Home The Bridge
Options

How Many Immortalized 4* Characters Are in Your Active Crew Quarters? (TAKE 2!!)

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again … I set up a Flawed Poll earlier today, and so here is an attempt to put out an improved version.

The idea for the poll first came to me from the Who's your crack company of immortal Purples? thread, in which the OP asked which are the Super Rare characters “you wouldn't freeze”. In my own gameplay I had travelled a journey leading me to the point where I eventually came to my answer to this question being ‘none of them’. Specifically, in my limited Crew Slots I had finally acquired enough Legendary characters who could sufficiently take care of Voyages and The Gauntlet for me, and I have frozen all of my Immortalized 4* characters, so as to free up as many Crew Slots as possible for holding onto non-FF’d 4* characters that are waiting for additional Stars. I also saw another recent thread titled, Can we please have more crew slots!, and so I mistakenly combined these 2 ideas into the assumption that most players like me were facing a Crew Slots crunch that was motivating them to freeze most/all of their Immortalized 4* characters. Where I now realize I went horribly wrong in my design of the original Poll was to forget about all those players who have enough Crew Slots to be able to keep active both a large number of 5* characters, as well as a large number of Immortalized 4* characters.

And so I ask your indulgence please to answer this 2nd version of the Poll, where I have hopefully set up the answers to be able to better reflect the community's current status regarding the number of Immortalized 4* characters being kept long-term in Active Crew Quarters.

Thank you!!!

How Many Immortalized 4* Characters Are in Your Active Crew Quarters? (TAKE 2!!) 109 votes

100 or more
15%
ADM Fletcher [ET]WaldoMagCapt. ChaosJhamelNad HalAlthea Biermont[PAaA] Peanut3141Capt AjammPallidyneCommander Sinclair[10F] NewtonianQBallsSMMOdo MarmarosaMr. Lincoln[STFL] TheHell2Earth•RIVIN•zomgel 17 votes
75 – 99
11%
sorinevCaptain DurfData1001[TLA]  84wbChangeling Q[BL] C6pilotLive Long n ProsperAdmiral_MorakRaphillonGib - Admiral MarinersFlemmingTarquin 12 votes
50 – 74
18%
Captain TFCaptain LostTravis S McClain William T. RikerFredouCommander Tucker[SSR] GTMETPhotonKim~peregrine~(10F)GeekgirlK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dtea[QH] Captain ZiggySunshineRikerThurthoradCapt. Pete OwenWebberoni[DC] Picard Loves Reds{DD} SmellyIshmael MarxLegate Damar 20 votes
35 – 49
14%
uss_bonaventureSabine of Athens[DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123Grumpfert<G>e  RoonisVice Admiral StarfishPaladin 27Marko RamiusNivenFres[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieSiegfried [10F] Belle'Anna PompeyMagnusCaptain May I.Average Guy[SJ] ADM I'm a Dr. not a.... 16 votes
25 – 34
6%
MagisseKaiteeJayBeezy[FF] Vice Admiral Nairnecaptain_yar<TGE> Cliffordsnarkyputz 7 votes
10 – 24
17%
RabbCaptain_WhoKnight Ranger[DSEF] dax0r[NDQ] Joker41NAMIvanstone[DB - Do Better]   Prowler[CAB595] Emrys MyrddinDittoP-Rexal103CFOHSilverknightSST - 9of7Captain Greg PorterCaptain Tambourine ManYateballDavideBooks[ISA] Big McLargeHugeDoug Jones' Locker 19 votes
5 – 9
9%
RocpileCaptain Sisko [AA]ehmigaNeos472Lilac Erosion TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Shy KhanAutomaton_2000sagima=GBP= Plain Simple Garak 10 votes
1 – 4
4%
[TUFG] Siguard[QH] He-Who-MeowsHungry Dog DDMShran WrapFrank? 5 votes
0 (because I have frozen all of my Immortalized 4* characters)
2%
IrialSpockyRikerWasNumber1 3 votes
0 (because I am a newer player, and have not yet acquired any Immortalized 4* characters)
0%

Comments

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 – 74
    Virtually all the **** crew I keep have Science, Engineering or Medicine. Basically I like to maximize voyage scores and keep any crew that optimize voyages. I only have 2 **** crew that don't have one of those three skills, Robin Hood and Shras due to their top 6 skill status.
  • Options
    DittoDitto ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    10 – 24
    I have 11 active, immortalized 4*.

Just for the other end of the equation: I have 21 frozen .. (so 32 immortalized 4* total)
  • Options
    [DC] Picard Loves Reds[DC] Picard Loves Reds ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    50 – 74
    It seemed like slots were the best use use for dil after shuttles so I bought, and bought again when slot sales happened. I now have 51 4* immortals and another 40-ish 4/4 to equip. I still have 14 of 250 slots available before I have to start freezing purples, or airlocking the 1/4s at the bottom of my roster.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 or more
    It seemed like slots were the best use use for dil after shuttles so I bought, and bought again when slot sales happened. I now have 51 4* immortals and another 40-ish 4/4 to equip. I still have 14 of 250 slots available before I have to start freezing purples, or airlocking the 1/4s at the bottom of my roster.

