Home The Bridge
Options

What Is Your Preferred Ratio Of Existing Versus New 4* Crew During A Mega Event?

IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
There has been some good discussion in various threads recently regarding the use of 4* characters within a Mega Event. More specifically, a Mega Event lasts 4 weeks, and with 2 per week, there are a total of 8 different 4* characters used as Event Crew during an entire Mega Event. The question under consideration here is, ideally how many of the 8 characters should be Existing ones already within the game, versus brand new ones. For example, in our current Mega Event, All We Become, we are going to have an even split of 4 Existing and 4 New 4* characters. If you think this is the best ratio to continue being used going forward, then you will want to choose Answer # 1 in this Poll; if you would like to see a different ratio in the future, all other theoretical options are available for your selection below.

What Is Your Preferred Ratio Of Existing Versus New 4* Crew During A Mega Event? 79 votes

4 Existing & 4 New – I think a 50/50 split, with 1 Existing and 1 New 4* character each week is best.
50%
Captain_WhoSSR Barkley[NDQ] Joker41NAM[GoT] jess-gayProsserData1001Captain Sisko [AA]Jim Raynor[TLA]  84wbKTzCpt. CavemanAntasilLarxene[10F] NewtonianQBalls(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]P-RexJayBeezyPaladin 27Drone_oneK Han Solo Ng & Thank4 All Dtea 40 votes
6 Existing & 2 New – I would actually like to see a couple more characters being repeated.
10%
Captain TFAggeCatpainTP:ToPetter ~SE~PrimusS31ArynneMuffansagima 8 votes
2 Existing & 6 New – I couple more new characters would make things better; having just 2 existing ones is enough.
11%
[7TW] UnkieBAviTrekCaptain Lost[TFA] CeleresFredouCommander Tucker[Retired] BeamMeUpScottieSST - 9of7Riria 9 votes
8 Existing & 0 New – I would like a total break from new 4* characters for a while!
6%
[QH] OxmyxAlthea BiermontHungry Dog DDM(HGH)Apollo[TUFG] Captain Zlog 5 votes
0 Existing & 8 New – I want them all to be new!
1%
izausome 1 vote
7 Existing & 1 New
2%
brokenbeakerCapt. Pete Owen 2 votes
5 Existing & 3 New
1%
captain_yar 1 vote
3 Existing & 5 New
16%
[KM]VidemTravis S McClain William T. RikerLady GaghgaghPallidyneTcalOdo Marmarosa[DD] Kirk Induced Self DestructionWebberoniDirk Gunderson<TGE> CliffordAutomaton_2000Roland 359 13 votes
1 Existing & 7 New
0%

Comments

• Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 Existing & 5 New
    Most Megas except this one (4/4) and Discovery II (7/1) gave been 5/3 with all three new only in the last even in the Mega.

That worked for Borg, Klingon, Discovery I and Mirror... and it worked well. (Picking WHICH existing has been hit or miss though)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until crew spots are fixed, 8 existing is helpful.
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 Existing & 2 New – I would actually like to see a couple more characters being repeated.
    OMG I wanted to vote for 6 new and 2 existing but...
  • Options
    2 Existing & 6 New – I couple more new characters would make things better; having just 2 existing ones is enough.
    2 existing for the faction only events as thresholds. --> 4 Events with 8 FF 4* crew or at least the chance for it.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    4 Existing & 4 New – I think a 50/50 split, with 1 Existing and 1 New 4* character each week is best.
    I'm fine with one existing 4* per week. It gives a chance for players to get needed copies of characters they may have missed out on in the past or haven't dropped in packs or voyages for them. For those of us who already have the existing character then we get the bonus to help get the new one.

I also wouldn't mind one existing 5* per mega event.
  • Options
    Not a thought about mega events rewards but related to "existing v new" rewards in general...

I think that an event replay should be just that - a replay that involves the characters originally used in that event. Not the same story but introducing different characters as now. This would have two positives. Players that already have these characters could sit that week out and get the break they seem to crave. Newer players would be given the chance to win older cards. Surely a win-win?

