Home The Bridge
Options

Why I'm going to stop playing

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    STT is getting stale. It's definitely time for a new feature in the game, something that makes 2 stat crew decent again. I felt this way last year before they introduced Voyages. I still don't feel as bad as I did then, but the game needs some innovation for sure. Gauntlet has always been bad, and could do with a complete overhaul. Arena similarly is mostly the T'Kuvma show, the ship you play hardly matters.
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    New features are great but I honestly don't believe that is should be the cause of concern for DB. New features will keep current players interested for a few more months at best.

A sense of accomplish is what players need and want. There is a 1000 rank level wall especially on faction missions and it makes it hard for newer players to compete. Bumping up the ranked rewards would help somewhat but will not solve the problem.

The problem is that it is near impossible to fully fuse a legendary character unless you spend a ton of money. Not only do the new characters not appear in packs until months after but to add citations to them is extremely burdensome. It is hard for newer players to get over the wall when in faction events the way to win is having a very well rounded and advanced crew.

The community has been pleading for a change in the honor system and last Q&A it was struck down. It will be interesting to see if DB will reconsider at all.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Nero84 wrote: »
    New features are great but I honestly don't believe that is should be the cause of concern for DB. New features will keep current players interested for a few more months at best.

A sense of accomplish is what players need and want. There is a 1000 rank level wall especially on faction missions and it makes it hard for newer players to compete. Bumping up the ranked rewards would help somewhat but will not solve the problem.

The problem is that it is near impossible to fully fuse a legendary character unless you spend a ton of money. Not only do the new characters not appear in packs until months after but to add citations to them is extremely burdensome. It is hard for newer players to get over the wall when in faction events the way to win is having a very well rounded and advanced crew.

The community has been pleading for a change in the honor system and last Q&A it was struck down. It will be interesting to see if DB will reconsider at all.

Pretty much this, honor and slots. Today I was looking forward to my post 6hr voyage hadn't had a purple drop in a while so I figured one would drop soon and it is a monday.... but then it happens.... another 1/4 or a tiny bit of honor to go to next legendary citation. Balloon well and truly flatened on that one.

On a side note a possible new feature would be to pilot your ship to areas in the system to scan/find items would be a nice improvement wouldn't feel so "tap, tap, tap"
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [BL] Q wrote: »
    Agree with the others it’s a boring chore now at this point the game is stagnant MSF is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of events and raids and such there’s 22days to hit all targets in the Thanos event so no need to cram a weekend into trying to get a character although it can be done.

What kills Timelines is the nodes and story mode it’s like the old browser games stop a line and hit a target and this in a game that looks for 99.99 for characters each week is pretty lame.

In MSF my Toons assemble a team and progress through both story and the nodes they’re not just JPEG’s they’re 3D too.Timelines missed out on a chance to have teams beam down to a surface(transporter noises included) and beat aliens of the episodes to progress. This stop a line and RNG decides if you progress is outdated and lazy programming. For now my entertainment budget goes on MSF I haven’t even renewed my monthly card probably won’t either

I checked out Marvel Strike Force today because people were talking about it and I wasnt impressed. Crazy difficult to get any good crew. You either have to play lvls over and over a million times to get shards or spend insane amounts of money. I can get good crew every week here in STT. Even starting people can get a free 4/5 in event months. Also MSF was just click click click as well. So not sure if you dont like clicking in STT why you would like clicking in MSF? MSF also just felt like a cheap knockoff of Marvel Contest of Champions. Worse graphics, worse crew, more difficult to get anyone good and no free pull every day for crew.

You get Hulk simply for logging in and playing normally in achievements.
    You get Wolverine for making Daily Objectives (same as STT Daily goals) for 7 days.
    This month you get Spidey from daily rewards.
    You get shards from basic orbs free all throughout the day
    You get shards for good players just for playing the Arena, Blitz, and Alliance Raids. (Quake took me a lil over a week of playing 5 Arena battles a day)

Level 43 here, collection power 52k, Current Strongest Team 23k. FTP.
    (And still ranked sub 500 in the Timelines Faction event)

Other than planking down a credit card, how's that compare to Timelines? Did you have kick **tsk tsk** characters here in your first 7 days?
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭

Pretty much this, honor and slots today I was looking forward to my post 6hr voyage hadn't had a purple drop in a while so I figured one would drop soon and it is a monday.... but then it happens.... another 1/4 or a tiny bit of honor to go to next legendary citation. Balloon well and truly flatened on that one.

On a side note a possible new feature would be to pilot your ship to areas in the system to scan/find items would be a nice improvement wouldn't feel so "tap, tap, tap"

The one feature that would be nice is more fleet involvement. Fleet vs Fleet would be cool with some sort of tiered structure based on average level or something. More competition is great and building interest within your own fleet keeps people playing too.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this, honor and slots today I was looking forward to my post 6hr voyage hadn't had a purple drop in a while so I figured one would drop soon and it is a monday.... but then it happens.... another 1/4 or a tiny bit of honor to go to next legendary citation. Balloon well and truly flatened on that one.

The one feature that would be nice is more fleet involvement. Fleet vs Fleet would be cool with some sort of tiered structure based on average level or something. More competition is great and building interest within your own fleet keeps people playing too.

