Home The Bridge

Vreenak build items make no sense

I don't know what DB was thinking when they developed Vreenak's items. They just make no sense. Why does he need Maqui assassination plans? Wasn't he the TARGET of the assassination plans? Why does an Optolythic data rod need romulan pads and romulan algorithms? It was cardassian tech. Why do his uniforms need romulan ale AND regular alcohol? A few other inconsistencies as well. Grinding cardassian missions all week for data core components = a fail on my part I guess.

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even have him yet, but I can tell ya your not alone. Though I sent a bit more of a mix, typically 1x section 31 / 1x Maquis / 2 x cardassian each round since he was announced.
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have him to 60 and the guys needed more power cells than an energizer bunny and nearly a Troi’s worth of liquor. Not sure I have needed more than a single Romulan Encryption code so far. A 4* Novel that got replicated, though. Maybe Vreenak was secretly Maquis the entire time?
  • I probably won't enjoy the punishment of Vreenak's build, but I am enjoying the fact that the build recipe for the 3-star Romulan Cloaking Device that Keras needs at Level 56 requires a 4-star item (a 4-star Sensor to build that 3-star cloaking device)... At some point, will we get a 4-star item recipe that requires a 5-star item?!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    More to the point why does an optolythic data rod require Terran pistols!?

I’m also surprised at how much casing goes into those padded Romulan uniforms!
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I probably won't enjoy the punishment of Vreenak's build, but I am enjoying the fact that the build recipe for the 3-star Romulan Cloaking Device that Keras needs at Level 56 requires a 4-star item (a 4-star Sensor to build that 3-star cloaking device)... At some point, will we get a 4-star item recipe that requires a 5-star item?!

I was scratching my head at that one, too.
  • Neos472Neos472 ✭✭✭
    does he at least have his line?
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    When did builds EVER made 100% sense? Nothing new.... ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »

Have you even watched the show? Look at the shoulders. That is where all the casings have gone!
  • WundigoreWundigore ✭✭✭
    I used a kit and about 2000 chrons and a days worth of replications with about 750k credits to get him to 100. Did not find the build at all obnoxious, but I have not been zealously running Romulan missions since they announced the event. I probably had a fair amount of the faction items in the locker.
  • [KM]Videm[KM]Videm ✭✭✭
    Hunter247 wrote: »
    Siblin wrote: »

Have you even watched the show? Look at the shoulders. That is where all the casings have gone!

The shoulders on DS9 era Romulans were trimmed back to be more reasonable. You are thinking TNG era Romulans like Rakal Troi.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    The Romulans on Ds9 used he old shoulder pad uniforms up until Visionary in season 3 I think. The producers hated those uniforms and switched to the more sleek look in 'the die is cast'. A big improvement.