But then DB don't make a pile of cash I suppose.
  • Options
    P-RexP-Rex ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I think 50/50 is most use, as it adds new and one already in game for a partial bonus useful to most. But also offering some assistance in clearing a backlog in existing purples, and to be fair most of us are drowning in semi-finished ?/4 and with more in portal pulls, its a way to try clear some of those away.
    Except that isn't really helpful, if they are in rankings for most people, me included. So i tend to chance a pack or two to complete them.
    In saying that, 6 existing and 2 new is a better option, with the numbers of purples increasing non stop.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 Existing & 0 New – I would like a total break from new 4* characters for a while!
    I like to have all new crew. The fun of a mega event is using the crew you have with bonus then lvling up the event crew you get as quickly as possible. The only rerun crew should be legendaries so that we can get additional stars for them.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    There is simply no way to immortalize super rare crew at the rate they are being released without a significant amount of resources/dilithium/crew slots. I’d prefer they either cool their thrusters with the release of new super rares (which hardly feel ‘super rare’ when everyone gets them from each event anyway) or update the portal/voyages pool more frequently. The singular upside to getting so many new characters so frequently should be less duplicates - which make up about 95% of the super-rares I get from voyages and portals.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    For mehgas, 50/50 is great. Though maybe one week we could go 2 new 4* and a repeat 5*?

In general, I'd say between 50/50 and 2/3 new characters. I like to often get repeats, but once in a while full new crew is good, especially if that's the only way to get a new threshold 4* in a galaxy.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really like mega events any more just because I think they have become non-events. But we need more repeats in general.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have proved by putting this poll not numerically in order that you can make many people make mistakes:

Read responses they are commenting not on what they voted for but what they thought they voted for
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    3 Existing & 5 New
    For mega events, I would go either 4/4 or 3/5 (3 existing & 5 new), which is what I voted for.

In week 1 there is already an extra new crew with the recurring 5* character. I could see going with all new crew in week 3 (assuming they follow the same faction/galaxy/faction/hybrid rotation). That would wind up providing 5 new 5* crew and 5 new 4* crew, plus any new 2*/3* crew that get added. 10 total is a nice round number for mega events, in terms of new crew, especially if every mega event also provided players with 5 free new crew slots!
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    Well, I'm still kinda new, so most of them are new to me!

That said, I have pondered the possibility that in every second week, perhaps the 5-star could also be an existing crew member? I understand that it would make that week's event almost completely pointless for anyone who already has that character immortalized, but for everyone else, wouldn't it be a most welcome relief (especially for the 1/5 problem)? Perhaps DB could do an audit of which characters have the highest rate of 0/5 or 1/5 and pick them like that?

Perhaps the above is best applied outside of mega events, I dunno. On the other hand, that is kinda what the re-run events are, so maybe it's worth considering also including some existing 5-stars every second week in a mega? Perhaps specifically the 5-stars that were released as pack-only (but a sufficient amount of time ago)... Just some random thoughts. :#
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The main issue with this month's mega has not been the existing crew, it's been the stats on both the new and existing crew.

I have put stars on (immortalized) 2 existing crew, and I already had 2 immortalized, and actually gave myself a second Katra because I like the card and he's very, very useful. So I actually got 3 cards out of the 4. Even without the second Katra, that would be two. However, only Katra stays unfrozen, so I've saved two crew slots and filled one.

New crew though, I'm keeping two out of the four in general play, and they are quite marginal.

So all in all, it wasn't as exciting as the usual mega, but it was efficient.

Compared to Andoria and Mirror, where I missed out on one of the new crew, and Disco 1 where I depleted so much chrons and gear getting Tilly I couldn't play much over the next few weeks, but I went forward with a monster crew, there are downsides and upsides to each mega and how the crew pan out.

Discovery 1

New
    First Officer Saru - imm
    Reinforcements Stamets - imm
    Lt. Ash Tyler - imm
    Sarek - imm

Exisitng

Captain Janeway - 2/4
    Marla McGivers - 2/4
    Orion Slaver - cryo
    Blood Oath Jadzia Dax - 3/4

Mirror

New

Mirror Jadzia Dax - imm
    Mirror Vic Fontaine - imm
    Mirror Mayweather - imm
    Mirror Geordi La Faorge - imm
    Mirror Janeway - reluctantly airlocked for crew space

Exisiting

Mirror Empress Sato - cryo
    Mirror Tucker - imm
    Mirror Uhura - cryo

Andoria

New

Celebratory Ash Tyler - imm
    Prospect Michael Burnham - imm
    Commander Thelin - imm
    Lieutenant Tarah - reluctantly airlocked for crew space
    Ambassador Shras - imm
    Time Loop Mudd - imm
    Commander Ellen Landry - cryo

Existing

Commando Shran - cryo

Vulcan/Romulan

New

Amanda Grayson - cryo
    Vulcan Wedding T'Pol - imm (marginal)
    Commander Keras - imm (marginal)
    Mintakan Troi - ?

Existing

Katra McCoy - imm second copy
    Lieutenant Valeris - gauntlet? (marginal)
    Romulan Kirk - cryo
    Commander Sela - cryo
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/