn't aware of the fact that you can receive the special crew only ONCE. In that case you are right of course, and it should be obvious what she meant.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Yes, DB only allows the voyage only crew once. So my chance is gone for Col Worf until he is put into the loot. Thank you for your posts @Data1001 @[QH] WhiteClifford
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup its a maddening concept. What advantages are there to spend on an extra long voyage. You either dump or wait for their citation offer. Honor goes to 5 stars only.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder if DB would even be able to "re-enable" that dilemma choice for you, Trista. It does seem like you got cheated out of that, with a failed recall.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have created a bug ticket for this so we may look into it.
  • Options
    I wonder why dilemma crew members are available only once ?
    Why we should spent honor on 4* which are far from top flight 4* crew, as a suggestion after you got it from voyage they can start to be available trough time portal pulls
  • Options
    RogaDanarRogaDanar ✭✭✭
    The could make it 100% drop the first time and like 10% drop other times to make a way to fully fuse it without using honor.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dilemmas come up so rarely I'd suggest a 100% drop chance each time you get them.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Hello - is there any update on this? Are Voyage only crew still a 'one off' drop?
  • Options
    Yes, they should still be a one time crew. DB has not stated otherwise.
  • Options
    Trista got distracted, well we were chatting and...the timer went off and by the time she got back to the Voyage..I mean it can happen. Of course ya'll know I'm babbling and had too much Hot chocolate. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it. But yes I have had to relay to customer service and they have given everything lost on those type of Voyage guffaws. @Princess Trista 😂😂
  • Options
    Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I been thinking about the chances of getting any one of the Voyages Only Crew from Dilemmas. Please take this as theory only and correct me where I am wrong.

Assumption 1: only the first part of a multi part Dilemma comes up unless you have just had the previous part
    Assumption 2: each dilemma has an equal chance of coming up
    Assumption 3: if the first part of a multi part Dilemma occurs, it cannot occur again at the next Dilemma
    Assumption 4: the player makes the choices necessary to acquire Voyages Only Crew

We know there are 30 different Dilemmas of which 5 are multipart. This means each dilemma has a 1 in 30 chance of coming up. When you get the first part of a multi part dilemma this unlocks the second part, This does not increase the total number of Dilemmas available because part 1 cannot occur again.

So for a 2 part Dilemma like 'A Life Alone' (for Jannar) the chance of getting the special Voyages Only Crew is 1/(30*30) or 1 in 900.

For a 3 part Dilemma like 'Champion of the People' (for Colonel Worf) the chance of getting the special Voyages Only Crew is 1/(30*30*30) or 1 in 27,000.

This last result seems very high, so please correct me if my working out, or one of my assumptions, is wrong.

EDIT: I have also assumed that the Voyages Only Crew will be the prize whenever these choices are made, which is far from the truth. It seems that Chrons/Honour/2 Star Crew is by a long way the most likely result. This would suggest that a further factor of around 1 in 30 be applied to the above results.

Can anyone give an estimate of a particular outcome to any Dilemma?
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just leave this here...

n8qayntax4kl.jpg

I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Captain ZloggCaptain Zlogg ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    That seems to suggest that Voyages Only Crew DO come up more than once. This must be a very rare event, however. I estimate around 1 in 27,000 to get one Clown, so 1 in 729,000,000 for 2. No wonder we thought it was impossible.

I suggest you use Citations for the other 2 stars . . .