Home The Bridge
Options

Rewards Boosts

I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.

There are WAY TOO MANY rewards boosts RNGing their way into my shuttle boost packs. I have around 300-some of the 3* boosts. Now, I do understand that we open more of these packs than any of the others because of the cadet challenge, but let's be honest, we're all just looking for time reduction boosts. In light of the recent nerf to limit the kickstart for faction missions, I feel that there may have been a secret nerf to reduce the number of time reduction boosts that are given away in these packs to further discourage the kickstart.

As far as for the rewards boosts themselves, they are generally useless because of the 6 hour time addition. People know that shuttles are the most unreliable way to get items that they need, hence the replicator, and the addition of some items to the cadet challenges. Because of this, no one wants to wait 9 hours for shuttles to return just to NOT receive what they want. The only use for these really, is for overnight missions, and I, personally, don't even do THAT too often.

In the last 12 (I bought an extra set of cadet challenges in an attempt to get more time reductions boosts) shuttle boost 10x pulls, this is my result for the time related boosts:

5* Reward Boosts - 1
4* Reward Boosts - 1
3* Reward Boosts - 24!
4* Time Reduction Boosts - 1
3* Time Reduction Boosts - 4

I'm not a mathematician or anything, but that works out to 2 3* rewards boosts per pull, and .33 3*time reduction boosts per pull. I don't know if anything has changed or if I've just been unlucky recently (this kind of thing has happened before), but there seems to be quite a disparity in the drop ratio for these items. If something HAS changed, I hope it was for a good reason, and not just to further squash the kickstart.
"I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!

Comments

• Options
    arjunaarjuna ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they haven't monetized this by allowing people to buy 10 packs of nothing but time reduction boosts where they will all be 3-5 star boosts with a guarantee that at least 1 will be 4*. That's probably the only boost that people would spend significant money on.

I'm sure they will do this soon so that the only way to compete on factions is to buy max number of these packs and the max number of chroniton packs for galaxy's . And of course you can buy both for hybrids! To paraphrase Zoolander "what is this, a school for whales?"
  • Options
    I thought it would have happened already too, however now I think they won't cause it caters to the Kickstart. On the other hand, so many people buy the chroniton packs for galaxy events that eventually the easy money will win out in the end.
    "I would have told him anything. Anything at all. But more than that, I believed that I could see...five lights."
    ~Captain Picard ST:TNG Chain of Command

Link to my list of helpful spreadsheets, websites, threads, and help for all players!

ST:TNG Crew Addition Wish List:

Mariachi Q - Déjà Q Quote - But I feel like celebrating! - Thank You!
    H.M.S. Pinafore Data - Insurrection Quote - And his fist be ever ready for a knockdown blow. - Thank You!
    Rascal Picard/Guinan - Rascals Quote - I want to see my father!
    Kivas Fajo - The Most Toys Quote - What a marvelous contradiction. A military pacifist!
    Batai - The Inner Light Quote - This tree is our symbol. Our affirmation of life.
    Irumodic Syndrome Picard - All Good Things Quote - You said it was earl grey. I'd swear it was darjeeling. - Thank You!
    B-4 - Nemesis Quote - Why do you have a shiny head? - Thank You!
    Zero G Worf - First Contact Quote - Assimilate this!
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fleetmate of mine recently got four or five 3* time boosts in one 10x pull. Perhaps he stole all of the goof RNG.