I think the PVP aspect acutally would take us down the path of having to be online way too much... PVE Fleet tasks would be very fun though. Enjoying the 'raids' in MSF.
  • Options
    Ive been playing for close to 2 years as well and while it has been fun getting to know many players and competing against you all, I will be retiring my second account next week and have been thinking about just retiring the game period. One of my favorite players will be leaving us soon and it feels like a fitting time to move on.
  • Options
    S14 Bri S14 Bri ✭✭✭
    Bri wrote: »
    I think this game is great. I’m happy with it how it is, and if they change things and develop it slowly, I wouldn’t object.

I’m just grateful we have a Star Trek game that’s pretty deep and let’s me immerse myself, or just perform light daily maintenance depending upon my schedule.

For those complaining about gauntlet etc, try to lower your expectations because expecting to win every time will ultimately lead to disappointment.

As for the OP lamenting that the game hasn’t developed.... from day one to now, from what I gather, it has introduced lots of new things.... not to mention voyages, which opened up a whole new way of playing. Perhaps a sabbatical is a good idea, but hopefully you’ll be back :)

My guess is you are one of the new blood that DB is trying to get to replace some of us :)

But I have played this for almost 2 years. I have lowered my expectation, but it is hard to go any lower at this point.

Kind of: I’ve just immortalized my 200th crew member and I’m taking your post as a warning to myself... not to invest too heavily in something that may not develop sufficiently over time. I hope you don’t permanently quit and waste 2 years of effort. A break and some in game development might freshen things up
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I hope you don’t permanently quit and waste 2 years of effort.

Effort towards what? It's a game, you're supposed to play for fun. If it's not fun, stop playing. There's no jackpot reward for all your efforts at the end.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this game is great. I’m happy with it how it is, and if they change things and develop it slowly, I wouldn’t object.

I’m just grateful we have a Star Trek game that’s pretty deep and let’s me immerse myself, or just perform light daily maintenance depending upon my schedule.

For those complaining about gauntlet etc, try to lower your expectations because expecting to win every time will ultimately lead to disappointment.

As for the OP lamenting that the game hasn’t developed.... from day one to now, from what I gather, it has introduced lots of new things.... not to mention voyages, which opened up a whole new way of playing. Perhaps a sabbatical is a good idea, but hopefully you’ll be back :)

My guess is you are one of the new blood that DB is trying to get to replace some of us :)

But I have played this for almost 2 years. I have lowered my expectation, but it is hard to go any lower at this point.

Kind of: I’ve just immortalized my 200th crew member and I’m taking your post as a warning to myself... not to invest too heavily in something that may not develop sufficiently over time. I hope you don’t permanently quit and waste 2 years of effort. A break and some in game development might freshen things up

I couldn’t have given a better definition of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. If a game has become a chore instead of fun, stop doing it. I did it with Cyber Nations, Astro Empires, OGame, NationStates (although NS2 was magnificent and died a far too early death), Star Wars Combine, and Empires and Puzzles. And I really liked SWC, too, but it became a second full time job instead of a fun diversion and so had to go.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently dropped DC Legends, and its feels great to be free of it. If you stop liking something, move on.

Now that doesn't mean that the game isn't poor in some fashion. I almost quit this game before Voyages came along, so I think the recipe for success for DB is to innovate, and keep adding modes that require us to maintain deep, balanced crews.

(I am hopeful that they are going to be introducing some sort of mechanic that is more heavily reliant on traits, as they have been doing *a lot* of tinkering with those lately...)
  • Options

Congrats. It will slow down tremendously unless you keep buying packs. But I have 300+ (no duplicates) and few hours after hitting that mark, nothing changes

I did kinda take a break when i was VIP8.... now VIP14+ feel much worse with what’s going on :)
    Dralix wrote: »
    I hope you don’t permanently quit and waste 2 years of effort.

Effort towards what? It's a game, you're supposed to play for fun. If it's not fun, stop playing. There's no jackpot reward for all your efforts at the end.

Yeah that’s the whole point. It is supposed to be fun game even for P2W game.

The algorithm used in this game is the killer.

Some people put tons of money. My fleet prob only has one with 6k plus. Top rank fleets where the whales live most likely have everyone in that range and a lot higher.

And since they have invested so much, they will prob just **tsk tsk** it up and continue in this route, or else they lose everything (actually they will lose even more if they continue). But the whales prob have a lot more money to burn so it doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    I just recently dropped DC Legends, and its feels great to be free of it. If you stop liking something, move on.

I quit that game a while back. I had spent enough to be a whale but it was becoming so draining to play that I quit and haven't missed it at all. It's sad, because DC characters are my favorites when it comes to comics.

• Options

I couldn’t have given a better definition of the Sunk Cost Fallacy. If a game has become a chore instead of fun, stop doing it. I did it with Cyber Nations, Astro Empires, OGame, NationStates (although NS2 was magnificent and died a far too early death), Star Wars Combine, and Empires and Puzzles. And I really liked SWC, too, but it became a second full time job instead of a fun diversion and so had to go.

I loved Ogame at the start finding an inactive player with more resources than i made and going raiding. Sending message to incoming fleet saying i'm active and moving them before the attack. Then forgetting to log in one time and finding my fleet destroyed but getting a nice shiny moon.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I loved Ogame at the start finding an inactive player with more resources than i made and going raiding. Sending message to incoming fleet saying i'm active and moving them before the attack. Then forgetting to log in one time and finding my fleet destroyed but getting a nice shiny moon.

It was a lot of fun (except for the time when the top-ranked guy on the server took notice of me), until all of my friends stopped playing one by one. I ended up handing over my account to the son of one guy in my fleet, who had played once before and wanted to get back in.