Home The Bridge

Crafting items inside a galaxy event... bug or new feature

Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
a5g4ud826dnu.png

I have never seen an item have to be built or crafted within a galaxy event... this is a first, the red diplomatic books need to be built first in order to build the galaxy event item. Is this supposed to happen or is it just me or does everyone else see the same thing?

Comments

• I see it too.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it too. Was surprised to see it and I don't remember that occurring in any events before.
  • This is a ugly precedent
  • I got that as well. It's a three-tier build, too. I'm hoping there aren't any other items like this. Luckily I haven't far to go in the Galaxy portion of this event before I achieve my goal and can sit the rest out.
  • Did not really enjoy seeing this. If this isn't recognized as a bug my enthusiasm for next week's event will have gone from <3 to :'(
  • IIRC, this happened a long time ago in another galaxy event. Pretty sure DB said that it was a bug then, and even fixed it. Till they say or do anything about it, I'm avoiding that particular recipe
  • Galaxy events weren't quite bad enough, some people were still playing them in lieu of buying packs to get the crew.
    Maybe the irony is that we play because we’re Star Trek fans, those hopeful idealists that like to think things will get better when we raise valid concerns about fairness and balance, etc and we forget that DB’s greed openly mocks the values espoused by the franchise they have a license for.
    -Lord Wizzlestix I
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad im sitting this one out
  • edited October 2017
    As if galaxy events weren't already enough of a resource drain, now we have to contend with compound items, so we can't immediately see what we need vs. what we have. Not cool.

I had great fun with the shuttle part of the event, i hope the galaxy doesn't hurt worse than expected.

Oooohhhhh... maybe it's their way of making up for the chronitons we get from Voyages... not cool DB...
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    This is a ugly precedent

Agreed. I wonder at the thought process behind it. It's almost as though someone said "I know a lot of people already hate galaxy events, but how could we make them hate them more?" and then everybody put their suggestions in a box.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC, this happened a long time ago in another galaxy event. Pretty sure DB said that it was a bug then, and even fixed it. Till they say or do anything about it, I'm avoiding that particular recipe

Yeah, all of this has happened before. It was a bug then. I'm sure it is now also.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    V. wrote: »
    IIRC, this happened a long time ago in another galaxy event. Pretty sure DB said that it was a bug then, and even fixed it. Till they say or do anything about it, I'm avoiding that particular recipe

Yeah, all of this has happened before. It was a bug then. I'm sure it is now also.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon, but even so that's another example of sloppy coding and planning. I hope the recent staffing changes won't mean we should expect more of this.
  • Eww.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.disruptorbeam.com/stt/viewthread/61206/

Found it. Another galaxy was like that in May
  • My apologies then to you DB for saying it was a precedent. I play galaxy events so infrequently because of the cred, chron, and time guzzlers they are. Just usually buy the 25$ pack if the super is power creep or cast variant.

I really do hope this is not the new norm. If it is I have to say that galaxy events, outside of hybrids, Will be a dead zone to me.
  • Just been playing this galaxy for the last hour to reach 130k pts ,assumed this was a new DB initiative and this "build" came up alot and wasted a fair few chrons to meet it, I personally hope its not a bug because if so its another CS ticket for compensation for the amount wasted for it
  • copying and pasting events without errors was difficult enough with a full staff. now it's practically impossible. all down hill from here.
  • Had a few of these today.
  • The red diplomatic books are the only tiered item I've found so far, so I'm guessing it's just that one.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • I had this recipe from the start of the Galaxy portion, but I did not complete it. It sat there the whole time. Ironically, that multi-level item of that build was always available for me to build, but none of the others were.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is not a bug nor a new feature I have brought it up to the team's attention.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    While this is not a bug nor a new feature I have brought it up to the team's attention.

Thanks Shan. This one thankfully wasn't horrible to build, but still took a lot more resources than the usual recipe. Really not something we want to start seeing regularly, please!