Home Ready Room
Options

Behold help - Sulan, Burnham, Tain

nxditnp9d1hi.png

Tempted to go for Sulan for his gauntlet stats, but hesitant to pass on Burnham because people seem to think she’s quite valuable though I’ve already got her at one star. Love Tain as a character but the other two seem superior. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have any of them, so my advice may be flawed but... Sulan is solid for gauntlet, but maybe not an automatic choice depending on your other med crew. Personally, I'd add a star to Burnham (stronger for next Disc event, doesn't burn a crew slot). Tain had no appeal to me.
  • Options
    If you want to make your crew stronger (Gauntlet and Voyages), Sulan is the right move. I use him every Gauntlet unless Mirror Phlox's traits are in play and he's on every MED Voyage.

If you want to be economical, Burnham is the right move.

Tain is a great character, but a relatively weak card. You could make a case for his CMD roll, but if you've got Mirror Picard or another comparable CMD roll he's gonna sit on the bench unless his traits pop up.
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    hesitant to pass on Burnham because people seem to think she’s quite valuable

That's because she has the highest total combined voyage score in the game.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping space in mind, I would go for Burnham. Plus you know the Burnham love going on at DB means use for future events.
  • Options
    Dralix wrote: »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I knew they were high but didn’t realize they were best. Since I’ve already got her I think I’ve gotten the bulk of her advantage, but that’s something I’ll keep in mind for the future.

I’m not too pressed for space, and my med crew is somewhat lacking; with no Defensive Phlox to work with Sulan would be useful in gauntlet, and my Beverlys aren’t any help in voyages where MED/SCI is concerned. I’ll ponder it until my shuttles return but I think Sulan is the way to go. You’ve all been very helpful, thanks!
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Peachtree Rex's spreadsheet at the top of this subforum. It has a tab ranking all crew by voyage score, and 3 separate tabs for gauntlet scores.

If I were in your place, I'd probably take Sulan. Without Defensive Phlox, he's probably your best overall gauntlet MED.
  • Options
    Tempted to go for Sulan for his gauntlet stats, but hesitant to pass on Burnham because people seem to think she’s quite valuable though I’ve already got her at one star. Love Tain as a character but the other two seem superior. Thoughts?

Man that's tough. Burnham is so awesome that it's hard to pass up another star, but Tain is so rare it's like badge of honor just to have him. Kinda like living in Detroit. People are so impressed.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would give a second star on Burney, because she is the Nr. 1 Voyager of all cards in the game. However, if you're weak on MED or need a strung gauntlet card, then Sulan (even with just a single star) would be valuable for you as well.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I knew they were high but didn’t realize they were best. Since I’ve already got her I think I’ve gotten the bulk of her advantage, but that’s something I’ll keep in mind for the future.

I’m not too pressed for space, and my med crew is somewhat lacking; with no Defensive Phlox to work with Sulan would be useful in gauntlet, and my Beverlys aren’t any help in voyages where MED/SCI is concerned. I’ll ponder it until my shuttles return but I think Sulan is the way to go. You’ve all been very helpful, thanks!

Actually, because Burnham is base-heavy, you will get a lot more out of her at higher fusions.

Prof-heavy crew will give you most of their benefit at 1/x star. Base-heavy crew are worth the fusions, they get a lot better with futher fusions.

With the right SB and collection bonuses, that Burnham has over 1500 cmd base.
  • Options
    Sulan or Burnham. Sulan if you need a good Med gauntlet character. Burnham if you just want to make an awesome card even more impressive. Tain is just really cool and has a decent Com gauntlet score I believe though nowadays I’m sure he’d be crushed by the Picard wall.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    I have both Sulan and Burnham 1/5 FE and I'd say go for Sulan. It's easier sometimes to get the 1/5 crew from pulls and fuse with Honor citations. At least if you have both you have options. Also Burnham has great scores but doesn't make my voyages as often as some other 1/5 simply because of her skill set not being as useful as some crew.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Man that's tough. Burnham is so awesome that it's hard to pass up another star, but Tain is so rare it's like badge of honor just to have him. Kinda like living in Detroit. People are so impressed.
    That’s how I feel about COP Picard, I’ve passed on him twice because his stats just aren’t up to par with my (many) other dip/cmd crew but he does seem rare.

Actually, because Burnham is base-heavy, you will get a lot more out of her at higher fusions.

True, I wish I’d gotten the DYC offer when I first got her!

Thanks for the help y’all! I went with Sulan in the end - I think he’ll be just a bit more useful for me in the gauntlet than another burnham star would be for voyages, though I hope to have another chance at her.

Also, there’s no denying the quality of his Lieutenant Durst costume ;)