Home The Bridge
Options

What the tribble is the actual point of Ships and the Arena?

So I just got offered a new Vulcan ship that looks cool for a not insignificant amount of money. But at this point (6 months) I am scratching my head trying to figure out what the point is. Good ships (i.e. schematics) help in the Arena. The Arena gives us schematics for ships.... And?

Yes there are ship battle nodes.... but as soon as I got my first 4* ship those haven't really been a challenge in the slightest compared to Away Mission nodes. Now I have a most of the standard 5* ships maxed (ISS Enterprise, Borg Scout Cube, HMS Bounty etc)... so why am I meant to care?

Yes a part of me would like a maxed out Discovery or Shinzou... but gameplay wise I'm at a complete loss.

I rarely complete my daily missions now because 10 arena battles is a simple waste of my time on this earth and 200 honour really doesn't motivate me (I have a great fleet.)

Am I missing something, or is this just another wierdness of this particular CCG?

If so... DB give us an event using our 'taHqeq' ships for something other than the Arena!

Comments

• Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    FEwe2 wrote: »
    So I just got offered a new Vulcan ship that looks cool for a not insignificant amount of money. But at this point (6 months) I am scratching my head trying to figure out what the point is. Good ships (i.e. schematics) help in the Arena. The Arena gives us schematics for ships.... And?

It is nice to have the extra 150AM on Voyages to give some cushion for 8 hour voyages if you don’t have a zillion 5/5 characters... I mean how many time has spore drive turned up but alas... I haven’t gotten any of the new 5* ships to 10/10 because the one month they are in rotation isn’t enough to max them... so I’m sitting with and 8 or 9/10 NX01, T’Ong, Shenzhou, And undoubtedly at the end of the month, Discovery, which gives me squat for extra AM
  • Options
    FEwe2FEwe2 ✭✭

It is nice to have the extra 150AM on Voyages to give some cushion for 8 hour voyages if you don’t have a zillion 5/5 characters... I mean how many time has spore drive turned up but alas... I haven’t gotten any of the new 5* ships to 10/10 because the one month they are in rotation isn’t enough to max them... so I’m sitting with and 8 or 9/10 NX01, T’Ong, Shenzhou, And undoubtedly at the end of the month, Discovery, which gives me squat for extra AM

I'd actually honestly forgotten about that. I'm currently stuck in the 6 hours easy but 8 just out of reach without dilithium. As far as I'm aware though it's still almost all about the crew stats and not about the original Antimatter.
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

I'd actually honestly forgotten about that. I'm currently stuck in the 6 hours easy but 8 just out of reach without dilithium. As far as I'm aware though it's still almost all about the crew stats and not about the original Antimatter.

8 was way out of reach a few months ago unless it was a lucky DIP/COM/SEC with the right ship. I think I made it once or twice leading up to 2018... then a funny thing happened. The only 5/5 I have are from Mega Events (I always save up and blow 50K honor to FF them) which meant we got Borg Queen, Kortar, Mirror Picard (silently... so as not to trigger anyone) and (meh) T’Kumquat. We then got kick-butt MED Cornwell, and now kick-butt SCI Surak. Somehow I’ve lucked out and gotten 3/5 for Banjo Dude (both Locutus and Guinan never dropped more than once for me) and through saving honor have gotten DaVinci up from 1/5 to 4/5. Now, other than ENG, it seems I have a decent chance at hitting 8 hours with MED being helped by a 2/5 Mirror Crusher and SCI with a 4/5 Benny. But it is often very close for me still which is why the extra 150AM would be very nice... so if you are dying at 7.45-7.50, that 150AM is what you need to put you over the top...
  • Options
    Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    I rarely complete my daily missions now because 10 arena battles is a simple waste of my time on this earth and 200 honour really doesn't motivate me (I have a great fleet.)

Sounds like it's been a while since you looked at the targets. You only have to do 5 battles now, not 10. They changed it a few months ago.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's been a while since you looked at the targets. You only have to do 5 battles now, not 10. They changed it a few months ago.
    More like before I joined. Which is July. Don't remember 10 requirement, only 5.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only reason to go for the ships is an extra 150 antimatter in voyages, alas the $25 doesn't get the ship high enough to be any better than a maxed out 5* ship so consequently is a waste of money.

Personally the trait buffs need to be a little higher; a 1/10 5* ship with the right traits should out buff a 10/10* ship with no traits.

Same can be said for the 2, 3 an 4* ships. There really is no point to them at the moment.

I'd like to see the whole fleet/ship battle mechanics re-worked. Smaller (harder to hit) ships taking on bigger (more powerful but bigger and easier to target) ships in a kind of fleet battle mechanic.

Link the number of ships (volumetric based, i.e legendary ships need more hanger space) to your captain level/star base buffs. This would require the addition of tracking and signatures for each ship rather than just rolls of a dice and hitting cloak. Fleets could engage other fleets, exploration of the galaxy for resources (credits, dilithium, honour etc) - alot would be possible.

Jim

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage use is the best explanation for wanting ships, but the problem is that only the 5* ships matter (after your 2nd month in the game anyway). It would be nice to have a trait that hits a 3* or 4* ship, and then have that ship have higher AM than the minimal-scroll-to-select-Borg-Cube choice. As it stands now, any ship w/ less than 2400 AM is useless for voyages.