Home The Bridge

Awesome removed?

MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in The Bridge
I just went to give someone an "awesome" for a post I liked, only to find that the button is gone? True for everyone, or am I the only one no longer awesome? (Which would make me very sad.)
If, in fact, the feature was removed then please bring it back. Sure beats creating posts just to say "+1" or some such silliness.

Comments

• MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skizzy wrote: »
    +1
    Touché
  • They want you to pay for Awesome.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeesNutz wrote: »
    They want you to pay for Awesome.

So it seems. The one better feature of the forum, and it's removed.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They also removed the info on a user's profile that stated whether they had been flagged, and I assume the two are related.

But really DB, there must be a way to remove one and keep the other, so... can't we have our Awesomes back?

ro0t0bydm4wo.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    They also removed the info on a user's profile that stated whether they had been flagged, and I assume the two are related.

But really DB, there must be a way to remove one and keep the other, so... can't we have our Awesomes back?

ro0t0bydm4wo.jpg

If I could give you a awesome I would!
    DB: Do Better
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

ro0t0bydm4wo.jpg
    Perfect! :)
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammit, now I don't know how awesome I am. FIX IT.
  • I agree it's important. It makes us happy. Please fix it.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I agree it's important. It makes us happy. Please fix it.

I tried to "awesome" you but I COULDN'T.
  • At least give us a "thumbs up" feature.
  • I agree it's important. It makes us happy. Please fix it.
    Agreed.
  • Users unanimously want something that wouldn't cost DB anything. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
  • But if everyone "Awesome"s a post that looks bad for DB (like someone makes an excellent point about something that is broken) then that post shows up somewhere.

Might look bad for DB vs Desired by 100% of players = not gonna happen. Ever :disappointed:
    ~|~|~ Rise of the Phoenix member ~|~|~

Captain level 50, approaching 100 immortals

All you need to know about Disruptor Beam
  • What does an "awesome" button even mean?

It would be much better for every post to have a "thumb up" and "thumb down" option.
    That way, we can see instantly whether someone's post is reflective of several people, or if others just think they're talking rubbish.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »
    It would be much better for every post to have a "thumb up" and "thumb down" option.
    That way, we can see instantly whether someone's post is reflective of several people, or if others just think they're talking rubbish.
    Agree, having both would be better. But I'll be happy with at least reinstating what we already had.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xanathar wrote: »

Eh, I feel like the idea of the "thumbs down" button on discussion boards is outdated. Plus, voting a comment down pretty much only exists for spite (or because somebody has pushed your buttons). If the post is egregious, it should get flagged. If the person posted something worth debating, then post a reply debating it. Otherwise, the equivalent of a "thumbs down" is no thumbs up. If people are generous giving a thumbs up (or "awesome") to posts that they liked/enjoyed/agreed with/etc., then ones with few or no upvotes stand out a lot more. I actually prefer comment sections of sites which only have a "flag" and an upvote option. Even on YouTube, the undisputed cesspool of Internet commentary, the thumbs down button actually does nothing anymore.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • I agree downvotes and/or thumbs down on paper have merit but in practice are seldom used for their intended purpose. Most often they are used as a way to conduct personal vendetta's against specific users and large groups of people to derail certain threads that are counter their interests.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    All right, awesome is back ;)
    That's just... Er, something, what's the word again...
  • Magisse wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    All right, awesome is back ;)
    That's just... Er, something, what's the word again...

...Awesome. It's ba-ack!
  • Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if it's that easy to take away, then add the awesome button, how about that dark theme option? Pretty please?
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • I hated the dark theme. This is much easier to read. I hope they allow you the *option* to switch your theme, without compromising the FAR increased readability of these forums.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a big difference between enabling a reaction and making a CSS change :)
    Sadly, anything related to theming is on-hold for the time being.