Home Strange New Worlds
Options

ST:D Episode 4 - The plague of the phantom telescope

How in the universe did Captain Georgiou’s telescope make into to Burnham? The Shenzhou was abandoned after being nearly destroyed. Obviously Starfleet never returned to the battle, because the Klingon ship was still there the whole time getting repaired. And if Starfleet did return to the battle site, they would have salvaged or scuttled the remaining ships to prevent the Klingons from getting Federation tech/files. So during the abandon ship order, who ran into the captain’s quarters, was able to enter without permission, of all the dead captain's stuff grabbed an obsolete tech device, just to hopefully give to the mutinous Burnham, who was technically still en-route to her life-sentencing when it arrived on the Discovery?

Comments

• Options
    It's a plot hole, yeah. Didn't bother me as much as I can find more glaring issues with the show.

I think the bigger problem here is that the scene was written with Tilly leaving the room and Burnham processing the telescope alone. There's been so little crew interaction in the show with no friendships in sight so this felt like a wasted opportunity.

I read on another forum that there has been no dialogue so far between the captain and his first officer. Imagine that...
  • Options
    I have a much bigger issue with the stupid "spore drive" concept and the space slug "navigator" being tortured to perform. Could this show be any more ridiculous?!!!
  • Options
    Leola Root wrote: »
    It's a plot hole, yeah. Didn't bother me as much as I can find more glaring issues with the show.

I think the bigger problem here is that the scene was written with Tilly leaving the room and Burnham processing the telescope alone. There's been so little crew interaction in the show with no friendships in sight so this felt like a wasted opportunity.

I read on another forum that there has been no dialogue so far between the captain and his first officer. Imagine that...

There really hasn't been much character development - and I have not found any of the characters likable or interesting enough to watch for an entire series.