I did the same. But with just barely over 100 not frozen. Good news is that I can freeze folks whenever I need to. I leave my slots full to make dismissing easier after a voyage and just open up a slot or two when I need to.
  • Options
    75 – 99
    I have 350 slots, and have frozen a few 4s. I will unfreeze one, and freeze a 3 tomorrow. And as I finish a few 3s, the 4s will come back until I need the slots.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 – 24
    22 plus at least a dozen fully equipped but not fully fused.
  • Options
    100 or more
    I am just at 100 4* crew active and would have more if DB would do a crew slot sale. The amount of 4* crew out is dropping due to the fact I have more 5* crew forcing me to freeze more and more.
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    25 – 34
    33 at the moment. 7 of those are Vulcans/Romulans who'll go back in the freezer once these events are over (but there are also 6 waiting to come out of the freezer once there's room, because I misread my spreadsheet thingy and accidentally set my auto-freeze threshold for Security crew way too high a little while back).

Crew space is tight, but it's not wrecking me just at the moment - I've got 250 spaces, a lot of them full of level 1s, but I'm juggling things okay that I'm not having to airlock less-favoured crew just to make room for ones I want more, and I've got room to have one or two 1*/2*/3* on deck to work on and freeze to fill out the collections when they pop up. USS Kaitee's doing alright.
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    10 – 24
    Around 20 of the immortals I like the best as characters.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 – 99
    I have 76 immortalized super-rares in my active roster. I'm kinda surprised it's that many, since I do still have a lot of open crew slots (out of 210 slots total), and tend to freeze anyone who I don't regularly use (except for Legendaries, who I so far have never frozen, despite having a dozen or so of those immortalized).

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    35 – 49
    I have 44 out of 175 slots now, although some of them are going back into the freezer after the mega event. My 4* immortals usually fluctuate depending on the event.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    10 – 24
    Irial wrote: »
    Where I now realize I went horribly wrong in my design of the original Poll was to forget about all those players who have enough Crew Slots to be able to keep active both a large number of 5* characters, as well as a large number of Immortalized 4* characters.
    You are wrong not only because of that. Some of us play under 1000 to NOT get undesirable 1/5 or airlock them. I froze some of my best 4* because of megaevent, but I'll unpack them after. And I'll sooner airlock 1/5 than permanently freeze them. That is until I'll get 20 good FFFE 5* or so which is around 2-3 years away for monthly card player like me.
  • Options
    100 or more
    290 slots with most of my 4* crew active. I got tired of freezing one only to have the next event announcement list them as bonus crew. It was costing me too many merits to pull crew out a week after vaulting. I'll revisit the need to freeze my 4*s after i max out crew slots & acquire too many event 1/5*'s for the maxed slots to keep them from the vault.
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    100 or more
    I have a SS with a macro that organises my crew. When I need a slot the lowest gets frozen.

fs74evimbsoc.png
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    1 – 4
    Just Mirror Phlox, but everyday I get closer and closer to putting him on ice.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 – 49
    42, will be 43 as soon as I get keras’s last item. I have plenty I could freeze, but I like having all my my crew slots filled so the blues from packs go to overflow.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    35 – 49
    42 of 59 (63 by Tuesday) . I'd forgotten about all those I've already frozen, be good to see if any might actually be useful. Mmm.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 or more
    I have all but 29 purples immortalized, with four FF in progress. 120+ are on my crew ATM.
  • Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    100 or more
    195 Slots

49 Gold (29 @ lvl 100, the rest @70+)
    46 Purple FF/FE (Rotate in/out of freezer for events, about 25 or so permanently active)
    93 Purple in various levels & states, mostly 4/4*
    3 Blue FF/FE for Sat/Sun Cadet
    4 Green FF/FE for weekly Cadet

I am only short 15 purples from the whole collection at this point.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    10 – 24
    195 Slots

49 Gold (29 @ lvl 100, the rest @70+)
    46 Purple FF/FE (Rotate in/out of freezer for events, about 25 or so permanently active)
    93 Purple in various levels & states, mostly 4/4*
    3 Blue FF/FE for Sat/Sun Cadet
    4 Green FF/FE for weekly Cadet

I am only short 15 purples from the whole collection at this point.
    You vote should been 25-49.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 – 24
    Currently 26. Up to 9 of those are going back into the fridge after the mega is over.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    75 – 99
    80 active immortal purples, 26 in the freezer.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    100 or more
    31 FF/FE golds in my crew quarters
    127 FF/FE purples in my crew quarters
    16 purple in the vault
  • Options
    [QH] Captain Ziggy[QH] Captain Ziggy ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    50 – 74
    61 Immortal purples currently active but a few will be frozen after the Mega.
    I have 8 immortalised Golds and a further 55 (soon 57) FE L100 Golds.
    Got roughly 100 frozen Purple crew out of 165 L100's.
    Currently at 194/195 slots
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    100 or more
    I am currently near the point of freezing all two stat superrares. These are never used on voyages for me. They can have some high stats and would be good for shuttles. Except, the whole shuttle difficulty for nonevent does not reward you for sending high difficulty shuttles. So I would rather have nonevent shuttles fail and have my lower base stat crew success rate get to 60%

Edit: I do not plan to freeze Mirror Phlox (do not have defensive Phlox, so holding him for gauntlet and he does make voyages for sec, in med slot) and Captain Klaa (currently using him in arena)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    75 – 99
    75, but its 17 too many. But I'm not hurting for space, presently.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    75 – 99
    I'm just glad to finally be in a situation where I can freeze enough "extra" 4* to make room for event crew to be unfrozen and recruit new event crew. I'm not looking forward to the day of choosing 1/5* to airlock but I know it's coming.
  • Options
    I only keep immortalized 5* cards active. I have more than 100 immortalized purples that I cryo because they're worthless to me.
  • Options
    I only keep immortalized 5* cards active. I have more than 100 immortalized purples that I cryo because they're worthless to me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I keep them on my roster as I am no where near my crew slot limit but the only value they have is when they are event crew